• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning GAF Guild

Played for about an hour, first impressions have been pretty negative. Can't go into it obviously but there are bugs galore, even at character creation.

More distrubing is the ridiculous population imbalance in favour of destruction.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
TheHeretic said:
More distrubing is the ridiculous population imbalance in favour of destruction.
Yeah there was a small PQ between Dwarves and Greenskins at the end of Tier 1 I think.. and there were 3 of us verse at least 15 Greenskins. It was disgustingly pathetic.

TheHeretic said:
Played for about an hour, first impressions have been pretty negative. Can't go into it obviously but there are bugs galore, even at character creation.

whats even better is the people who say "omg everyone who does not post on a forum is going to roll order" or "LOL ALLIANCE HAS MOAR LOK AT THEM" as an excuse to fuck up the population even more and join the zerg

i mean, destruction is cooler in near every way, but either you will get bored of 20v1'ing people down or order will get tired of being 20v1'd down and quit - this is not destruction online, we need both sides for everyone to have fun..

sigh @ all the shitty aoe recruiting zerg guilds who just keep on with the destruction bs, have not seen any zerg guilds on order yet, a few guilds sucking it up and switching over would help but i guess that won't happen till the above does

Fulleffect said:
whats even better is the people who say "omg everyone who does not post on a forum is going to roll order" or "LOL ALLIANCE HAS MOAR LOK AT THEM" as an excuse to fuck up the population even more and join the zerg

i mean, destruction is cooler in near every way, but either you will get bored of 20v1'ing people down or order will get tired of being 20v1'd down and quit - this is not destruction online, we need both sides for everyone to have fun..

sigh @ all the shitty aoe recruiting zerg guilds who just keep on with the destruction bs, have not seen any zerg guilds on order yet, a few guilds sucking it up and switching over would help but i guess that won't happen till the above does

It doesn't help that the order classes sound so much worse. Shadow Warrior, Warrior Priest, Bright Wizard? Seriously? The destruction classes sound awesome: Chosen, Disciple of Khain, Zealot, Marauder, Black Orc.

I'm playing a Witch Hunter and alongside the White Lion its about the only "I can't figure out what this class does on name alone". On the aussie server the ratio is somewhere between 2:1 and 3:1 in favour of destruction.

Knox

Hopefully the population won't be a problem when the game goes live. They've said that there are going to be mechanics in place to help out a side if it's consistently on the losing end, but I don't think they've explained it yet. I do think there's an argument for Order being more attractive towards "casuals" that aren't following the game yet. I'm not going into it because it's full of assumptions, so I'll just say that all ten Order classes are playable by female avatars, while only five Destruction classes are.

kozmo7

Truly deserves to shoot laserbeams from his eyes
Completely off-topic but do we have an Official Warhammer Forum yet? I did a light search and wasn't able to find anything.

kozmo7

Yeah, I've been browsing around there myself.

Which reminds me, are they tracking IPs for the Closed Beta? I want to play on my laptop at my buddy's house but it won't be under the same IP at all.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Atrophis said:
Complaining about the player distribution in a closed beta seems pretty stupid if you ask me...
Going by WoW beta, it's obviously a silly thing to go by.. but I dunno. I have a feeling that Warhammer won't be accepted onto the masses like WoW does, hence the population stability problems will be a bit different.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Well fuck yeah people! Finally installing this just checking for patches! What server should I go into!? Going order BTW.

JoeMartin

Atrophis said:
Complaining about the player distribution in a closed beta seems pretty stupid if you ask me...

Not at all. Anyone familiar with MMOs can see it coming a mile away.

Destruction just has far more aesthetic appeal both in name and appearance for your average MMO player. Possibly the only thing going for order in the way of mass appeal will be the witch hunter.

JoeMartin said:
Not at all. Anyone familiar with MMOs can see it coming a mile away.

Destruction just has far more aesthetic appeal both in name and appearance for your average MMO player. Possibly the only thing going for order in the way of mass appeal will be the witch hunter.

Or White Lion....Or Engineer... I mean they have some really cool classes, its just when it comes to Mass Appeal, or "WoW Player Appeal" They need to be shiny and such from the get-go.

nataku

I emailed GS customer service about not getting my CE codes, and after a few email exchanges I came home from work to see the three codes sitting in my inbox. Pretty surprising that they actually came through for me.

Haha I never preordered it. A buddy of mine who works at a GS called me from work one day, telling me that there is a bug in the website and if you pay with a credit card that is no longer usable, you can still check out, be emailed your codes, then get another email saying the order couldn't go through, but the codes would still be good. So I did it, and viola.

kozmo7

kozmo7 said:
Yeah, I've been browsing around there myself.

Which reminds me, are they tracking IPs for the Closed Beta? I want to play on my laptop at my buddy's house but it won't be under the same IP at all.

Anyone? Bueller..? Bueller...?

ben-stein1.jpg

StormyTheRabbit said:
Or White Lion....Or Engineer... I mean they have some really cool classes, its just when it comes to Mass Appeal, or "WoW Player Appeal" They need to be shiny and such from the get-go.

I tired Engineer crafting in WoW and it sucked ass. I know Engineer is a 'class' in WAR but I'm still hesitant, especially when there's sweet Destruction Classes to choose from. =/

Vinci

Danish
JoeMartin said:
Possibly the only thing going for order in the way of mass appeal will be the witch hunter.

And the Shadow Warrior. Name aside, yeah ... um ... The Witch Hunter though is ... mmm-hmm-mff.

FUCKING NDA

kozmo7

They're having a serious breach in NDA today by the way.. I think the people in the CB that can't access the forums are getting restless due to the OB sign-ups :lol

Vinci

Danish
kozmo7 said:
They're having a serious breach in NDA today by the way.. I think the people in the CB that can't access the forums are getting restless due to the OB sign-ups :lol

People should chill and keep their mouths shut. Wait for the NDA to drop and then go all chitty-chatty.

On the other hand:

Vinci said:
FUCKING NDA

EDIT: On the comment of the beta forums - I still don't know how to access them. Not that I've spent considerable time trying to figure it out (I don't have the time and when I do I'm playing the game), but whatever you do isn't as obvious as it should be or something's botched on their end.

EDIT #2: Of course I could simply be a total dumbass.

Are all CE preorder folks supposed to be in beta at this point? My bro has had a preordered CE with beta code forever, but when he went to put it on his Mythic Account Center today it got rejected.

Vinci

Danish
Outdoor Miner said:
Are all CE preorder folks supposed to be in beta at this point? My bro has had a preordered CE with beta code forever, but when he went to put it on his Mythic Account Center today it got rejected.

I think that's just for the Open Beta, not the Closed. The Closed? I don't know how they determine who gets in and who doesn't.

kozmo7

Outdoor Miner said:

This is happening around I've seen. A friend of mine's Brother hasn't gotten in either. I suspect they'll be fixing this in the coming week if not toady. (At least I hope so for those poor souls :()

Vinci said:
I think that's just for the Open Beta, not the Closed. The Closed? I don't know how they determine who gets in and who doesn't.

The plan was for all CEs to get into the closed by now but they were having issues with CEs not getting in. Preview weekend is next weekend and Open Beta I assume is the following week. Right now it's still all Closed Beta w/ CE folks.

Vinci

Danish
kozmo7 said:
The plan was for all CEs to get into the closed by now but they were having issues with CEs not getting in. Preview weekend is next weekend and Open Beta I assume is the following week. Right now it's still all Closed Beta w/ CE folks.

But I'm in the beta. Have been for days. And I don't have CE. (Wish I did.)

kozmo7

Vinci said:
But I'm in the beta. Have been for days. And I don't have CE. (Wish I did.)

Just for charities sake: you've pre-ordered the normal edition right? Some, not many, have gotten in the Closed Beta going on right now with the Normal edition for some reason. This adds more confusion to this.

Either you got a CE code by accident or it's something on their end, I am not sure yet.

Vinci

Danish
kozmo7 said:
Just for charities sake: you've pre-ordered the normal edition right? Some, not many, have gotten in the Closed Beta going on right now with the Normal edition for some reason. This adds more confusion to this.

Normal Edition, right. I put on my application lots of previous MMO experience, not to mention Beta history, so perhaps that swayed things my way? Hmm.

Either you got a CE code by accident or it's something on their end, I am not sure yet.

IT'S MINE

I honestly don't know. Interesting however it happened.

Wow, this imbalance is getting out of hand. Let's try to get an Order effort going on the Tyrion server tonight, I'll be on my witch hunter Shadwell (any awesome individual get the reference? eh? eh?) I think the GAF effort is going to need to be much more informal than I'd previously believed, but that's cool. Let's just get in there and balance this stuff out. TYRION ORDER tonight be there or be square message SHADWELL for good time happy party

Vinci

Danish
theinfinityissue said:
Wow, this imbalance is getting out of hand. Let's try to get an Order effort going on the Tyrion server tonight, I'll be on my witch hunter Shadwell (any awesome individual get the reference? eh? eh?) I think the GAF effort is going to need to be much more informal than I'd previously believed, but that's cool. Let's just get in there and balance this stuff out. TYRION ORDER tonight be there or be square message SHADWELL for good time happy party

Tyrion. Order. Tonight.

I don't think I can. =( It's likely I won't be able to touch the game the entire weekend. Tons of crap going on.

If I can, however, I will.

As for Shadwell: I knew a guy who lived in Shadwell. Beyond that? Nada.

FatalT

Banned
I just pre-ordered this and put in all my codes at the Mythic Account center. I CAN'T WAIT FOR OPEN BETA TO START!

Vinci

Danish
Okay, I was actually able to play last night. Made a Bright Wizard on Tyrion named Pym. I tried to message your toon, infinity, but you weren't on at the time; I was playing late.

If anyone wants to play on Tyrion with me, just message Pym, or if I'm not on, send me a mail (in-game) or something so I'll at least know what your characters' names are.

EDIT: Btw, infinity, you were right about Tyrion. At least when I was on Destruction easily outnumbered Order.

I'm fine with whatever side and server you choose, though I have a clear preference for Destruction and on an RP server (stupid names bug me :D).

They axed (pun intended) the Orc Choppa from the game, so I'm kind of undecided on what to play for Destruction. If we go Order, I've settled on Warrior Priest.

Just dinged 8 on my Witch Hunter. So far, along with the witch hunter, I've played the Chosen to 10. Both incredibly fun to play and give difference experiences. So when the full game is released, no matter what Faction GAF decides to roll, I know the class I'm playing.

Vinci

Danish
StormyTheRabbit said:
Just dinged 8 on my Witch Hunter. So far, along with the witch hunter, I've played the Chosen to 10. Both incredibly fun to play and give difference experiences. So when the full game is released, no matter what Faction GAF decides to roll, I know the class I'm playing.

Shadow Warrior and Bright Wizard. I'm remaking these exact same characters when the game starts. Probably gonna try an Engineer at the very least whilst the Beta is going on.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Ok, I am pretty hooked. I have not been able to play much because I keep hanging with friends, but I really enjoy the game.

Server: Tyrion
Name: Cenjay
Class: Chosen of Chaos

Add me guys.

Fucking love the ToK

verio

Server: Tyrion
Name: Vordul
Class: Witch Hunter

The day I have plenty of time to play, and the servers are down. :-(

Wish I could discuss some things about the game, because I'm really enjoying it so far.

Vinci

Danish
verio said:
The day I have plenty of time to play, and the servers are down. :-(

Beta Center says they'll be back up soon. ~40 minutes from now.

Mostly playing with Pym, my bright wizard. And now he's a butcher too. ;)

EDIT: Does the Live Game Head Start code not work at this point? Figured I'd put it in while I'm waiting.

Vinci said:
Beta Center says they'll be back up soon. ~40 minutes from now.

Mostly playing with Pym, my bright wizard. And now he's a butcher too. ;)

EDIT: Does the Live Game Head Start code not work at this point? Figured I'd put it in while I'm waiting.

You can put it in, just won't do anything until it starts I believe.

So does anyone know what to do with professions? I just picked up butchering and Apothecary, leveled my butchering to 21, then couldn't figure out how to open the apothecary menu so I just sold my mats.

Vinci

Danish
StormyTheRabbit said:
You can put it in, just won't do anything until it starts I believe.

That's the thing. It won't let me put either Live Game or In-Game Bonus Items in. Didn't do it before, 'cause I figured, "What's the point now?" but it's a bit surprising that it won't work now.

So does anyone know what to do with professions? I just picked up butchering and Apothecary, leveled my butchering to 21, then couldn't figure out how to open the apothecary menu so I just sold my mats.

I've just been butchering and selling. Making money, buying stuff. Not messing with crafting or whatnot seriously till later.

Top Bottom