• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

AndyD

aka andydumi
Man, trying out an axe and it's slow as molasses.

Also considering building up a second frame to play around alongside Excal. Would Nyx with bows be an interesting combo?

Also considering building up a second frame to play around alongside Excal. Would Nyx with bows be an interesting combo?
Nyx is my favorite frame and Bows are my favorite weapon, so yeah, I'd say that's a good time :)

Bows provide you with stealth options so can be handy in Spy and Rescue and Capture (yeah, you can take out the target completely unaware) missions, but you can also run and gun with bows in Warframe, so they're generally useful once you get the rhythm down. Properly modded they are super penetrating beasts and boss killers and good for bowling in some Defense missions. Look to mod up their natural critical rate and damage, and slot in fire rate and reload speed mods as those will help speed up your draw and firing.

Nyx's mind control is too much fun. Use it on the heavies and watch them fight for you - and thankfully its been changed since the early days where your teammates would kill them as soon as you charmed them. It was revamped a few updates ago so your mind control target absorbs all friendly fire until the effect is over, at which point all that damage applies all at once. Perfection.

Nyx's chaos is always helpful to divide and conquer (and best of all it turns the corpus against their own drones, deactivating shield drone spaghetti in the process), and makes for perfect opportunities to rush in with melee for kicks. And of course her Absorb ultimate is the perfect "oh shit" button.

Yeah, good stuff on both counts there.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Officially no but I'd be surprised if there wasn't more things coming that will need it. Next frame, new weapons
Saryn Prime :p
etc At least with pc getting things first we'll know if and how much. I still do some if they're quick and easy so I have some if I need it.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Hm. Looks like I've got all the necessary parts to build Oberon (without even actually trying to get them). Is he worth a build? Not that I'm planning on switching away from Valkyr any time soon, but it'd be nice to have something else with a completely different playstyle (not to mention the obvious Mastery fodder).

Also I can't believe I got Valkyr to 30 in just over a day. Damn.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Nyx is my favorite frame and Bows are my favorite weapon, so yeah, I'd say that's a good time :)

Bows provide you with stealth options so can be handy in Spy and Rescue and Capture (yeah, you can take out the target completely unaware) missions, but you can also run and gun with bows in Warframe, so they're generally useful once you get the rhythm down. Properly modded they are super penetrating beasts and boss killers and good for bowling in some Defense missions. Look to mod up their natural critical rate and damage, and slot in fire rate and reload speed mods as those will help speed up your draw and firing.

Nyx's mind control is too much fun. Use it on the heavies and watch them fight for you - and thankfully its been changed since the early days where your teammates would kill them as soon as you charmed them. It was revamped a few updates ago so your mind control target absorbs all friendly fire until the effect is over, at which point all that damage applies all at once. Perfection.

Nyx's chaos is always helpful to divide and conquer (and best of all it turns the corpus against their own drones, deactivating shield drone spaghetti in the process), and makes for perfect opportunities to rush in with melee for kicks. And of course her Absorb ultimate is the perfect "oh shit" button.

Yeah, good stuff on both counts there.

That sounds very good. A bit less "in the melee" like Excalibur which should be quite nice. Thanks!

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp

You need Berserker on slow weapons ASAP.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Yea, or just go back to swords/daggers for the incredible speed.

I think Scindo Prime is still the best weapon melee right? High crit chance and status chance, fast attack speed made even faster with Berserker and Fury mods, and ridiculous high damage.

I don't think any other melee weapon comes close to Scindo Prime.

Even if the swords and daggers have higher attack speed, the Scindo Prime wrecks them in damage.

Shengar

Hm. Looks like I've got all the necessary parts to build Oberon (without even actually trying to get them). Is he worth a build? Not that I'm planning on switching away from Valkyr any time soon, but it'd be nice to have something else with a completely different playstyle (not to mention the obvious Mastery fodder).

Also I can't believe I got Valkyr to 30 in just over a day. Damn.

All frame is playable if you don't aim for endgame stuff like sorties or prolonged endless mission. Besides, changing your frame will refresh the game little bit plus the mastery rank you'll got.

bLaiSe

I think Scindo Prime is still the best weapon melee right? High crit chance and status chance, fast attack speed made even faster with Berserker and Fury mods, and ridiculous high damage.

I don't think any other melee weapon comes close to Scindo Prime.

Even if the swords and daggers have higher attack speed, the Scindo Prime wrecks them in damage.
War has higher damage and longer reach. The impact damage on it is not so good, though.
That said, it's not all about damage imo. For example I love using the DNikana with Tranquil Cleave for ~50k armor ignoring finisher damage (nikanas hit twice on frontal finisher attack) or the Mios for the insane range with Primed Reach or Jat Kittag with Crushing Ruin for pure fun.

My trinity warframe will be ready to level tonight. Wee!

I've been having so much fun with the HEK. Just took off my crit mods and added more damage.Such a fun weapon.

I've been having so much fun with the HEK. Just took off my crit mods and added more damage.Such a fun weapon.
The Vaykor Hek that you can get from Steel Meridian is fucking hilarious.

It sends each and every last enemy flying. So satisfying.

All frame is playable if you don't aim for endgame stuff like sorties or prolonged endless mission.
Yep. Damage alone never does it for me.

Some melee and melee stances flow better for crowd control, while others are focused on individual targets and most, but not all, have recovery times after completing a combo string. One of the reasons I love the Orthos Prime over many others is just how fast and free flowing you can be with it, even though its nothing special when it comes to crits or status chance.

My favorite qualifier for melee has got to be seeking out those high gib weapons to use with the Necros. The more parts you cut the enemies into the better yields you get from Desecrate. That's some murderous tasty logic there.

And for my new Ivara I have her equipped with the Cerata, the infested glaive. Its stealthy, ranged, and perfect for her after-touch power and takes me right back to those Dark Sector days. Love it.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
All frame is playable if you don't aim for endgame stuff like sorties or prolonged endless mission. Besides, changing your frame will refresh the game little bit plus the mastery rank you'll got.

I ended up going with Saryn since I was originally planning on getting her before I ended up going with Valkyr instead. Oberon's probably the next I'll go for, though.

Also, Orokin Reactors are a pain to get, aren't they? Would like to get one for Valkyr, but from what I gather that pretty much means waiting for an invasion/alert that has one as a reward. Gah.

Amon37

Also, Orokin Reactors are a pain to get, aren't they? Would like to get one for Valkyr, but from what I gather that pretty much means waiting for an invasion/alert that has one as a reward. Gah.

You do have to wait for alerts but soon you'll be drowning in them. For me it's catalysts that are the issue. I have 30 reactors with nothing to use them on but no catalysts. I have like 10 weapons I'd love to mess around with but need catalysts. I wish I could convert reactors.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I still have a soft spot for Saryn. One of the earlier frames I played for forever. She's a true assassin.

If you can get your hands on a Regenerative Molt augment she becomes unstoppable.

Yeah, I'm working my way through Steel Meridian now with the goal of getting Regenerative Molt. The sacrifices are gonna be an issue though. :lol Orokin Catalyst, Soma Prime barrel, and Rhino Prime helmet (funny enough, although it's the final one, it won't be an issue since I already have the BP for it).

You do have to wait for alerts but soon you'll be drowning in them. For me it's catalysts that are the issue. I have 30 reactors with nothing to use them on but no catalysts. I have like 10 weapons I'd love to mess around with but need catalysts. I wish I could convert reactors.

Yeah, I'm gonna need a Catalyst soon (see above), so that's gonna be fun. ;_;

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
I'm out of reactors. Had to sacrifice my last one for perrin sequence. Still got ~5-8 catalysts. It's the forma and re-leveling keeping me from playing around with/upgrading more weapons, or formaing frames like I should be doing.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Depends of the part and how rare. I'm not up on trade but I'd guess 10-25/30p for parts, and then double if they're vaulted stuff(Frost/ember).

VariantX

Next update goes into cert Friday. Also, according to one of the devs, they have hit the patch limit so the next update will be a large download in order to reset the limit for the smallish patches again.

Next update goes into cert Friday. Also, according to one of the devs, they have hit the patch limit so the next update will be a large download in order to reset the limit for the smallish patches again.
Oh shit.

They have put out some seriously big patches already. Any ballpark on what "large" will mean this time around?

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
14 fucking gigabytes lol

Is this like before where we had to download the whole game for some reason and then DE messed up and we had to download it again?

I dunno why there's limits on this shit anyways. Oh well hope it won't take too long. Better have a lot of content too. We're falling too far behind pc again.

AndyD

aka andydumi

Any news on what made it in vs. PC?

start playing again after a long long break. did some nice catch up since I had time the last few days. what happened to the GAF clan anyway?

things sure changed a lot and I need to go lvl the archwing stuff and find better mods for it. what's good way to get wing mods? just keep playing the wing missions? also, I made the Nikana and find out there's a Dragon Nikana. how do I get that? wikia says I can get the blueprint from market but I don't think I see it. is it one of those things where it's different between PC and console?

VariantX

Any news on what made it in vs. PC?

Pretty likely everything the PC will have including destreza and nezha. Obviously no tennogen because they haven't figured that stuff out since that's stuff sold for real money and not plat. Probably no holiday skins either. Also a fix for the frame rate drops in long missions is in this update.

14 fucking gigabytes lol

Is this like before where we had to download the whole game for some reason and then DE messed up and we had to download it again?

I dunno why there's limits on this shit anyways. Oh well hope it won't take too long. Better have a lot of content too. We're falling too far behind pc again.

No one screwed up this time. Its to do with Sony's policy on patching. Theres a limited number of times you can patch a game (about 20-25) from what I heard on stream today. They have to send out the full thing, again, but then the number of patches resets, so unless sony changes that, you can basically expect an large update every 20+ something patches.

start playing again after a long long break. did some nice catch up since I had time the last few days. what happened to the GAF clan anyway?

things sure changed a lot and I need to go lvl the archwing stuff and find better mods for it. what's good way to get wing mods? just keep playing the wing missions? also, I made the Nikana and find out there's a Dragon Nikana. how do I get that? wikia says I can get the blueprint from market but I don't think I see it. is it one of those things where it's different between PC and console?

You actually need the Nikana to get the Dragon Nikana, so I'd say ahead and level that to 30 for the mastery rank xp and then get the blueprint from the market. It's definitely there under melee blueprints.

Amon37

No one screwed up this time. Its to do with Sony's policy on patching. Theres a limited number of times you can patch a game (about 20-25) from what I heard on stream today. They have to send out the full thing, again, but then the number of patches resets, so unless sony changes that, you can basically expect an large update every 20+ something patches.

It wouldn't be so bad except that I have a 300 down connection and get abysmal download speeds. Even the network test on the ps4 I only get 50 down. It's rather pathetic.

You actually need the Nikana to get the Dragon Nikana, so I'd say ahead and level that to 30 for the mastery rank xp and then get the blueprint from the market. It's definitely there under melee blueprints.

ok, some how I missed the Dragon Nikana up on the upper right hand corner there for some reason... anyway, might build both later on.

btw, I'll have to leave a clan to join another clan right? how to do that? leaving the current clan I mean. I randomly accepted something in the inbox the other day and turns out it was some invite to a clan I barely know anyone from. I want to get back into the GAF clan again.

VariantX

hoping to see that invite soon for the gaf clan!

Tried to add you myself while I'm on but the game says you are currently in a clan.

On another subject, I just got a legendary core as a sortie reward. I'm thinking maybe I should try getting 5-600 plat for it in trade. Since I heard they're super valuable and can rank up any mod to max with zero credit cost, though they're a bit more common as they were only given out on dev streams and as compensation for system changes in the past.

Eyerox

Tried to add you myself while I'm on but the game says you are currently in a clan.

On another subject, I just got a legendary core as a sortie reward. I'm thinking maybe I should try getting 5-600 plat for it in trade. Since I heard they're super valuable and can rank up any mod to max with zero credit cost, though they're a bit more common as they were only given out on dev streams and as compensation for system changes in the past.

is it easy to confuse the legendary cores with uncommon cores by sight? Do they look similar?

Can I get a clan invite for a IRL friend. ---tad001-Marduk?

VariantX

is it easy to confuse the legendary cores with uncommon cores by sight? Do they look similar?

Can I get a clan invite for a IRL friend. ---tad001-Marduk?

nope. They have platinum trim like primed mods do. And they do not drop during missions, only as end of mission rewards.

I'll send the invite shortly.

Come on. You getting invite privileges and don't even know how the clan system works?

giphy.gif

I've accepted 1 invite and sent out 3. Some games don't require you to be without clan. now I know....

VariantX

Is this game still heavily focussed on pay to win?

Still? Never at any point could you pay to win. At best, you can buy a weapon or a frame, but the mods required to make you powerful have to either come from random drops, end of mission rewards, and trading with other players. There is no way to speed up that process except through highly optimized play (farming). The closest thing to a straight power boost are reactors/catalysts, and those are given away left and right after the dev streams or through frequent alerts and special events you can still buy those with plat, or you could just farm in the void for the while and sell some parts on trade for cheap and get 20p in the blink of an eye. I've literally amassed dozens of these through doing nothing more than playing the game.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Would anyone in the GAF clan happen to have a spare Rage mod? It's the last missing piece I need for my Valkyr and I can't seem to get one to drop, and I'm still a little hesitant to use the Trading channel (plus I'm really low on plat). I don't have too much of value but I've got a couple of the more common Prime BPs I could trade (Volt Prime, Odonata Prime Systems).

Is this game still heavily focussed on pay to win?
You can buy a lot of things in this game with real money, and you can gain an advantage from doing so. Accelerators, weapons, resources, support units, etc. Pay-to-Win is usually applied to competitive modes, but to the extent you can buy advantages against the AI, yeah, Warframe has that stuff.

As far as I know, the competitive modes are a completely separate branch from all of that though, with separate mods and frames in an effort to promote balance. So the answer there would be no.

And in case you're wondering, the only required purchases are for additional storage space for Warframes and weapons and support units, none of which need to be considered until you've played the game for a long while and want to expand your arsenal.

Top Bottom