• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Amon37

Ya one thing warframe has never been is pay to win. As others have if you want to spend money it's really only pay to grind less, lol

Would anyone in the GAF clan happen to have a spare Rage mod? It's the last missing piece I need for my Valkyr and I can't seem to get one to drop, and I'm still a little hesitant to use the Trading channel (plus I'm really low on plat). I don't have too much of value but I've got a couple of the more common Prime BPs I could trade (Volt Prime, Odonata Prime Systems).

I have an extra one I can give you. But I probably won't be on until tomorrow. If you're still interested message me. Psn is same as here.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I have an extra one I can give you. But I probably won't be on until tomorrow. If you're still interested message me. Psn is same as here.

Yeah, definitely interested. You'll show as online in the clan chat if you're on, right? Roughly what time do you think you'll be on?

And thanks, definitely appreciate it!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Thanks to PaulKersey I finally got my ideal Valkyr setup (mostly) done:
52qRzEH.jpg

It's not 100% finished, of course. I'm probably going to take Quick Thinking off since it no longer really serves a purpose. And of course I'll need to find not-damaged versions of Continuity and Intensify. Ideally I'd like to find a Narrow Minded and forma a new polarity slot. But for the moment, this'll do.

VariantX

PC just got updated to 18.4 yesterday, while the console update just fell short of that window so we'll be at 18.3, but people on reddit are speculating on some new mods that will possibly be coming with an upcoming event. The thread linked here, courtesy of r/warframe and the OP, missingspartan

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/4239db/u184_extra_codex_content_speculate/

Some of these seem insanely good for certain playstyles (like one that literally extends the combo counter time to +12 seconds.) Good enough for people to even wonder "whats the catch"\

There are apparently some new enemies from an apparent "stalker" faction as they seem to be warframes with stalker helmets.

bLaiSe

PC just got updated to 18.4 yesterday, while the console update just fell short of that window so we'll be at 18.3, but people on reddit are speculating on some new mods that will possibly be coming with an upcoming event. The thread linked here, courtesy of r/warframe and the OP, missingspartan

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/4239db/u184_extra_codex_content_speculate/

Some of these seem insanely good for certain playstyles (like one that literally extends the combo counter time to +12 seconds.) Good enough for people to even wonder "whats the catch"

There are apparently some new enemies from an apparent "stalker" faction as they seem to be warframes with stalker helmets.
Ohmygod that combo counter extender and 165% CHC stacker mod. HYPE!

bLaiSe

I still dont know how to build a decent melee build
They are the simplest things to build for in the game, though.
If it has decent crit stats: Pressure Point, Organ Shatter, True Steel, Fury, Berserker, 2 elementals and a mod of personal preference like Primed Reach, Life Strike, Spoiled Strike, etc.
If its not a crit weapon: Pressure Point, Fury, 4 elementals and 2 mods of personal preference.
These may not be the top DPS builds but they got me to 1 hour and beyond in T4 easily so far.
If a weapon has at least 10% CHC then it's worth slotting in a Berserker because after you get the first stack you'll get the remaining 2 fairly quickly.
I personally never use non-crit weapons except for Orthos Prime because Berserker is just too good.

Dazza

Can someone invite me to the Neogaf clan? my current clan doesn't have enough members on when I am to do sorties and other highlevel and end game content.

Dazzatron is my PSN ID

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Friend of mine with like 400 hours in this has been pushing this hard on me lately, but I fear its too late into the game to start now.

Is this easy to get into at least? There seems like theres alot of f2p systems going on from some videos I've watched

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Friend of mine with like 400 hours in this has been pushing this hard on me lately, but I fear its too late into the game to start now.

Is this easy to get into at least? There seems like theres alot of f2p systems going on from some videos I've watched

It's not at all too late. I started maybe three weeks ago and while I did have to do a bit of research on my own (the game is kinda terrible at explaining certain things to you), I've really had no problems getting into the game at all.

And as far as the F2P elements, Warframe is pretty damn generous in that regard. The only important things you really HAVE to spend platinum on are extra Warframe and equipment slots. And if you use your 50 starting platinum on an extra frame slot and two extra weapon slots (technically four since you get two for 12 plat), you'll be fine for a long while. Everything else you can earn in-game save for cosmetic stuff. And if you do need platinum, you can just farm some of the rarer drops and sell them to other players for platinum. There really is no need to ever pay money as long as you're dedicated.

frizby

Can someone invite me to the Neogaf clan? my current clan doesn't have enough members on when I am to do sorties and other highlevel and end game content.

Dazzatron is my PSN ID

Sent. Welcome. MR19...nice, a veteran.

Hope our peak times work better for you, and if not, the alliance is pretty active at all hours.

Az987

all good things
Hey, could I get an invite to the clan from someone?

I'm clanless and I figured GAF would be better than accepting one of the random clan invites I get every so often.

My PSN is Az986.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp

if you have psn+ I think you get free plat with experience and credits boosters to boot, on top of the free 50 plat the game gives you. Use that to buy more slots for weapons and warframe and you don't have to spend a dime ever. Unless you want some cosmetic stuff.

frizby

if you have psn+ I think you get free plat with experience and credits boosters to boot, on top of the free 50 plat the game gives you. Use that to buy more slots for weapons and warframe and you don't have to spend a dime ever. Unless you want some cosmetic stuff.

Yup. I recommend cashing in the ps plus bonus at the beginning of a weekend to maximize the boosters.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
I did almost 40 t3 survival runs, all 40-60 min and never got 1 volt chasis...or ash systems...or nova chassis(luckily didn't need this but still). t3 rotation C has 7 drops yet all I ever got was carrier bps and a couple rhino parts.

Then there was the time I did almost the same number of runs looking for kubrow eggs, finally get one, do an alert on earth...literally the next mission after getting one. Fucking two drop at once from both dens >.>

VariantX

I dont know why kubrow eggs are so rare, like the real coin grab is to keep them alive not to get one

You can still buy it in the store for real money, therefore it will be rare. Also, its absolutely nothing to a veteran player to keep a kubrow alive. Just running the sortie at least once a week will cover the kubrow's stabilizer costs by itself. This is something that will kick new players in the ass if they dont have friends or clanmates to carry them into tougher content. The drop rates will increase as its already been announced, but that's likely due to the new companions coming out in U19. You cant make it too difficult for your playerbase to get your hands on these things to spend real money on customizing them or you'll be defeating the purpose of why they exist in the first place. I'd rather they get kubrows to act with even a slight sense of self preservation. I just shake my head when I see someone bring a kubrow to a sortie, they're bleeding out within seconds in the face of the LVL 100+ mobs.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Shit, I just realized I'm a chassis away from a full Rhino Prime BP set. Should I work on getting the chassis then save them for when he gets vaulted? Could probably make some decent plat that way, looking at Ember and Frost Prime prices.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Aww yeah, Nyx Prime here I come!

Gotta say, I've had a pretty good past day or so. Got all the Nyx Prime blueprints, got the Berserker mod I needed for Valkyr, got Dread and Despair BPs from random Stalker encounters, and a bunch of other nice stuff.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
I've mostly been doing syndicate stuff as I was switching hexis/suda for new loka/perrin. Too many corpus sorties. Sapping ospreys suck.

Anyway I was looking for volt prime chassis. Last part I need and I'll have every prime frame. Then it's just archwing stuff, a few vaulted parts and a few prime weapons. Well stances and mods too. And cores for said mods. It never ends lol.

Should forma more stuff too soften I can compete with more gear/frames but I'll probably wait till we have another double xp weekend, buy a booster and live at Draco.

VariantX

I'm starting to become convinced that alot of folks in trade chat can't read or understand what "WTS" means. One player started to creep me out and wanted to offer mods to make up for the platinum they didn't have. So i asked him what mods do you have, but he refused to tell me anything about them until I went to his dojo. This player kept sending me invites repeatedly even after I declined like 5 times.

AndyD

aka andydumi
I'm starting to become convinced that alot of folks in trade chat can't read or understand what "WTS" means. One player started to creep me out and wanted to offer mods to make up for the platinum they didn't have. So i asked him what mods do you have, but he refused to tell me anything about them until I went to his dojo. This player kept sending me invites repeatedly even after I declined like 5 times.

Honestly, I really wish there was an easier way to sell/buy.

As bad as it sounds I wish there was an MMO auction house/store type interface for people to post and browse, sell/buy without the complication of dojos and posting to the chat boards. I know they don't want this so that prices stay high and people buy credits instead of trading more, but it's cumbersome.

I have several prime pieces I think I might be willing to give up in favor of others, but I am not sure what's "in the vault" or what anything is truly worth.

Korezo

How long did it usually take people to farm Mesa? I'm almost at a month.. Got like 5 helmets and 1 chassis while trying, the recruit chat is full of people that wait until you use your key to then leave..

Matchew

How long did it usually take people to farm Mesa? I'm almost at a month.. Got like 5 helmets and 1 chassis while trying, the recruit chat is full of people that wait until you use your key to then leave..

I just started playing Warframe and bought the Mesa blueprint. Can someone please explain to me how to farm for components in this game. I'm a little lost.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Update approved by Sony, we should it get tomorrow or friday :)

Operation Shadow Debt is pc exclusive right?

I just started playing Warframe and bought the Mesa blueprint. Can someone please explain to me how to farm for components in this game. I'm a little lost.
I suggest putting farming for Mesa away for now, you need to unlock Eris to farm her parts and if you just started it's not possible right now.

An easy to get and good Warframe is Rhino.

Top Bottom