• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Boj0wjvIgAA1IgD.jpg:large

My herp-derp moment was when I found out there is a button prompt to enable obstacles for the police. The chases before I always tried to time it manually and always ended up crashing myself. So far I am quite happy that I did not cancel my pre-order when the "big downgrade discussion" started.

Drewfonse

I'm sure that this has already been asked, but what are we looking at for a straight story run here? 15-20 hrs? I like open world games, but I don't love them, and I usually get bored by filler side missions.

But if some of the side missions are like the one posted on the previous page, I may do a few. I'd be very happy to get 20 hrs out of this. This is looking good.

Saiyan-Rox

So out of curiosity (I bought watch dogs on origin) will it link to uplay and play through its client or just play through origin? Ask cause I bought trials evolution a while back off steam and that's what it does it registered I bought it on steam and added it to my uplay client to be played through it instead

ButchCat

It's ridiculous. You could buy the game and season pass on the US store and still save £12 than you would just buying the game alone from the UK store.
I really like my retail boxes, have you ever tried buying a US season pass for a UK retail copy of any game assuming there's no region protection? Do you think there would be compatibility issues?

Boj0wjvIgAA1IgD.jpg:large

My herp-derp moment was when I found out there is a button prompt to enable obstacles for the police. The chases before I always tried to time it manually and always ended up crashing myself. So far I am quite happy that I did not cancel my pre-order when the "big downgrade discussion" started.

The 1920s mobster outfit looks so pimp.

In the Watchdogs PC performance thread Aeana said people who have a early copy (PC) or are posting impressions must show proof of purchase. Is that being applied to this thread?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Man I've been so undecided about this game. I was in the beta and wasn't impressed much and after seeing videos also felt let down. It looked boring.

But after seeing some videos posted in here I'm going to pickup a copy. I see alot of Splinter Cell vibes and I love that series.

I really like my retail boxes, have you ever tried buying a US season pass for a UK retail copy of any game assuming there's no region protection? Do you think there would be compatibility issues?

I bought the Titanfall season pass from the Canadian store and it works fine with my UK disc version of the game.

gossi

In the Watchdogs PC performance thread Aeana said people who have a early copy (PC) or are posting impressions must show proof of purchase. Is that being applied to this thread?

If it's PC or on a widely piratable platform (Xbox 360 basically) I guess so.

Trejik

Wanting to chime in: Having played up to about I would say half of the game, maybe a bit more, this game is incredible. For me Ubisoft is mostly hit or miss, but they really have something special with Watch_Dogs. The game looks very good most of the time, the action is tight and makes you feel like a badass, the UI isn't convoluted despite the amount of contextual interactions you have, the guns feel good, the stealth is solid, the movement is fluid (it seems as if instead of adding in a generic "climb", they actually worked to design every piece of the world to be moved across in a satisfying way) and the Story is good with some interesting characters despite having some flaws.

It's Splinter Cell mixed with AssCreed, GTA and some Saints Row hooligan stuff tied together with a Jason Bourne/James Bond plot and story arc. Fantastic.

ButchCat

Man I've been so undecided about this game. I was in the beta and wasn't impressed much and after seeing videos also felt let down. It looked boring.

But after seeing some videos posted in here I'm going to pickup a copy. I see alot of Splinter Cell vibes and I love that series.

I bought the Titanfall season pass from the Canadian store and it works fine with my UK disc version of the game.
That's comforting, I hope PSN policies are just as loose.

B4D1E

It's Splinter Cell mixed with AssCreed, GTA and some Saints Row hooligan stuff tied together with a Jason Bourne/James Bond plot and story arc. Fantastic.

Thanks for this analogy. You put my mind at ease for getting this game tonight. Not that I doubted the quality of Watch_Dogs as a fun and fully immersive game.

Top Bottom