• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

wowlace

I think this is the best city I've wandered through in any video game. The developer really should be proud of the world they have built. It feels like a real city when you drive around, the civil engineering is spot on. I agree with someone a few posts back, every section of the city is interesting.

I have only just finished act one after about 4 days of doing side missions. I love the fixer stuff, those missions always end up in some super funny chases. Yes the main campaign isn't the most exhilarating experience so far. Having said that I am not finding it any more lackluster than some other efforts lately.

There is a real opportunity for dlc. I would love to play as Jordie, the dude looks exactly like an old friend of mine and he is funny as hell. A hitman Jordie style package would be excellent. Of course the only problem with that is, I don't do dlc out of principle.

SigSig

Any tips on beating Act V -
Sometimes you still lose
?
I'm stuck at the part where I need to
upload the virus
. The first upload is no problem, because I can just jam the scans, everything after is hell. The scan finds me while driving to the next objective, Police starts chasing me and while I can handle them for a while,
uploading the virus requires me to not be chased? Am I supposed to escape them and return to the objectives while being scanned again?

Wow, these last couple of missions display exactly the wrong parts of Watch Dogs.
First you have to escape an area without being spotted by police when there are tons of roadblocks and a helicopter. Ok, fine. Took me a few frustrating tries but I got it.

But the final mission makes you navigate the open world while being chased by cops AND has your navigation completely thrown off where it sends you to the wrong areas? Ugh. I tried it once and got stuck in one area while uploading a virus and 6 cop cars piled onto me and blocked the only exit (by car) of the enclosed area so that I couldn't leave at all. Of course, I stepped out of my car to try and leap over the wall, and was shot dead instantly. Gave up at that point because it was just too frustrating to deal with in the moment.

I suppose I'll go back and finish it tonight, but I'm not excited about it. Definitely some of the weakest parts of the game displayed here.

SJRB

Gold Member
Any tips on beating Act V -
Sometimes you still lose
?
I'm stuck at the part where I need to
upload the virus
. The first upload is no problem, because I can just jam the scans, everything after is hell. The scan finds me while driving to the next objective, Police starts chasing me and while I can handle them for a while,
uploading the virus requires me to not be chased? Am I supposed to escape them and return to the objectives while being scanned again?

That is arguably the worst mission in the entire game.

I'm fairly positive there is no escape, you just have to blast all the way across town with a huge police frenzy on your back. While uploading the virus I tried hiding or exploiting the AI [climb up ledges they can't reach, stuff like that]. One upload point has a construction yard, hide on the second floor. Another one is a former ctOS center, hide on the roof and stay out of sight of the helicopter. The last one is just total chaos, I just went ham and started kneecapping cops.

Also - what's the point of the fucking helicopter disable if you can't look up when inside a vehicle? Such a bizarre design choice.

Anyway, that mission is a total goatfuck. Not fun, not challenging. Designed to annoy the player at literally every corner.

chugen

fuck yeah

WCuwHTg.jpg

my first 1000 on xbox one. quite happy. great game lots of good ideas and fun stuff. and now i wait for WD2.

ew sounds like there is more of that nonsense later?

think it was beginning of act 4 that had something similar to avoid cops.

I pretty much made a beeline to the docks, disabled the helicopter and swam as far as i can.

TrueGrime

Holy shit.

I'm at the part where you're shooting your way through the projects trying to get to Iraq. The gunplay + the music + the chase is amazing. This game is amazing.

Holy shit.

I'm at the part where you're shooting your way through the projects trying to get to Iraq. The gunplay + the music + the chase is amazing. This game is amazing.

that mission's boss fight was a bitch though. Thanks a lot game for not tell me the melee kill against armored guy's skill doesn't work here.

And i have to watch the damn 3 min unskippable dialogue again after each death.

Do they ever explain how your real name is all over the news early on? you'd think the very first thing you'd do if you had access to ctOS is erase everything about you and ties to your family.

heck thats what the whole mission for T-Bone was about.

malfcn

Do they ever explain how your real name is all over the news early on?

I had the question too.

There is a lot of dumb stuff.
csOS is everywhere, can track and predict. They know who you are but can't find you.
They Have T-Bone's info, but can only find him in Chicago, not in Pawnee..btw, Blume is HQ in Pawnee.
Yolanda and your sister don't figure out you're the vigilante until the end, despite being on the news.
You're called the fox with no context.

Quite a few loose ends and holes. I have forgotten most because they are just too silly.

TrueGrime

that mission's boss fight was a bitch though. Thanks a lot game for not tell me the melee kill against armored guy's skill doesn't work here.

Do they ever explain how your real name is all over the news early on? you'd think the very first thing you'd do if you had access to ctOS is erase everything about you and ties to your family.

Plenty of plot holes in this game.

As for the bosses the game has been nothing but easy. I might up the difficulty. I max leveled the game before I started even act 2. There's a sniper rifle called The Destroyer that makes life very easy. It can shoot through pretty much anything. All you need is one headshot on any enemy and they're dead. You get it by doing the criminal convoys.

SJRB

Gold Member

Massive oversight for sure.

I love how there's a mission where you infiltrate a place in the most elaborate way to silence a witness who knows your identity [
the prison mission
, when literally the first thing you hear when you walk out afterwards is one of those little random news broadcasts how the people of Chicago a rallying behind the vigilante Aiden Pearce.

I think Ubi mish-mashed the story a bit at some point but didn't iron out the seams. In my opinion the mission where Aiden's identity is revealed should be the mission where
Damien Brenks projects your name and face on all tv-screens in the city. People see you, start pointing, start calling the cops even
. That should also have been the moment where people on the street randomly start recognizing you. You know, when they take pictures and stuff? Makes no sense to have that before that mission, people literally can't know what you look like before that.

It also makes the "revelation" where
Aiden's sister figures out Aiden is the vigilante
all the more hilarious. His name is on the news literally every 10 minutes for Christ's sake.

valkyre

In regards to his sister and how she doesnt know

I dont remember when exactly she was kidnapped but perhaps that is why she doesnt know that her brother is the Vigilante.
But again I dont remember exactly when in the story she was taken.

All in all I agree that the plotholes are just too many. But this one might not be one.

Setsuna

In regards to his sister and how she doesnt know

I dont remember when exactly she was kidnapped but perhaps that is why she doesnt know that her brother is the Vigilante.
But again I dont remember exactly when in the story she was taken.

All in all I agree that the plotholes are just too many. But this one might not be one.

kidnapped before his identity was released

SigSig

Awwww man, I knew something like this was coming.
I never had a single problem with any other mission before, but this really is BS. Will do it next weekend.

Also the broadcast/name thing is stupid. I noticed it early in the game and just proceeded to pretend it wasn't there and suddenly everything made sense again. It was probably added super late, without thinking about how it's going to fit in.

Massive oversight for sure.

I love how there's a mission where you infiltrate a place in the most elaborate way to silence a witness who knows your identity [
the prison mission
, when literally the first thing you hear when you walk out afterwards is one of those little random news broadcasts how the people of Chicago a rallying behind the vigilante Aiden Pearce.

I think Ubi mish-mashed the story a bit at some point but didn't iron out the seams. In my opinion the mission where Aiden's identity is revealed should be the mission where
Damien Brenks projects your name and face on all tv-screens in the city. People see you, start pointing, start calling the cops even
. That should also have been the moment where people on the street randomly start recognizing you. You know, when they take pictures and stuff? Makes no sense to have that before that mission, people literally can't know what you look like before that.

It also makes the "revelation" where
Aiden's sister figures out Aiden is the vigilante
all the more hilarious. His name is on the news literally every 10 minutes for Christ's sake.

love how aiden is always talking about how hard he tries to keep his sister away from all this shit, yet EVERYONE knows your real name and your family ties.

he really should try a bit harder. And w/e happen to the really early mission where he was all, ' I won't involve myself with the upper crime dudes because i will never make that mistake again'.

next minute you are fucking up iraq's crib, and now im off to fuck lucky quinn up for some reason?

Setsuna

love how aiden is always talking about how hard he tries to keep his sister away from all this shit, yet EVERYONE knows your real name and your family ties.

he really should try a bit harder. And w/e happen to the really early mission where he was all, ' I won't involve myself with the upper crime dudes because i will never make that mistake again'.

next minute you are fucking up iraq's crib, and now im off to fuck lucky quinn up for some reason?

The only people that know his family ties are Damien and the psyhicatrist.

Aiden wiped all other information about his family from existence.

Evident with the fact that at the end of the game news reporters comment that there was no evidence that he even had a sister

The only people that know his family ties are Damien and the psyhicatrist.

Aiden wiped all other information about his family from existence.

Evident with the fact that at the end of the game news reporters comment that there was no evidence that he even had a sister

haven't gotten that far yet. I still think the very first thing he should have done when he got access to ctOS was erase everything about himself. At the very least it would save the pain of police chases lol.

I don't mind low level police chases and gang car bits, but the high level ones are dumb annoying because cops respawn and i have no clue how to get a good angle to be within range to hack helicopters besides jumps. The most efficient strategy for me was just to hack the helicopters and drive off a pier and swim away... which isn't that fun and feels kinda cheap.

Can you even escape the ctOS scans with jammers and what not in the part 4 story missions or is police chase mandatory?

What an underwhelming ending.
Jordi appearing out of nowhere to momentarily turn the gun on Aiden felt like an extremely cheap move that the story hadn't earned at all. Would've been a much cleaner ending if he was left out entirely. What absolute trash.

Setsuna

haven't gotten that far yet. I still think the very first thing he should have done when he got access to ctOS was erase everything about himself. At the very least it would save the pain of police chases lol.
Thats effectively whats in play

The Ctos cant track aiden since cameras cant do a facial recognition on aiden no facial recognition effectively means the system cant gather data on him

malfcn

When you hack a camera and look at yourself it can't read you in the system. But the city someone knows and broadcasts it.

I cannot stand that they don't just give you access to the full soundtrack from the start. Especially when most of the base songs are not that good.

When you hack a camera and look at yourself it can't read you in the system. But the city someone knows and broadcasts it.

yeah... i feel like someone fucked up trying to piece together a script written by a committee of many writers.

btw: where are the dlc missions? I got the season pass and they say they are all unlocked, but i've only seen and done the biometric weapon one (whats so special about this gun anyways? just seem like a reskin of the other 5 star AR)

TrueGrime

Just finished the game and I am fucking impressed. Great story. Lengthy and meaty game. That ending opened up so many possibilities for part 2. I can't wait.

malfcn

I think the simulated wind is one of those things that is so tiny, but adds alot of life to the game. Watching trash and your coat blowing around with the trees swaying looks really cool.

someday

Banned
I absolutely suck at the car chases. I've even tried driving into the water but they shot me there too. I've avoided a lot of the fixer missions because they are so utterly frustrating for me. I don't really play driving games, or GTA games, so maybe just more practice but it seems like the cops here are incredibly tenacious.

malfcn

I absolutely suck at the car chases. I've even tried driving into the water but they shot me there too. I've avoided a lot of the fixer missions because they are so utterly frustrating for me. I don't really play driving games, or GTA games, so maybe just more practice but it seems like the cops here are incredibly tenacious.

Make sure you have jams when the scans start. And if you're driving at night, make sure you have black out. If you get a good lead on cars, but a heli is on you then quickly stop and get out to disable it. You can hop back in the car and speed off, and or look for garages and bridges to hid under.

I can't believe I bought the LE guide for this game. The book is really nice, but I only opened it once and didn't really use it. Because it was $10 at the time, I was suckered.
The map shows everything to collect, and other than a few audio logs, there is not much of an excuse to miss anything.

someday

Banned
Make sure you have jams when the scans start. And if you're driving at night, make sure you have black out. If you get a good lead on cars, but a heli is on you then quickly stop and get out to disable it. You can hop back in the car and speed off, and or look for garages and bridges to hid under.

I can't believe I bought the LE guide for this game. The book is really nice, but I only opened it once and didn't really use it. Because it was $10 at the time, I was suckered.
The map shows everything to collect, and other than a few audio logs, there is not much of an excuse to miss anything.
I use the jams a lot. I'll definitely try the other tips too. If I go into a garage and close the gates behind me will that stop them? I need to use focus more too.

I use the jams a lot. I'll definitely try the other tips too. If I go into a garage and close the gates behind me will that stop them? I need to use focus more too.

I find it easier to use focus to slow down time so I can swing the camera around while I am driving. You can disable the helicopters that way and you don't even have to stop driving.

And no, if they see you go in, they can open the doors to get you. At least, thats what they keep doing to me.

And I cannot agree more with blackout. You can be only a few car lengths in front and if you are in a dark tunnel, or the underground they will lose you instantly.

malfcn

Make sure you kill the car, and hide in it. It makes the diameter for detection smaller. And if you put a point into it, it makes the circle really small.

someday

Banned
I find it easier to use focus to slow down time so I can swing the camera around while I am driving. You can disable the helicopters that way and you don't even have to stop driving.

And no, if they see you go in, they can open the doors to get you. At least, thats what they keep doing to me.

And I cannot agree more with blackout. You can be only a few car lengths in front and if you are in a dark tunnel, or the underground they will lose you instantly.

Make sure you kill the car, and hide in it. It makes the diameter for detection smaller. And if you put a point into it, it makes the circle really small.
Thanks! I'm going to give these a shot now.

So I just bought my copy of Watch_Dogs for the PS3, but I have finals starting this thursday so I'm just holding it up (don't know how I will, but no other option)

Who else is playing on PS3 ? Any advice on this version?

Tux

Anyone turn RGB to full on the ps4?

Dayem.

Yes, but you need to match it to your HDTV. Check the contrast, brightness and picture too. Or else the black levels will be too dark.

I've used FULL for both my PS3/4 and HDMI receiver. Although some people just hook the console right up to the HDTV.

TrueGrime

Here's that sniper rile I was telling you about.

http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=...jjam&vid=38b79657-3eed-454b-aa2c-ddad3945061f

the last mission of ch4 actually worked out ok imo story wise, to my surprise.
killing off quinn felt appropriate for aiden's character. while the reasoning for everything is a bit underwelming, the execution actually worked out pretty decently compare to the rest of the game. I felt nothing about clara's death though. The side characters just kinda suck and leave no impression.

think ill finish this tonight.

I guess in the end, i don't really mind Aiden being a piece of shit, i just wish he was more consistent about it.

krae_man

Are online races broken? I decided to join one and it took forever to load and it seemed like I started the race after it started. There was nobody around and I was 30 second behind at the first checkpoint.

Top Bottom