• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Tekku

Ok, to those who are currently paying the game. Two major questions for me:

1. Are there any difficulty settings and what do they change?

2. Is there a HUD option like in Assassin's Creed? If yes, what can you turn off?

Despite it saying less then 10 minutes ago that there was 7 hours left till steam released watch dogs, it has been released offically in Australia now - grab those keys and start downloading!

Trejik

Ok, to those who are currently paying the game. Two major questions for me:

1. Are there any difficulty settings and what do they change?

2. Is there a HUD option like in Assassin's Creed? If yes, what can you turn off?

1. Yes, Easy, Normal, Hard and Extreme or something like that. Messing around with them not much. Shots that enemies take, and mainly how fast they spot you. On Normal most of the time if you get spotted I found it quite difficult to get out of the situation until you have certain upgrades. Having them spot you faster is cheap IMO, but the balance on Normal is really good. It's challenging but very rarely unfair. Playing the game on harder seems more for personal merit than getting more enjoyment.

2. I can't seem to find it, but the HUD is dynamic. You're weapon, ammo count, focus meter and contextual digital spy overlay appear when you're in combat for the former and when you press X/A for the latter. Minimap seems to be there all the time.

bombshell

reviews in 2 minutes!!

t1401174000z0.png

Gamereactor are posting their review at this time, so I'm guessing it applies to everyone.

MayMay

Banned
Australia got a midnight release on Steam? Nice! Have fun AusGAF.

I wonder if VPNs would work to unlock the game in the EU.. We don't have the luxury of a midnight release. Like.. 18 hours left. And it's midnight in 8.

Australia got a midnight release on Steam? Nice! Have fun AusGAF.

I wonder if VPNs would work to unlock the game in the EU.. We don't have the luxury of a midnight release. Like.. 18 hours left. And it's midnight in 8.

I bought my key from Greenman, so I have to wait until the NA unlock. Bastards.

Been playing on PS4 for the last 2 hours, game is great. A lot of people will have to eat crow. Online hacking is fun, but I think it will get tedious eventually.

Saiyan-Rox

Steam has this down for unlocking in the UK in 18 hours which is tomorrow morning? is that true for all clients? if so that's lame

Nevermind it is cause Origin says it unlocks tomorrow morning :(

Tekku

1. Yes, Easy, Normal, Hard and Extreme or something like that. Messing around with them not much. Shots that enemies take, and mainly how fast they spot you. On Normal most of the time if you get spotted I found it quite difficult to get out of the situation until you have certain upgrades. Having them spot you faster is cheap IMO, but the balance on Normal is really good. It's challenging but very rarely unfair. Playing the game on harder seems more for personal merit than getting more enjoyment.

2. I can't seem to find it, but the HUD is dynamic. You're weapon, ammo count, focus meter and contextual digital spy overlay appear when you're in combat for the former and when you press X/A for the latter. Minimap seems to be there all the time.

Thank you Trejik! I miss difficulties in open world games so I'm gonna go with Hard or Extreme. :)

Gaz_RB

There's a .50 cal in the game? Is it fixed or something you can carry, or lug, about?

You lug it around. It shreds cars apart in like one shot, it's so nice.

Don't get me started on the auto shotty...

Watching someone play the file stealing multiplayer mode and it looks great. Gunplay reminds me of the last Ghost Recon game which was awesome.

Yeah, it's very reminiscent of Tom Clancy.

Trejik

Quick question: Was thinking of uploading some gameplay of a side mission, but there's some disturbing language going on and stuff. Won't get me in trouble if I post it here, right? (Lurker for many years, new to actually contributing here.)

tookhster

Dammit just give me my code GMG!

It took me like 7 hours (with a good connection) to download AC4 on uPlay, and even then it got stuck on 99% for like an hour. I can't imagine how screwed up uPlay is going to be when everyone with a code is trying to download the game at once. I feel like I won't be able to play this game till like Friday.

Gaz_RB

Tell me. TELL ME NOW!!!! :)

Well, it's pretty expensive, but it absolutely clears rooms and it's as badass as an autoshotgun could be possibly be. I was doing a convoy mission and I literally just walked down the street towards the convoy until they got close, and then I just tore their cars and occupants to shreds in one clip. Feels good man

Quick question: Was thinking of uploading some gameplay of a side mission, but there's some disturbing language going on and stuff. Won't get me in trouble if I post it here, right? (Lurker for many years, new to actually contributing here.)

I'm pretty sure language is fine.

Tekku

We need to talk more about Realistic Mode. There's barely any info about it on the net.

This is what I've gathered so far:

1. You die from two or three shots
2. Enemies also die from two or three shots
3. Moving from cover to cover while the enemy is watching will most likely kill you
4. Enemies spot you much faster
5. Enemies won't walk into your traps as easily
6. The difficulty is unlocked from the start

Top Bottom