• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
The trade system is shit. Needs to change.

I went 3 for 3 on mesa.

need an auction house ASAP, at least a way that you can put what you want to sell for a time so you don't have to rely on the fucking trade channel exclusively for trading.

VariantX

I though Maroo bazar was supposed to be like an AH.

Not even remotely close to an AH. All it does is allow people who are not in clans to trade with each other. The system we had prior required at least one person be in a clan and have built a trading post to trade at all.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah you can't even see what they're selling at the bazzar till you inspect them anyway. So dumb.

Needs an e-bay/auction house for me to try trading beyond doing stuff with you guys/alliance. Especially with how DE handles fraud and giving ppl negative plat. Not risking my account. I mean don't take deals that seem too good to be true but for newbs or ppl who don't live in trade chat expecting ppl to know what's worth what is not fair.

Too bad all the hardcore trader types live on the official forums and shut down discussion every time.

VariantX

Yeah you can't even see what they're selling at the bazzar till you inspect them anyway. So dumb.

Needs an e-bay/auction house for me to try trading beyond doing stuff with you guys/alliance. Especially with how DE handles fraud and giving ppl negative plat. Not risking my account. I mean don't take deals that seem too good to be true but for newbs or ppl who don't live in trade chat expecting ppl to know what's worth what is not fair.

Too bad all the hardcore trader types live on the official forums and shut down discussion every time.

Yeah because they benefit from the fact that most people will not spend hours on trade chat watching prices rise and fall from day to day. To them, trading is the game and some want to win at any cost. It's kind of sad that the warframe subreddit is actually better tham the official forums for discussion. The shit people get away with there would have gotten them banned here within minutes. Talk about nerfing anything, folks will descend on that thread like a swarm of locusts and make damn sure the subject can't be discussed.

Error

I believe they mentioned in one of their streams that they are looking to upgrade the trade system in the future. Guess we'll see. Oh and the phone app sucks, I dont get notification for the alerts, need to use a third party one for that. What's the point of a mobile app if you aren't going to make it do push notifications for alerts?

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I don't get it. It's like they're proud they haven't payed any money for plat and rip ppl off. If you want capitalism the game go play EVE online. I'm more torn on nerf "discussion"(lol) seeing how bad DE(and most devs to be fair) are at balancing and me always being behind the current meta, therefore being paranoid the gear I'm working on/towards being useless cuz DE gave in to the sycophants again. Also most topics I see are just ppl bitching about what's popular or a weapon they don't like. Fix enemy scaling 1st so I don't need to put 6 forma into shit to be viable end game. Give weaker weapons buffs/syndicate mods, more starting polarities etc There's tons they can do. Or fix drops so I don't need to spend over an hr in one damn mission. Smooth out that bell curve.

Got trinity prime chassis and helmet the last 2 days. Need to grind t3 MD and ODDs for the other 2 pieces.

I ended up using trade chat to get a lot of mods for awesome EV build and a seperate blessing build for my trinity. Love it.

VariantX

Got trinity prime chassis and helmet the last 2 days. Need to grind t3 MD and ODDs for the other 2 pieces.

I ended up using trade chat to get a lot of mods for awesome EV build and a seperate blessing build for my trinity. Love it.

I'll be back on in a few minutes of this post if you're looking to do some of those runs. I need to get some stuff anyway since im running low on ducats at the moment.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I've been having some weird issues since the update. The first time I tried playing post-patch, I kept getting this weird glitch where I'd get stuck on the star map, unable to select a mission or back out. Restarted the game a couple times and haven't had that since, but I've noticed the framerate seems to stutter a lot now, and also I no longer get Lotus popping up and saying "Head to extraction", etc. after I clear a mission's objective. Anyone else having any issues since the patch?

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Man wtf rest mode? Why you no work? I started the update this morning, checked before leaving for class, was half done, come home and nothing. It's been in rest mode the whole time and not downloaded shit. Now it's going duper slow too.

I got some nitain I can donate too if this ever finishes.

VariantX

got super lucky tonight, got vulpine mask in 2 runs of exterminate on Neso. For some reason they seem to spawn there a lot more than even in the pluto maps.

Amon37

I can't play until saturday but started the download when I woke up. Surprisingly in between speeds of 100kbps (rofl) I was getting bursts of 7-15mbps which is still sort of sad considering I have theoretical max of 30mbps. Only took about 2 hours.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Ugh, of course the last mission of Jordas Precept would be Archwing. I'm gonna be stuck on this shit forever 'cause my Archwing is barely leveled and Archwing shit isn't fun. =/

VariantX

I hear ya. I don't really enjoy archwing missions that last longer than a few minutes. Then they made shield dargyns have complete invulnerability from the front + they neglected to adjust their turn speed so they still turn on a dime. Anyone who is stuck with Odonata or dont have a grattler stuggle against them. They made the controls slightly looser for reasons I can't understand. The arching defense node with the dual defense targets is a horrible idea and should have never been greenlighted, no one even considered that maybe a single person doing this on their own would be aggravating? Sad part is I enjoyed it more at the beginning even with the broken enemies and archwing stats scaling off warframe stats. For every thing they fix they add one or two things that make it worse.

Ugh, of course the last mission of Jordas Precept would be Archwing. I'm gonna be stuck on this shit forever 'cause my Archwing is barely leveled and Archwing shit isn't fun. =/
I dig the Archwing stuff, besides defense, but there isn't enough variety. If you want to unlock gear you have to play the exact same missions again and again. There's no way to really mix it up and bounce between modes and locations to keep things fresh. Its such a linear progression of a very few mission areas and types, and the drop rates for parts are super low, it just turns an amazing sense of mobility into a slog.

There's so much potential to Archwing, but it needs some serious love.

Hell, I'd ditch leveling it separately so you could actually have missions that are a mix of on foot and space battles without having to specifically prep for it. Or have in-mission loadout support to allow missions to mix things up even more.

AndyD

aka andydumi
I dig the Archwing stuff, besides defense, but there isn't enough variety. If you want to unlock gear you have to play the exact same missions again and again. There's no way to really mix it up and bounce between modes and locations to keep things fresh. Its such a linear progression of a very few mission areas and types, and the drop rates for parts are super low, it just turns an amazing sense of mobility into a slog.

There's so much potential to Archwing, but it needs some serious love.

Hell, I'd ditch leveling it separately so you could actually have missions that are a mix of on foot and space battles without having to specifically prep for it. Or have in-mission loadout support to allow missions to mix things up even more.

It seems like they are just getting started with this. THat said the biggest detraction for me is the lack of "magnet/vacuum" for pickups and the low drop rate of everything. It's not as easy to run over stuff to pick it up as it is on foot let alone things being very hard to see.

What I really want is to fly my ship though and not just in the mission load screen. Maybe let us slowly navigate it into the bazaar or to land at dojo. No combat.

Error

lol got one of nezha drops right away.

gotta give it to DE, they fixed a lot of the fps problems. Just tried an excavation mission on earth which were usually pretty horrible framerate wise, and it was pretty damn stable (there are drops but nothing unplayable) even when there's lots of shit on screen. The sortie interception mission was noticeable improvement over how it was before.

good shit DE, that's why I sometimes drop 5 bucks on plat just to support them.

It seems like they are just getting started with this. THat said the biggest detraction for me is the lack of "magnet/vacuum" for pickups and the low drop rate of everything. It's not as easy to run over stuff to pick it up as it is on foot let alone things being very hard to see.

What I really want is to fly my ship though and not just in the mission load screen. Maybe let us slowly navigate it into the bazaar or to land at dojo. No combat.

yeah, the whole point of the wings is to be fast and fly around. when you have to slow down to aim or pick up loot that kinda takes you out of it. I do like the archwing stuff for the most part but they really need to improve more for it to be actually fun.

frizby

Dojo looks nice, other than the staggering absence of pink.

I can't even remember if there is a pink!

Glad it meets your approval. A few months back, I did a fairly complete renovation, replacing a bunch of the connecting rooms and consolidating the parkour course and dueling rooms in one area. And then when parkour 2.0 came out, I spread things out a bit in the main hall and added some vertical zen gardens, one of which you might recognize. :)

It was hard to delete some of those old decorations in the main hall, but the new parkour and the distance you can cover gave me the push I needed. Trying to be a good caretaker.

lol got one of nezha drops right away.

gotta give it to DE, they fixed a lot of the fps problems. Just tried an excavation mission on earth which were usually pretty horrible framerate wise, and it was pretty damn stable (there are drops but nothing unplayable) even when there's lots of shit on screen. The sortie interception mission was noticeable improvement over how it was before.

good shit DE, that's why I sometimes drop 5 bucks on plat just to support them.

Yeah, I got the Nezha systems in my first sortie and the BP from my daily login, so I'm also on my way.

It's definitely strange how some updates, usually major ones, cause performance issues, but they normally sort it out on one of the next couple of updates.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I can't even remember if there is a pink!

Glad it meets your approval. A few months back, I did a fairly complete renovation, replacing a bunch of the connecting rooms and consolidating the parkour course and dueling rooms in one area. And then when parkour 2.0 came out, I spread things out a bit in the main hall and added some vertical zen gardens, one of which you might recognize. :)

It was hard to delete some of those old decorations in the main hall, but the new parkour and the distance you can cover gave me the push I needed. Trying to be a good caretaker.

Certainly ;D

Dojo looks great Frizby.

To be honest, as long as someone remembers to feed the turtle all is well ;)

I'll be playing ocasionally, so see you around!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Woke up too early because my acid reflux was kicking up again. Decided to get on Warframe. Got in on an alert with Steel Charge as the reward with literally seconds to go. Thank you acid reflux. :lol

Seriously holy shit, this makes my Valkyr even more ridiculously strong. And 18 more mod points? YES PLEASE.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Man, what's up with the sudden influx of Aura mod alerts lately? Didn't see a single one in the past month or so, and now I've seen four in the past two days. :lol

VariantX

He actually showed up twice in a hour for me on Thursday after weeks of nothing . He only dropped a pigment the first time though. Was unusually lucky that day, stalker finally dropped hate, got vulpine mask in 10 minutes of playing and support returned the frames that vanished from my foundry .

I hate this syndicate system. I have enough rep to get to the highest level but I need an Ash Prime helmet. I can't even get one of those for building Ash Prime :(.

Wowbagger

Lol. I hope nobody is actively farming him! I'd be happy if everybody got marked and just played as normal. I think we're at something like 28/100.

No, not really. :) Just getting marked can feel like a bit of a grind, though. I've had to do a handful of missions each time. The Stalker, on the other hand, is happy to mark me after just one, more often than not.

jfull7602

Neo Member
Any idea what's in this new 1.30 patch that just went up? Can't find any patch notes as of yet.

If it is the patch I think it is; it is the "Ring of Fire" update where PS4 gets the Nehza frame, and some more weapons/cosmetics. Which, you can only get Nehza pieces from the daily sorties.

If you're talking about a different update, then I am clueless.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
If it is the patch I think it is; it is the "Ring of Fire" update where PS4 gets the Nehza frame, and some more weapons/cosmetics. Which, you can only get Nehza pieces from the daily sorties.

If you're talking about a different update, then I am clueless.

Yeah we got Ring of Fire a few days ago. This is a new patch.

got the 50% market discount and thinking about spending some plat. actually wanted to get a bunch of formas at half price but since the discount doesn't apply to multiple items in a purchase, I'll have to pick something else. what's a good thing to get out of the following list:

Elytron wings
a wing weapon
Simulor
Chorma frame

mostly the reason I consider these is because how troublesome they are to get. I'm kinda leaning towards Elytron wings right now since that even thou Chroma is such a hassle to get I think I still would enjoy the quest. the Archwings intercept mission and the grind for Simulor however, just feel like way too much work for me (especially consider the Simulor isn't even as good as the Synoid version). any suggestions?

VariantX

got the 50% market discount and thinking about spending some plat. actually wanted to get a bunch of formas at half price but since the discount doesn't apply to multiple items in a purchase, I'll have to pick something else. what's a good thing to get out of the following list:

Elytron wings
a wing weapon
Simulor
Chorma frame

mostly the reason I consider these is because how troublesome they are to get. I'm kinda leaning towards Elytron wings right now since that even thou Chroma is such a hassle to get I think I still would enjoy the quest. the Archwings intercept mission and the grind for Simulor however, just feel like way too much work for me (especially consider the Simulor isn't even as good as the Synoid version). any suggestions?

Elytron or the archwing weapon. Archwing stuff is a bitch to get because of their oversaturated drop tables combined with the tedium of the missions because of how slow they are compared to on foot missions. Simaris has daily targets worth 10 k rep+ you get 12k rep for all four daily synthesis targets. Do stealth scans with Loki to hit your rep cap in about 30 mins or so. You'll have the rep within 2-3 days depending upon your MR for simulor. Chroma quest is actually fun.

On another note, I was kind of worried that Nezha might be a pain in the ass to get, but then I had a thought; go research the drop tables and rates for nezha parts for sorties. I did a little digging and It seems that they all have a relatively equal chance of dropping. Which means, the market will most likely value the parts equally which also means even if you get the same part, you'll very likely be able to trade it for another part. So, in other words, getting the same part twice is effectively the same as getting any of the remaining parts through trade.

Wowbagger

On another note, I was kind of worried that Nezha might be a pain in the ass to get, but then I had a thought; go research the drop tables and rates for nezha parts for sorties. I did a little digging and It seems that they all have a relatively equal chance of dropping. Which means, the market will most likely value the parts equally which also means even if you get the same part, you'll very likely be able to trade it for another part. So, in other words, getting the same part twice is effectively the same as getting any of the remaining parts through trade.

That's all well and good, but I've done all the sorties since the update and so far gotten nothing, zip, nada, zilch. :'(

Top Bottom