• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer 40K Action-RPG announced (PC/PS4/XB1) - 2016

Rymuth

Inquisitor.jpg

Made by the same Devs behind The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing and King Arthur

ARTICLE

TEASER TRAILER

**GAMEPLAY DEMO**

NeocoreGames describes Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Martyr as a “persistent sandbox action-RPG” and explains that the single-player campaign will thrust players “into a grim and secret war among the stars as the agents of the ever-vigilant Inquisition.” NeocoreGames also promises that, after the campaign concludes, the story will continue “in a colossal sandbox game” that the developer claims will give players “years of constant entertainment, gradual development and a continuous flow of content that enriches the action-RPG gameplay.”

Call me Failbaddon if old

Pudge

Seems cool. There are probably way too many Warhammer games coming out right now, but this and the FPS seem like solid releases to look forward too.

D

Deleted member 309291

Unconfirmed Member
Do WH40K licenses come in cereal boxes or what? Hope this is a gem among all the shovelware.

UCBooties

Will keep an eye on this. I always thought that a full on loot rpg focused on the Inquisition might be a natural outgrowth of the Dawn of War 2 squad RPG games. The teaser doesn't look great but it also doesn't show any gameplay. I don't have much opinion on this developer based on their pedigree but I've heard good things about the Van Helsing games.

Hesemonni

Banned
Seems cool. There are probably way too many Warhammer games coming out right now, but this and the FPS seem like solid releases to look forward too.
But is there really ever enough Warhammer games? The world and the lore deserves to be explored and experienced by as many people as possible.

SparkTR

Wahammer licensed games current announced:

• BattleFleet Gothic
  • Space Hulk
  • Eternal Crusade
  • Xenos
  • Total War: Warhammer
  • Dawn of War 3 (rumored)
  • That Warhammer Fantasy online MP game

Somebody needs money.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Van Helsing was decent and I love 40k, I'm all over this.

Do WH40K licenses come in cereal boxes or what? Hope this is a gem among all the shovelware.

Out of everything, licensing has been one of their most successful ventures, so they literally are now licensing to everyone since they are struggling elsewhere. And licensing is essentially pure profit, sign some papers, boom, money

Binabik15

After years of super strict IP control they opened the flood gates to make up for their lacklustre miniature sales (why, though, everyone just LOVES their price increases...). It'S fucking weird, but the company is incompetently run, so whatever.

This game has a chance to be good is what I gather from you guys that know of the dev? And it features the =I=? Now it only needs to play in an underhive and have scavvies, gangers and redemptionists and I will buy it twice.

Edit: I want OTS action, though, not isometric stuff.

BigDes

To be honest though the Inquisition could do with a vtmb or deus ex style game rather than a Diablo clone.

Nice to have an Ordos game though

nico1982

• BattleFleet Gothic
  • Space Hulk
  • Eternal Crusade
  • Xenos

Somebody needs money.
And they can have mine.

On the point, I'd also like a third person ARPG with tactical elements featuring the Gray Knights, thanks.

Raptor

"persistent sandbox action-RPG"

ok now I only need to know is a third person and has lots of gore and Im in... so in!!

• BattleFleet Gothic
  • Space Hulk
  • Eternal Crusade
  • Xenos

Somebody needs money.

Blood Bowl sequel, and Mordheim is still not fully out yet. Vermintide, and Deathwatch

prudislav

Wasn't the third Van Helsing game released in a bad state?
yeap but they are redoing whole trilogy to one game which comes out in september :-D who knows how that will end up

as fo inquisitor i am kinda worried about the persistent sandbox part (fear of crippled campaign and content complete game years from release)

Fury451

Banned
I really like these devs, and this is a game I've wanted for a long time. This is good news indeed.

What is this Van Helsing game?

It's an action RPG like Diablo of sorts on PC.

There's 3 parts, where you play as Van Helsing accompanied by a ghost Lady Katrina in a steampunk type setting. The devs are going to be combining the three games into one game, and giving the update for free to those who own all three parts.

The 3rd game hasn't been as well received due to some truly odd design choices they made though.

Haunted

The inquisition is probably my least liked part of the whole Imperium mythos but fuck, whatever it takes to get more big budget 40k spectacles man.

Top Bottom