• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer Online, The Official Thread of Destruction vs Order

Don't forget to "/channeljoin neogaf" to connect with other Gaming-Age peeps.

Going to try and keep track of Averheim's GAF roster. No guild yet, so this is our only reference for now...

In-game names bolded

AVERHEIM (Order) GAF'ers said:
Outdoor Miner - Mordas - Ironbreaker
verio - Vordul - Witch Hunter
Hammer - Bupu - Ironbreaker
Zanboo - Arravik - Archmage
godhandiscen - Dajo - Witch Hunter
krypt0nian - Taelus - Shadow Warrior
AeroGod - Seamus - Ironbreaker
Fragamemnon - Hoirip - Ironbreaker
nataku - Veplerion - Warrior Priest, Vaelyris - Witch Hunter
LaneDS - Connery - Witch Hunter
Azzurri - Giacomo - Engineer
JoeMartin - Novo - Bright Wizard

PM or post here to be added.

Hopefully most of us are on tonight and we can get the guild up and running.

(OP more than welcome to steal for OP)

Thanks for doing that, I was just going to. I'll put the roster along with the server choice(s) in the OP, especially since it's basically become the guild thread. Looking forward to playing with yall.

Orin GA said:
God damz it. It is Skrullthrone or Robot Averheim

Robot Averheim?

nataku

Created two characters on Averheim, Veplerion - a Warrior Priest and Vaelyris - a Witch Hunter.

The names will be the same, but I may switch either Vep or Vael to a different class and race. I'm not too sure yet.

LaneDS

Although most of my time will go towards some unnamed Destruction server down the line, I'm currently on Averheim as a Witch Hunter named Connery. Looking forward to crossing paths with some GAFers.

Arpeggio

Banned
Denali said:
Goon Squad (aka Something Awful) is going to be making Skull Throne Destruction their home...so I assume he could be from way ova' yonder.

Actually, Goon Squad Order is going Skull Throne. I know because I just fought two of them in RvR. So, if you want to take on Goon Squad Order, roll Destruction on Skull Throne! :D

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Bet it has been mentioned, but wtf at the character creation bug. Why are the face polygons transparent all of a sudden? Also, I tried to edit my GUI (chat window) and ran into a bug.

nataku

I'm not sure if it's because I set the GPU texture cache option to largest or what, but I've noticed textures in the distance are no longer the blurry mess they once were and they don't just pop into a more detailed texture as you get closer to them.

Denali said:
Goon Squad (aka Something Awful) is going to be making Skull Throne Destruction their home...so I assume he could be from way ova' yonder.

On another note, some friends and I will be rolling Skull Throne Order, we've all (well, a good majority of us) been playing together for about 4-5 years now. You can send me a PM if you're interested. If anything else, I'm sure we can ally with the GAF guild - assuming there is one.

Contrary to what they have been posting on various forums the Goons are rolled on Sylvania(spelling?) atm.

Denali

Mr. Bunnies said:
Contrary to what they have been posting on various forums the Goons are rolled on Sylvania(spelling?) atm.
Well it seems they do have the Goon Squad guild already running on Skull Throne Order, perhaps they chose Sylvania as their Destro server.

Won

I tried the Magus class a bit more today and I just can't get behind it. The aoe dots are poor and you have to get way to close to set them on the enemies. Maybe the other "turrets" help a bit more, but every other class is more useful than the Magus it seems. :(
I will put a few more levels into him, but it doesn't look like he will be fun. Too bad, I like his look.

JoeMartin

Won said:
I tried the Magus class a bit more today and I just can't get behind it. The aoe dots are poor and you have to get way to close to set them on the enemies. Maybe the other "turrets" help a bit more, but every other class is more useful than the Magus it seems. :(
I will put a few more levels into him, but it doesn't look like he will be fun. Too bad, I like his look.

I got thrown in several rounds with a good Magus yesterday, and damn he was keeping up with me.

He even beat me out for damage some games =P

Won

JoeMartin said:
I got thrown in several rounds with a good Magus yesterday, and damn he was keeping up with me.

He even beat me out for damage some games =P

Well throwing a level 10 character against an army of upscaled < level 3 enemies, always results in insane scoreboards. :p
I will play a few more levels, but probably will stick with the Sorceress as my range caster class.

For us Averheim folks, seems Order rule Gates of Ekrund, and are equally bad at Nordenwatch. I haven't won in Nord or lost in Gates. Weird, eh?

Need some of you to log in right now so we can get the GAF guild started. Hit up Aerogod (Seamus in game) to start it up.

Outdoor Miner said:
For us Averheim folks, seems Order rule Gates of Ekrund, and are equally bad at Nordenwatch. I haven't won in Nord or lost in Gates. Weird, eh?

Not really, ib/rp dominate so much only low level greenskins bother to queue for Gates. It's probably the same thing all over.

vesp

I'll be on Dark Crag (Open RvR) Order running a small gank guild called <Obnoxious>, feel free to say hi if anyone ends up there.

kozmo7

Truly deserves to shoot laserbeams from his eyes
Fyi, some friends and I are Destruction on Vortex - US

I really didn't want to be on Skull Throne. :lol Shoot me a GAF PM if any of you are on the server.

I stuck to Skull Throne and found a nice little guild for now.

I know of 1 other GAF'er who is on it as well.

Did some RvR and enjoyed it. My SH is now Rank 9

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I pre-ordered the standard edition early August and paid it all off in one go. EB said they'd get back to me about the little promo card to play headstart but thus far no go. Should I bother heading down there tomorrow and asking them where it is?

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
GOA has started to redeem themselves with this day before US headstart :D

Can't believe it, spent like 15-20 hours playing OB and not a single set of shoulders dropped for me, and then second mob I kill drops a nice set of blue shoulders =D

http://ikuu.net/images/screens/warhammer/z_liaya_5_01.jpg

Love how you can attack the trophies to your armor, and even more them around, really nice touch.

Atrophis

Rank 11, RR 10, and loving it so far.

Got a trio ingame of me on BW, my housemate on RP and my other mate on IB. The three of us can completely win a scenario by ourselves pretty much. Staying at 100 combustion is fun :D

Haeleos

speedpop said:
I pre-ordered the standard edition early August and paid it all off in one go. EB said they'd get back to me about the little promo card to play headstart but thus far no go. Should I bother heading down there tomorrow and asking them where it is?

Call.

AeroGod

Got the GAF Order Guild up and running on Averheim last night woot. Looks like we might have about 5-7 gaffers and a few other randoms we met ingame when its all said and done so far. Anyone else joining the fray soon is encouraged to roll on Averheim and shoot a tell to any of us for an invite. Looks like it might be a fun server, Mongbat plays Order here :D

AeroGod said:
Got the GAF Order Guild up and running on Averheim last night woot. Looks like we might have about 5-7 gaffers and a few other randoms we met ingame when its all said and done so far. Anyone else joining the fray soon is encouraged to roll on Averheim and shoot a tell to any of us for an invite. Looks like it might be a fun server, Mongbat plays Order here :D

What's the guild name?

Azzurri

AeroGod said:

I'll hit you guys up tonight some time. I was busy last night. Also who is Monbat, I saw them yesterday. Also another guild plays here who is part of the MMO blogsphere; casualties of war.

TheExodu5

Banned
Is there a reported trial for this game? I'm a WoW player, but I'd like to try it out to see if this would tickle my fancy a bit more (since I'm a big PvP whore). Don't really want to blindly shed $50 on a game I might not continue with though.

Jbird34

AeroGod said:

As soon as the SE head start begins I will be there! I will check you guys out as soon as I get on in the morning.

phinious said:
What time is the SE early start at tomorow?
I would also like to know this if anyone has an answer. I'm currently at work so I can't really check to see if anything official has been said about this yet. I was hoping that it would be right at midnight tonight since the servers are already up, or maybe it will end up being 1:00 pm EDT like it was for the CE headstart. If anyone could answer this for me I would really appreciate it (talking about US SE headstart just to make sure that we are on the same page). Thanks.

Won

OMG QUEUES!

zxsv6.jpg

D:

JoeMartin said:
Can anyone confirm if the D2D head start codes will work for today?
I think that was just EU.

I think me and another GAFer joined "Legions of Chaos" on Skull Throne if anyone was interested for Destruction.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Right now they're limiting each server to 1/3 of population cap to make sure people spread somewhat evenly across the servers instead of overloading a handful of favorites.

That is why you see some nasty queues.

Woo-Fu said:
Right now they're limiting each server to 1/3 of population cap to make sure people spread somewhat evenly across the server instead of overloading a handful of favorites.

That is why you see some nasty queues.
Still?

I thought they raised them last night when they started to get too full.. Because I ran into no queues yesterday late afternoon/evening..

Early afternoon I was hitting queues.

Squig Herder is so bad until Lvl 7.. I'm so glad I'm done w/ that whole 1-6 crap of not being good.. :lol

The server caps are in place until the standard edition head start, where they'll raise them to 2/3, then the full launch where they go full capacity.

Top Bottom