• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Steroyd

Now that I think about we was doing CTF on a map I'm...weak at so it was uncanny timing nevertheless.

Raist did someone try to teamkill you?

First a guy was chasing me down on a Warhawk and on the next map he was on foot tailing me... tosser.

I swear those jeeps were fast and everyone was cuddled in our base it was madness. :lol

Raist

Banned
Yeah there was a TKer at some point. He bugged me with his pistol so I killed him with a grenade.

That was a pretty bad CTF. Got the flag several times but no one was coming to cover me :/

spwolf

dralla said:
why won't it be an issue when the clan list is fixed? there's still no messaging, no party system, no pre-game lobby. the server list will continue to suck untill they completely revamp the whole thing.

because you simply check on your buddy/clan list and one click join the game? how hard is that?

in fact, i just did that right now...

dralla

I want to play with my friends, not against them. I want to jump around to multiple maps/modes with my friends still with me. I don't want to cycle through a cumbersome menu to have to check the status of friends without being able to message them.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
cilonen said:
Then get the tea-boy or cleaning staff to put out a posting, it's not rocket science to put out an acknowledgement.
They have put out an acknowledgment.

These people don't have a marketing department?
That'll only double the amount of time it takes to get a communication out.

I brought my PS3 to work for some Warhawk, but... The PS3 is set to output through HDMI and my set here only takes component. When I turn on the PS3 I just get a black screen. I've tried holding the PS button for 5 seconds or whatever when turning on the system, but that doesn't seem to work. Anyone know what to do?

Madman

Personally, despite the flaws, I'm glad the game was even released. Had this game run into similar problems on the PS2, it would have been scrapped and never seen the light of day. I'm glad Sony released it, even with the non existant marketing.

Raist

Banned
Cerebral Palsy said:
Not working =/

Don't think it beeped multiple times. I'll try again

Well it should. Don't remember if iy's 3 or 5 times tho. Just hold it until it does.

edit : 2 spots left on the serv guys

icechai

ugh Sea Manky nice dogfighting, too bad my team was so noob i'd always be triple teamed >< still got first on my team suckkk

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
nickslicl said:
turn it off in the back. or try holding the front button down & turn it off in the back.

How about pushing the left foot into the right ear while you are at it?

Do what Raist said.

Raist

Banned
TTP said:
How about pushing the left foot into the right ear while you are at it?

:lol

A quick notice for people who are actually on my serv (if you happen to read this thread :p)

Rotation is currently on 4/7. I'll take the server down after the last map (the DM dogfight)

Serv is full atm, if people want to join just request a random dude kick :)

Mmmkay

Well... Aside from the teams being hilariously unbalanced, there was some serious grade A bullshit going on in that last game. For whatever reason when I came round the back of the middle base in Zones two grenades and two fucking rockets weren't enough to take out one measly guy. >:|

Still, despite the hopeless potential for victory, it was a lot of fun.

Speevy

Banned
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Um, I'm back.

Anyway, I've been having a ton of fun with this game. Darn shame the game doesn't remember it.

Has someone called Incognito, or e-mailed them or anything?

icechai

omg Sea Manky is soooo pissing off in dogfight... at least when no one but me is in a plane and i always get one of them, and he's just sitting in the back aiming w/ his homing missle >_<

Raist

Banned
Cerebral Palsy said:
I got it. You hold the power button down for 5 seconds... not the PS button. Thanks for the help

:lol

Well, you eventually fixed it, that's the most important thing :p

mackaveli

Raist said:
GAF_TIMEZONE(#serv number)

Mine is up atm, GAF_GMT(#6)

could you boot someone for me? not sure if its full but im going to power on my ps3 now to log on to warhawk.

also does anyone know if they are keeping our stats just not updating it yet like resistance?

thanks.

S. L.

icechai said:
omg Sea Manky is soooo pissing off in dogfight... at least when no one but me is in a plane and i always get one of them, and he's just sitting in the back aiming w/ his homing missle >_<
Sea Manky has that horrible person named Ataru as Avatar.
shakefist.gif

Raist

Banned
mackaveli said:
could you boot someone for me? not sure if its full but im going to power on my ps3 now to log on to warhawk.

also does anyone know if they are keeping our stats just not updating it yet like resistance?

thanks.

2 spots left atm, just join :)

User 406

Banned
S. L. said:
Sea Manky has that horrible person named Ataru as Avatar.
shakefist.gif

ataruicon.jpg

S. L.

oh man what was with the blue team in the last zones game
half of the team just camped in the main base with tanks
the other half just ran randomly around

at least i had endless sea manky mine kills :p

mackaveli

S. L. said:
oh man what was with the blue team in the last zones game
half of the team just camped in the main base with tanks
the other half just ran randomly around

at least i had endless sea manky mine kills :p

in Raist's server?

i dont know, i got zones and so forth and sometimes used turrets to take out warhawks.

sucks that i got disconnected. did everyone else too? i couldnt log on warkhawk so im folding@home.

so does anyone know whats happening with stats?

Ashhong

anybody elses network just die? i was in the middle of a game and it says network connection lost, and now i cant get back in. it wont even go to the TOS screen.

edit: nvm :)

Greg

Dylan_Jobe said:
Everyone,

As you all know, we have been diligently working on the stats issue. It totally sucks that your stats aren't posting and we take it very, very seriously.

So...some of you may have already noticed that we are bringing the entire system down right now to deploy a server-side patch for out stats database in an attempt to resolve the errors when games post stats. We have performed very thorough internal testing but, as will be the case with any large online game, the ultimate test is to get a huge player base to smash the hell out of it.

I think it’s fair to say that if this update doesn't resolve the stats issue...you will all let us know! :p

This update is rolling out RIGHT NOW...servers will be brought off-line, from 4:15pm PDT and will be down until 6:15pm PDT.

Many apologies for this incredibly late notice but we are absolutely committed to making sure you all have great service, and playing Warhawk this weekend with stats fixed has been our #1 priority!!!

I will post again once we have the system back up and running.
http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=warhawk&message.id=92950#M92950

Madman

Speevy said:
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Um, I'm back.

Anyway, I've been having a ton of fun with this game. Darn shame the game doesn't remember it.

Has someone called Incognito, or e-mailed them or anything?
Yes, see above.

mackaveli

sweet hopefully the update fixes everything.

im starting to love warhawk more and more everytime i play it. just wish you could easily join a server with friends.

Greg

S. L. said:
this doesn't sound like we will get the stats from the last few days counted for us
I thought it was already understood that those stats were gone, much like all of my stats from the first 3 weeks of Resistance at launch.:lol

Raist

Banned
Everyone,

As you all know, we have been diligently working on the stats issue. It totally sucks that your stats aren't posting and we take it very, very seriously.

So...some of you may have already noticed that we are bringing the entire system down right now to deploy a server-side patch for out stats database in an attempt to resolve the errors when games post stats. We have performed very thorough internal testing but, as will be the case with any large online game, the ultimate test is to get a huge player base to smash the hell out of it.

I think it’s fair to say that if this update doesn't resolve the stats issue...you will all let us know! :p

This update is rolling out RIGHT NOW...servers will be brought off-line, from 4:15pm PDT and will be down until 6:15pm PDT.

Many apologies for this incredibly late notice but we are absolutely committed to making sure you all have great service, and playing Warhawk this weekend with stats fixed has been our #1 priority!!!

I will post again once we have the system back up and running.

Posted by Dylan Jobes on the US boards

edit : lolz beaten.

Top Bottom