• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning GAF Guild

nataku

Vinci said:
I'd prefer Order for the same reason. This isn't the Alliance vs. Horde. Not all the toons on the Destruction side are monstrous looking, so the push towards Alliance shown in WoW might not exist.

Besides, being the underdog is more fun.

EDIT: Also, guys, I've been reading concerns about the Open servers. Seems a lot of people, even the die-hard RvR folks, are likely going Core for their mains due to potential issues with the chicken feature and how it will impact an Open realm.

Hmm. Well, I can see the problem with it I guess. On an open server your a pretty much limited to your tier (or higher) if you don't want to turn into a chicken. Once you reach max level, if you want to go explore lower tiers to see areas you might have missed, you'll have to do it as a chicken if I'm reading the rules right.

I don't really see why die hard RvR people would go Core though. They'll still turn into a chicken if they flag themselves for RvR, or enter a RvR area.

What problems are you reading about that would make people flock to core servers?

Vinci

Danish
nataku said:
Hmm. Well, I can see the problem with it I guess. On an open server your a pretty much limited to your tier (or higher) if you don't want to turn into a chicken. Once you reach max level, if you want to go explore lower tiers to see areas you might have missed, you'll have to do it as a chicken if I'm reading the rules right.

I don't really see why die hard RvR people would go Core though. They'll still turn into a chicken if they flag themselves for RvR, or enter a RvR area.

What problems are you reading about that would make people flock to core servers?

The RvR areas in Open servers are considerably larger than in Core servers, meaning you're unable to pass into PvE areas for tome unlocks that you missed in the tier previously, to meet up with low level members of your guild, etc. without turning into a chicken. Personally I don't mind the chicken feature as long as it cuts down on griefers, but to make people incapable of returning to those earlier tiers at all seems ridiculous.

People have pointed out that if you begin building a gathering skill in the later tiers, you won't be able to scavenge or butcher anything as it will require a level higher than your trade skill's. And since you can't easily go back to lower tiers to find proper mobs to build it up, it makes it essentially untrainable.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Vinci said:
The RvR areas in Open servers are considerably larger than in Core servers, meaning you're unable to pass into PvE areas for tome unlocks that you missed in the tier previously, to meet up with low level members of your guild, etc. without turning into a chicken. Personally I don't mind the chicken feature as long as it cuts down on griefers, but to make people incapable of returning to those earlier tiers at all seems ridiculous.

People have pointed out that if you begin building a gathering skill in the later tiers, you won't be able to scavenge or butcher anything as it will require a level higher than your trade skill's. And since you can't easily go back to lower tiers to find proper mobs to build it up, it makes it essentially untrainable.

Is this confirmed? I don't know, the game seems broken if this is true.

Vinci

Danish
godhandiscen said:
Is this confirmed? I don't know, the game seems broken if this is true.

It was built for Core servers, but later added Open ones to appease some of its fanbase. This wasn't confirmed, in that nothing from the behind-the-scenes testing is confirmed - but it was stated, then removed, from another site. However, Mythic isn't stupid. If it's screwed up and I'm sure they've heard about it, they'll fix it. They're a reputable team.

Blackface

Banned
Vinci said:

You can go into any tier you want in Open RVR. You just can't attack anyone.

The only difference between Open and Core is that if you can get into the opposing factions comparable level PVE zone, you can gank.

I thought you were able to buy armor with rvr renown, but I don't see anything yet. Granted, I'm only level 9, but the only person I could find that give you anything for renown is the renown skills guy. Am I missing something?

Jube3

Azwethinkweiz said:
I thought you were able to buy armor with rvr renown, but I don't see anything yet. Granted, I'm only level 9, but the only person I could find that give you anything for renown is the renown skills guy. Am I missing something?

Yea you buy it in the keeps I think. Friends of mine say they bought it off a wagon or something but I dont have specifics sorry. Only that it was a troop to get there.

Azwethinkweiz said:

You can buy RvR armor as early as rank 2. Just hit up your warcamp where there will be an armor and weapon vendor.

LowParry

Azwethinkweiz said:

Rank 2
Renown 2 --- Warcamp

Rank 4
Renown 4 --- Warcamp

Rank 10
Renown 6 --- Teir 2 Keep

Vinci said:
I'd prefer Order for the same reason. This isn't the Alliance vs. Horde. Not all the toons on the Destruction side are monstrous looking, so the push towards Alliance shown in WoW might not exist.

Besides, being the underdog is more fun.

EDIT: Also, guys, I've been reading concerns about the Open servers. Seems a lot of people, even the die-hard RvR folks, are likely going Core for their mains due to potential issues with the chicken feature and how it will impact an Open realm.

On my server, granted it's just a preview weekend server, it seems about even, with order maybe even having a higher pop.

Vinci

Danish
Lots of bugs showing up following the 3.3 patch and with the new preview weekend folks. A stress test was a good idea. Still fun as hell though.

verio

I have to say... I loved playing my Witch Hunter over the Preview Weekend. I don't know if the 'dark side' can lure me away... :D

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Well, my pre-order with GAME is all set, my open beta key is in my inbox and I'm ready for the weekend :)

Anyway, as for my Career: I will be starting as a Destro, Chaos/Chosen, they just look too cool not to have a go and I played as a tank in WoW so want to have another bite at that cherry.

traveler

Not Wario
Just got a beta key. I assume all the GAFfers in will be meeting up and forming the guild ingame sometime tomorrow?

AeroGod

We are forming up on The Chrace server, I think for both factions so we can have some friendly competition lol. Once you get your guys made post your name here.

Dwarf Ironbreaker named Konstantin here. Friend me we can get together tonight maybe if we get enough people on we can form the guild

nataku

Vaelyris - Witch Hunter - Chrace

Veplerion - Ironbreaker - Chrace

I might switch Veplerion to a different class and race besides Ironbreaker, I'm not sure yet.

Vinci

Danish
Azwethinkweiz said:
Man, Chrace is completely Order dominated. Destruction plain out suck on this server.

Then it must be the only server that is. Every server I've tried - and I've tried several - are Destruction heavy to a noticeable degree in open RvR. As in, 2 to 1 levels depending on the zone.

AeroGod

MEGA EDIT!:D Although i would make a new thread with a slick looking OP and have this one locks.

I have to work tonight and wont be on untill about 11pm EST : /. If you guys are still on then and didnt get 6 people together to make the guild, dont forget i have 2 beta accounts so I can fill 2 holes...err : /

Also, the name of the GAF guild HAS to be "Guild of the Forever" Its too awesome for it not to be the name:D

Azzurri

AeroGod said:
MEGA EDIT!:D Although i would make a new thread with a slick looking OP and have this one locks.

I have to work tonight and wont be on untill about 11pm EST : /. If you guys are still on then and didnt get 6 people together to make the guild, dont forget i have 2 beta accounts so I can fill 2 holes...err : /

Also, the name of the GAF guild HAS to be "Guild of the Forever" Its too awesome for it not to be the name:D

We have to wait till Sunday at 7am for the retail servers actually hit. I don't think anything will carry over; I could be wrong though.

AeroGod said:

So wait were forced to be Order to be in the GAF guild?

Boo. Guess I won't be playing with GAF.

Also that guild name is horrible...

TurtleSnatcher said:
So wait were forced to be Order to be in the GAF guild?

Boo. Guess I won't be playing with GAF.

Also that guild name is horrible...

no he said chrace will most likely home for the GAF guild for Order. Destro players can make one on another server, or as I'd prefer, make it on the same one. We havent fully decided on the server yet. I guess we're waiting for the Head Start to begin.

Just signing into this thread and the guild. There's talk of Sylvania being the guild server in the gaming thread. . . but I suppose there's still a few days till we really get it decided, settled, & created.

Arpeggio

Banned
The official U.S. GAF Destruction guild will be on SKULL THRONE. Order is invited to join SKULL THRONE as well, so that we can have huge GAF RvR battles!

Top Bottom