• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Was the SNES era the peak of Nintendo development?

Jubenhimer

Also, I think it’s slightly ironic that the Switch which “might dethrone the SNES” has a Wii U game as its most selling game. Just saying.

A Wii U port being the best selling Switch game isn't something Nintendo can control. And tbh, I think Smash Ult. will dethrone it in the long run. Besides, Wii U ports aren't a majority of the Switch's first party output, especially not this year.

Weilthain

Banned
NES + SNES era were the golden years, we are now having a renaissance of sorts if you ask me. OF COURSE it's never going to be the same but Nintendo is on fire at the moment.

V

Vader1

Unconfirmed Member
A Wii U port being the best selling Switch game isn't something Nintendo can control. And tbh, I think Smash Ult. will dethrone it in the long run. Besides, Wii U ports aren't a majority of the Switch's first party output, especially not this year.

They can’t control it at all, it just kind of goes against the narrative that the Wii U had no games.

For me at least, Wii U ports are definitely the majority of the notable games besides Smash 5. New exclusives will hopefully pick up this year and in future years though.

Top Bottom