• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer Online - Minimum System Requirements

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Just found these at the Warhammer Herald in their site.

http://herald.warhammeronline.com/warherald/NewsArticle.war?id=168

Hopefully minimum system requirements means actually playable at that level.
Good thing I have a rig that can run it at mid to high settings. :D

The wait is over!

We're pleased to announce the current minimum system requirements to run WAR at launch.

We will continue to optimize WAR as we move closer to launch and even beyond but these will provide you with a very accurate idea of what is needed in order to play the game.

So without further adieu the minimum specs for Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning:

PC SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

For Windows XP

· 2.5 GHz P4 (single core) processor or equivalent
· 1 Gigabyte RAM
· A 128 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 2.0
· At least 15 GB of hard drive space

For Windows VISTA

· 2.5 GHz P4 processor or equivalent
· 2 Gigabyte RAM
· A 128 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 2.0
· At least 15 GB of hard drive space

Supported Video Cards

ATI Radeon(TM) series

· 9500, 9600, 9800
· X300, X600, X700, X800, X850
· X1300, X1600, X1800, X1900, X1950
· 2400, 2600, 2900,
· 3650, 3850, 3870
· 4850, 4870

NVIDIA GeForce series

· FX 5900, FX 5950
· 6600, 6800,
· 7600, 7800, 7900, 7950
· 8400, 8500, 8600, 8800
· 9400, 9500, 9600, 9800
· GTX 260, GTX 280

Intel(R) Extreme Graphics

· GMA X4500

Laptop versions of these chipsets may work, but may run comparatively slowly. Standalone cards that are installed in vanilla PCI slots (not PCIe or PCIx or AGP), such as some GeForce FX variants, will perform poorly. Integrated chipsets such as the ATI Xpress and the NVIDIA TurboCache variants will have low settings selected, but should run satisfactorily.

Please note that attempting to play the game using video hardware that isn’t listed above may result in reduced performance, graphical issues or cause the game to not run at all.

The NVIDIA GeForce FX series is unsupported under Vista.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Hopefully my 3870x2 maxes out this game. ARGHHHHHHH!1!!!!!111!!!!!

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
sykoex said:
I know nothing about this stuff, how do the requirements compare to WoW?

For minimum it seems high a bit high but hopefully this minimum actually means that you can play the game not like Age of Conan's minimum.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Gbeav said:
I don't think you want to be playing the game on those min req's.

Yes I would say the same, but like I have said before hopefully these minimum specs for the game actually means that you can play it decently.

Gbeav

Banned
Elbrain said:
Yes I would say the same, but like I have said before hopefully these minimum specs for the game actually means that you can play it decently.

It should, until you RvR.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
venne said:
The beta sucked for me with a single core processor (2 gigs of ram and 9600GT).

I am sure you are not supposed to talk about that if you were in the beta till the NDA lifted man. So either you telling the truth or you lying.

Grayman

wow a game that would run on my FX hasn't been released in awhile(anything from a console is SM3.0). It will probably not meet my standards of running but the effort is appreciated. 15gb of storage space though...

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I am installing a 680GB HDD on my PC today. My old drive was 250Gb and it got full fast. Hopefully this one holds me for a while. 15GB is a lot tbh, but thats nothing to motherfucking Conan and its 30GB.

Top Bottom