• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Washington D.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tama_lh

can you take pictures inside the airport...you just never know these days..! sorry stupid question..!!

well once you live somewhere i guess you dont appreciate it until you are gone..!! that's the way i see it..!

Bob White

DC rocks and sucks.

I did miss it when I went to live in Arizona for a year though. People outside of DC are fucking WEIRD.

People act stupid here, but at least they aren't insane like those Arizona people.

yoshifumi

Banned
those are cool pictures...i went to dc once, but i don't really remember much of it. i did see bill clinton get out of a helicopter and wave, but from really far away.

Willco

Hollywood Square
DC is great for some things, but I can't stand tourists and the weather here blows. After visiting LA and other parts of Cali, I've got to say our bums are way more polite and seem to have more entrepreneur endeavors than the lazy bums of Los Angeles.

Doth Togo

Willco said:
DC is great for some things, but I can't stand tourists and the weather here blows. After visiting LA and other parts of Cali, I've got to say our bums are way more polite and seem to have more entrepreneur endeavors than the lazy bums of Los Angeles.

This is true. Some bum offered to dance me a jig over on 17th and M Streets for a dollar one night. I gave him two. He did a decent jig, IIRC.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Doth Togo said:
This is true. Some bum offered to dance me a jig over on 17th and M Streets for a dollar one night. I gave him two. He did a decent jig, IIRC.

That's what I'm talking about! Bums in Los Angeles just wait until you walk out of Ralph's, heavy bags in tow, and annoy you for change. Dance me a jig, you bum!

Bob White

Weird, I found myself missing the bums here (in DC). Those fucking Arizona bums were DAMNED bold.

I heard stories of so many fucking weirdo bum attacks in AZ, that I had to keep my eye on those bums when I walked pass them.

Like this one story, my friend said he saw a girl skating down the sidewalk when all of a sudden a fucking bum jumped in her way and tried to trip her.

Then there was this on bum who got all cocky in Jack n' the Box when someone gave him a pity burger. My friends and I were talking at a table near him when the bum ERUPTS, saying shit like "I don't wanna hear your shit" and "shut up!". One of my friends put him in is place though, he told him to calm his ass down or get beat.

I got a ton of AZ bum stories, so many people would think I'm lying.

AirBrian

I was in DC about 14 years ago and I will say this -- I remember a lot more bums and panhandlers on the streets back then compared to now. It really seems like they cleaned up the streets somewhat. Also, you guys are right, the bums played music, one was singing, and were very nice overall. DC bums +1.

Doth Togo

The official name is Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA). The moron subway drivers like to sound intelligent and will call it all sorts of shit...(lol, the funniest ever was when some dude said...yo, we're at the airport now, evahbody out, this train's out of commission).

Oh, and that reminds me. Why does DC metro have to hire the lowest common denominator for bus drivers/subway drivers? They're truly the lowest, dumbest people on the totum pole. Running red lights all the time in the city buses, hitting pedestrians, mispronouncing subway stops, forgetting to SHUT THE DOORS TO THE SUBWAY CAR...HELLO?!? Can't stand the subway drivers trying to be comedians or testing out their god-awful "hey I wanna be a radio DJ" voices. Just drive the god damn train and shut your pie hole.

Fucking idiots they are.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Doth Togo said:
The official name is Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA). The moron subway drivers like to sound intelligent and will call it all sorts of shit...(lol, the funniest ever was when some dude said...yo, we're at the airport now, evahbody out, this train's out of commission).

Oh, and that reminds me. Why does DC metro have to hire the lowest common denominator for bus drivers/subway drivers? They're truly the lowest, dumbest people on the totum pole. Running red lights all the time in the city buses, hitting pedestrians, mispronouncing subway stops, forgetting to SHUT THE DOORS TO THE SUBWAY CAR...HELLO?!? Can't stand the subway drivers trying to be comedians or testing out their god-awful "hey I wanna be a radio DJ" voices. Just drive the god damn train and shut your pie hole.

Fucking idiots they are.

I can't stand some of the drivers who, for some reason, put the goddamn microphone inside their mouth or something. You can't understand a damn word they say.

"NEST STABH SHRADIE GRAVES DABBIDI DOOBIE DOO!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom