• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wasteland 2 Kickstarter project by inXile entertainment [Ended, $3 Million Funded]

pa22word

Torment backers eligible for a copy of the original Wasteland should be able to find their keys etc on the 'Donations' page (once logged in here).

Yeah I know. I was asking about the free copies of Wasteland 2 you get from backing Project Eternity over a certain amount.

oipic

Yeah I know. I was asking about the free copies of Wasteland 2 you get from backing Project Eternity over a certain amount.

Sorry, comprehension failure on my part - I was multi-tasking, which as a man, I should probably know better than to try.

Yeah, your question is a good one - I suspect it'll happen in the same way the WL1 keys were made available (but hopefully communicated more clearly and directly to Torment backers next time).

CushVA

https://twitter.com/rangerkeenan/status/403295959481729024

Chris Keenan ‏@rangerkeenan

Small preview of the Arizona world map. She's getting ready for prime time!

BZjLidTCQAAqw-1.jpg:large

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Man this is going to push my resolve pretty hard. I really want to wait until the game is complete before playing it... but man it's going to be sitting *right there* looking me in the face.

Man this is going to push my resolve pretty hard. I really want to wait until the game is complete before playing it... but man it's going to be sitting *right there* looking me in the face.
I know exactly what you mean... I just want my first impression to be with its released version, not the pre-Q&A fun of funny errors.

I'll wait though. I'lllll wait.

FACE

Banned
We’ve been hard at work on the backer beta, working through some last blocker bugs to get it ready for you, and kept you updated on @wasteland2beta and the Wasteland 2 tumblr. To catch you up: it’s almost ready: We’re fully on track to put it in your hands next week!

As we’ve said before, the initial beta rollout is the first four major areas, the associated COPS maps (smaller maps), the world map and its random encounters, and character creation. As the beta progresses, we’ll roll out more areas, though we do plan to hold LA back for spoiler reasons. We’ll have more details on the beta such as remaining known issues next week, when we launch it.

We did want to let you all know that when the beta launches we will be pulling the add-on options from the Wasteland 2 store. If you want to add any of those to your existing pledge – or if you want to be able to jump in on the beta at its launch – this week will be your last chance to do so!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/wasteland-2/posts/685172

Man, I cannot freaking wait for this to be done! I was so pumped to play the beta earlier in the spring, summer and autumn, but now I've found that my feet have grown cold in the winter. Kinda wish they'd confirm the playable content would be self-censored so as to not spoil too much of that crucial first impression with a finished game. Like, erase all quest dialogue and plot-specific references and replace them with simple, characterless instructions and information for the beta downloads. Might have to pass on it to preserve that pristine first memory of playing it.

Like, erase all quest dialogue and plot-specific references and replace them with simple, characterless instructions and information for the beta downloads.
No, it doesn't do that. But to be fair, the stages you'll play in the beta are very early, and it more hints at what the plot will be than actually reveal anything. Plus you can just wander around or ignore the main plot and head up to a hub location in the north that's not really tied to the story.

No, it doesn't do that. But to be fair, the stages you'll play in the beta are very early, and it more hints at what the plot will be than actually reveal anything. Plus you can just wander around or ignore the main plot and head up to a hub location in the north that's not really tied to the story.
Okay, cool. What approximate percentage of the traversable map does the beta Arizona area represent of the full final game? Sounds more or less like a safer intro zone before heading into So Cal. I seem to recall it being mentioned early on that once you left for LA, you couldn't go back to AZ.

you could always download it in german and then there would be no spoilers
That's actually a great idea.

I'll be happy to take it off your hands so you aren't tempted, MightyHedgehog ;)
Since you asked first, and assuming that I have the willpower to stand fast, I'd be happy to offer it to you if it's possible.

FACE

Banned
Here's some early impressions: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...discussion-thread.74337/page-232#post-3002177

Jesus fuck Mark Morgan is a god. The soundtrack right now is really fucking good.

The combat is very good. Right now it's easily on par with the new XCOM (and plays very similarly, with a near-equivalent cover system and square grid movement), but perhaps a bit more mechanically sophisticated due to ammo types and that sort of thing. It's not Jagged Alliance or 7.62, but it's some of the best turn-based party-based combat I have played in the context of a traditional CRPG. It's also surprisingly challenging (and it got bumped up significantly over the last couple weeks once I started giving feedback).

cage_blissdnpwg.gif

CushVA

Wow, recommend specs from the reference card:

Windows 7/8
3.0 GHz i5
8 GB RAM
Direct X 9.0c Compatible Video Card
1GB VRAM
Direct X Compatible Sound Card
20 GB HD Space

Gazoinks

They really need to put the explanation for the price in giant neon letters. Planetary Annihilation also had a lot of people complaining about it.

The early access price for Kickstarter backers was $55. Pricing the Steam early access lower would be screwing over the backers. It'll get lower when they get into stages closer to release.

man there is a whole lot of stupid going on in that Steam User Forums.

If you want beta access pay $60, if that offends you deeply and you won't pay that fine, wait till release and its $25 (or $30?).

I think everyone is a bit spoiled by the "I'll give you a dollar and you give me everything, forever" paved by Minecraft.

zkylon

zkylewd
early access as a whole is really weird

this is kinda on people's fault for not properly reading, inxile's being actually pretty nice and forward with what they're offering

We’re starting out at $59.99 and you’re going to get a lot for your money over time, including a truckload of digital extras, including:

-- A free copy of Wasteland 1 - The Original Classic
-- Two digital novellas set in The Wasteland world
-- Mark Morgan's Wasteland 2 OST in digital format
-- A digital concept art book

* We expect the final release price will be lower, but the free copy of Wasteland 1 and the extra goodies are exclusive to Early Access

people can be really dumb sometimes

Eusis

Yeah, my first thought was to see what was offered, then dig up the Kickstarter page, and I see it's essentially a $5 (well, $4.99) difference, if anything if I had backed at that price I might be mildly annoyed it wasn't a bit lower as a backer, though they also get a few goodies non-backers won't see. Not unless they're quietly thrown in for Early Access people anyway.

man there is a whole lot of stupid going on in that Steam User Forums.

If you want beta access pay $60, if that offends you deeply and you won't pay that fine, wait till release and its $25 (or $30?).

I think everyone is a bit spoiled by the "I'll give you a dollar and you give me everything, forever" paved by Minecraft.

Spent some time reading that, and yes, that's a whole lot of stupid, That the sticky thread there hasn't made the whole Steam forum collapse because of all the stupidity is a christmas miracle.

I think it's the first time I want to use the term "entitled" for some gamers.

Top Bottom