• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Yasae

Banned
From what i saw and read this game have a lot in common with first Assassins Creed aka great ideas , but not so great execution. Hopefully they can pull off similar improvements (like from AC1 to AC2) in sequel
Variety of things to do in the first AC:

Forced sidequests (you had to do a certain number of these before every assassination)
- Save citizens
- Eavesdropping
- Pickpocketing
- Interrogation - follow a guy and beat him up
- Informant stuff - gather flags
LOL
or kill an enemy/rival assassin

In the rest of the world:
- Find flags
- Kill templars

And that was the entire game besides the nine assassinations.

SilentFlyer

edit:I just hit the icon and its saying "Downloading application 43%" .Then I went to storage management and there it is :Watch Dogs 22GB.Also all the add ons are "waiting to istall".
Heads up here ,we might actually have some kind of preload.UK PSN Deluxe Edition.

Mine also pre-loading. Although I pushed the download manually. Currently downloaded about 5GB of 22GB. All other cpntents are installed already along 90MB of update. Watch_Dogs Classic edition here and from Saudi Arabia. 7hours until its unlock for play.

Those who are waiting for the game to download may try to push it manually. Might that work.

Klendathu

Same here :(

I wish the US version had this kind of preload.

For the most part, the European store is a pale imitation of the US store. Seriously, we've only recently been able to pre-order anything!! But perhaps it's just a matter of timing, while my pre-load looks to have started hours and hours ago, for some it's just started recently.

Given the hours the US is behind Europe, maybe US preloads will begin over the course of the 26th May.

I was going to get it for PS4 but some of my friends are getting it for Xbox One and I was thinking of the multiplayer aspect. Is the Xbox version alright ?

FeiRR

Banned
For the most part, the European store is a pale imitation of the US store. Seriously, we've only recently been able to pre-order anything!! But perhaps it's just a matter of timing, while my pre-load looks to have started hours and hours ago, for some it's just started recently.
There are two essential things which make EU store better:
- pre-loading exists
- when you pre-order, you pay when you pre-load (usually a few days before the release), not on pre-order.

And there is one essential thing, which nullifies the above two:
- prices in EU are 30% to 50% higher.

Given the hours the US is behind Europe, maybe US preloads will begin over the course of the 26th May.
No pre-loading for US until Destiny.

murgo

??? What???

Yeah :) Preordered on saturday, went there now and asked if they'd give it to me and voila:

2014-05-26%2014.09.41.jpg

Klendathu

There are two essential things which make EU store better:
- pre-loading exists
- when you pre-order, you pay when you pre-load (usually a few days before the release), not on pre-order.
I believe many European countries have legislation which mandates the payment thing. Prices suck though.

No pre-loading for US until Destiny.
Actually that's what the EU PlayStation blog reported as well, not to mention when I pre-ordered Watch_Dogs a few days ago, there was a big splash page pronouncing no pre-ordering and that Destiny would be the first game that would Pre-Load

I assume this decision to allow pre-loading was a last minute one!

With preloading now becoming a thing I can see how someone might want to get into digital. . hmm I would need more before I make the jump. Going to GameStop tonight to pick up my order. I will probably not even play it until tomorrow afternoon.

K_B

Quick question for those who have played the game:

Do you have the ability to hack basically everything from the beginning or do you unlock more hacks as you progress? For example, right from the beginning can you hack trains or does it require story progression?

pahamrick

Quick question for those who have played the game:

Do you have the ability to hack basically everything from the beginning or do you unlock more hacks as you progress? For example, right from the beginning can you hack trains or does it require story progression?

Judging by the leaked skill tree I saw, you unlock more hacks via skill points. And certain hacks need to be unlocked on the skill tree via story progression.

skynidas

Banned
i was so tempted to just pre-order from the EU PSN, i went and looked at the price, shit is priced at 70 euros for the normal edition, LMAO. i'll wait for the US PSN.

HowZatOZ

Banned
I presume GMG will be sending out their keys rather early in the Australian morning. Eager to get some friends by my side in free roam.

Tekku

Anyone here that will carry some kind of agenda when they play Watch Dogs? Like kill people with certain sentences and stuff.

I'm thinking of playing as legally as possible, with hacks as the only offense. But if people push me I might response with fire.

MayMay

Banned
I swear to god, I'll never pre-order a Ubisoft game on Steam again. Should've bought a retail copy on Friday - or even better, a cheap Uplay key so that Ubi earns the least amount of money from my purchase. No pre-load, game releases at 10am instead of midnight etc etc. ;___; And all that while everyone else on PC has been legally playing since Friday. And afaik some other Steam regions are already unlocked at this point.

HowZatOZ

Banned
I swear to god, I'll never pre-order a Ubisoft game on Steam again. Should've bought a retail copy on Friday - or even better, a cheap Uplay key so that Ubi earns the least amount of money from my purchase. No pre-load, game releases at 10am instead of midnight etc etc. ;___; And all that while everyone else on PC has been legally playing since Friday. And afaik some other Steam regions are already unlocked at this point.

Did you really expect the game on a silver platter direct to your doorstep or something? If you want it day 0 you need to buy retail, always been the case.

MayMay

Banned
Did you really expect the game on a silver platter direct to your doorstep or something? If you want it day 0 you need to buy retail, always been the case.

Not on PC. Retail wouldnt have been possible on PC pre-release - if it weren't for Ubisofts incompetence with their downloader. Couldnt have known that while pre-ordering though.
If they would at least fix the unlock times on Steam (in the EU).. but it does not seem like it.

Friends are texting me that every big retailer in Hamburg is selling the game for 49,99€. I'm a few kilometers out of town, went to the biggest retailer nearby (which is part of the retail store group that is selling for 50€) and they told me that they haven't received the game yet. Then I went to two different small stores on the other side of the street to check if they want my money. They're selling the game for 80€ (standard edition of course) which is ridiculous.

I guess I just wait until tomorrow.

This game has THE BEST missions of any similar style open world game, including Assassins Creed games and GTAV. So much opportunity to improvise.

Top Bottom