• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Portugeezer

I'm at about 65% complete and loving the game a lot more now since I'm done with that horrible story, the game feels amazing just running around and doing the trophies. I don't actually mind doing this much. I just fear the drinking trophy and having to do 40 mixer missions, I did 5 and hated 3 of them....

Anyways, is there anyway to see total time played so far? PS4 version.

*edit* figured out I can see my time played by logging in at http://watchdogs.ubi.com/watchdogs/en-us/being-watched/index.aspx , it says I've only played it for 18 hours, feels right I guess.

Hmm. I have 24 hours and have done the 40 fixer contracts.

They are not bad, some are fun in and of themselves, and they are pretty quick (though I hate the ones where you drive from one vehicle to another). Upgrade shotgun to do extra damage on cars, ram the target car and get in front of it, whilst it's stopped just shoot the car with the shotgun (preferably the AA12 fully auto) until the target gets out then take them out.

I did 20 in about an hour and a half.

malfcn

Breakthrough mission took me 2:41 to complete. Well, hope the others are longer. It's a convoy mission.

The Palace is about 10-15 for the mainline. But it gives another 10 hard drives to locate. It's a hacking mission.

Signature Shot is about 10-11 minutes. Of that time 5 is just tailing someone. Then grab and go or shoot it out.

All are meh. At least the Palace had a little meat. The hack is simple. I had to reload twice due to it having someone basically kill me out of a scene and taking one wrong turn during the chase. The Breakthrough is pure trash though.

So what are the opinions of the DLC missions?

£5 seems a lot for 3 missions, I would get through them pretty quickly. The other content doesn't interest me, only the missions.

My impressions. They were okay, but don't add anything to the story. And they aren't replayable without starting over.

SJRB

Gold Member
O my god those stats, haha. 42 hours played, what the fuck. 121 crimes stopped.

Why are these stats so limited? I want to know how many miles I drove, how many people I shot, knocked out. My accuracy percentage. Time spent walking with hands in pockets.

malfcn

Creepiest stat:
231 people in my game, over 6 hours.

Didn't think I was invaded that many times.

Also says I played for 96 hours and 34 minutes.

SJRB

Gold Member
Pro-tip for people with the Season Pass in territories other than the US:

The ULC Pack is actually named the 'Access Granted Pack", it not viewable through the ingame store menu. [On PS4] you need to go to the regular PSN store, go to "new games" and there it is.

It will give an error message for every single piece of DLC in that pack that's already installed, press O to skip that particular piece of content. Don't be a fool like me and uninstall all the installed DLC on your HD after seeing the error message.

Seriously, the way this is handled is garbage.

TrueGrime

Creepiest stat:
231 people in my game, over 6 hours.

Didn't think I was invaded that many times.

Also says I played for 96 hours and 34 minutes.

The game lets you know that you're being invaded before you've been profiled and hacked by another player. When your hacking/profiling is up and you're just roaming around, the second another player enters your world it will automatically turn off by itself. Just listen for the phone off sound and hack prompts to stop.

Portugeezer

The game lets you know that you're being invaded before you've been profiled and hacked by another player. When your hacking/profiling is up and you're just roaming around, the second another player enters your world it will automatically turn off by itself. Just listen for the phone off sound and hack prompts to stop.

Also, when you activate focus the world won't slow down if you are invaded, I have noticed a few times and tried to go to a secluded area of the map with my pump action grenade launcher ready.

One time I saw a guy on a bike, did a uturn, waited for him to catch up then gunned him down, but because NPC's don't ride bikes in the game I knew it was an invader.

TrueGrime

Also, when you activate focus the world won't slow down if you are invaded, I have noticed a few times and tried to go to a secluded area of the map with my pump action grenade launcher ready.

One time I saw a guy on a bike, did a uturn, waited for him to catch up then gunned him down, but because NPC's don't ride bikes in the game I knew it was an invader.

I didn't know that! Good tip! I also didn't know until recently that you could kill a player before they start hacking you and still get some notoriety points for it.

I also have run into people that have no intention of hacking for the entire duration. They find you, start the profile for the hack, and then jump in a fast far or bike. They purposely want to be found by you and drive off with no hopes of catching them. They can still get an insane amount of points for doing this which is fucking stupid because they don't get the hack.

So when people started doing this I headed to one boardwalk where I could see behind me both ways and its pretty easy to notice a player running around a group of NPC's. I just pop his ass before he has a chance to do anything.

Gold Member

Nice :)

I was waiting for someone to online tail me the other evening, I noticed someone had entered the game (if you pause and the world keeps moving instead of the usual pause you are being invaded) I saw a car parked skewed on the side of the road so obviously the invader. I let them tail me for a bit, then stopped. He/she casually drove past hoping that I didn't know they was an invader so now I was behind him tailing he for a while, right up his arse with them no doubt worried I was going to kill them before they hit 100%. The hunter becomes the hunted lol! I would have blown him up but I was trophy hunting hehe.

wowlace

Oh, I know all the tricks. I just didn't think it was that high.

Being 1000/1000, I'm waiting for T-Bone.

I believe someone can perform a tail mission on you without you ever being notified. That is if they are good enough to go undetected.

That could account for the number appearing higher. I think a lot of people are going with online tailing instead of hacking these days.

It's crazy how there is no in game stat of how many hrs you've played. Or not even in the PC uplay client.

Ubisoft games tend to give you ton of stats.

Gold Member
It's crazy how there is no in game stat of how many hrs you've played. Or not even in the PC uplay client.

Ubisoft games tend to give you ton of stats.
I agree it's a pain having to log into a website to check it. It wouldn't have killed them to include it in game surely. Even then the stats on site are pretty poor compared to say Social Club which tracks every damn detail to the nth degree!

The website doesn't even update often it seems. My time on it hasn't changed in two days even though I've probably added around 10 more hours to it.

Share button is working for me. I was riding along on my motorbike when I crashed into a rubbish bin and the thing went flying around which I thought looked cool. I then pressed down the Share button ( I have it set like this. press once to take screenshot, hold down for a second to capture video) hit the square button to save and it saved everything I had done which was around 3mins worth as I just turned on my ps4.

Anyway, I copied the video to my usb drive, trimmed in down and then found an app that can convert the movie into a gif file.

pMT.gif

Share button is working for me. I was riding along on my motorbike when I crashed into a rubbish bin and the thing went flying around which I thought looked cool. I then pressed down the Share button ( I have it set like this. press once to take screenshot, hold down for a second to capture video) hit the square button to save and it saved everything I had done which was around 3mins worth as I just turned on my ps4.

Anyway, I copied the video to my usb drive, trimmed in down and then found an app that can convert the movie into a gif file.

pMT.gif
Nice! This is like the only thing I've seen Aiden physics working. Most of the time I get knocked off the bike it looks real weird.

catmario

This game has one of the worst and serious, game breaking glitch I have ever seen yet.

I was riding to activate criminal convoy mission. After I arrived nearly at mission mark, I mistakenly pressed explode button(I was supposed to hit triangle button, but I pressed square button. ;P), and died.

After loading complete, that convoy mission mark and near contract mission has disappeared on that site!!! I have waited about 1 hours to reappearance that mark, but nothing happens. Then I played other side missions, but that marker never appeared. I had waited looooooooong time to play that mission, but never, ever happened. Because of that thing, I couldn't achieve that trophy and 100%.

If you're going to play convoy or other side missions, don't die at near your targetted mission site. If you die at that site while you're freeroaming, You could doomed by that serious bug.

krae_man

I stumbled across the Metal horse over the weekend:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZaUUb6vJ8Q

Laughed my ass off.

I'm having so much fun doing the side. I haven't even finished Act 1 yet and I've finished:

-All the Crime preventions
-17 of the 18 convoys
-little over 1/2 the fixer contracts
-all 100 foresquare things
-all the gang hideouts
-All the ctos towers(both guarded and unguarded)

I'm going to have to actually start playing the story soon :sob:

The boat stuff needs work. I love exploiting the fact that nothing but helicopters follow you out into the water so it's an easy escape from the often cheap rubberbanding AI but why do I have to kill someone in a boat in order to take control? Why can't I boat jack? Why can't I dock? I always end up having to fall in the water to climb onto the dock.

What do you have to do to get a 5 star or whatever chase? I've had it go from two to four very quickly a couple times but It's never gone past that.

so what are y'all's favorite animations in game?

favs:

- walking/running with pistol behind back
- climbing up ledges at an angle so he does the kick up.
- rolling over a ledge/car (take cover, than press up + O or B)
- pistol execution, (press melee with pistol out while in combat)
- the assorted animations Aiden reacting to explosions when you are running.
- running and vaulting over slightly longer barriers, he does that gymnastic move.

Portugeezer

so what are y'all's favorite animations in game?

favs:

- walking/running with pistol behind back
- climbing up ledges at an angle so he does the kick up.
- rolling over a ledge/car (take cover, than press up + O or B)
- pistol execution, (press melee with pistol out while in combat)
- the assorted animations Aiden reacting to explosions when you are running.
- running and vaulting over slightly longer barriers, he does that gymnastic move.

I was running once, jumped off a ledge, Aiden was scrambling his hands on the ground in front of him to maintain his balance and continue running.

Thought that was cool and I only remember seeing it once, never saw that animation too often, he usually rolled or something.

The drinking game trophy will be the death of me. I keep reading that it doesn't get hard until pawnee level 6... I just lost on level 4 5 times and gave up for the night =\ Now to do some irl drinking.

wowlace

Just finished the main mission line. Overall I thought is was good/solid. Nowhere near as bad as some have described. Will play WD2 for sure.

Did I miss something, where was that guy with the glasses that Aiden pulls the gun on in the first gameplay trailer we saw years ago? I think it was in the nightclub.

SJRB

Gold Member
Just finished the main mission line. Overall I thought is was good/solid. Nowhere near as bad as some have described. Will play WD2 for sure.

Did I miss something, where was that guy with the glasses that Aiden pulls the gun on in the first gameplay trailer we saw years ago? I think it was in the nightclub.

Joseph DeMarco. He's still in the game, gets hinted at throughout the story but he's "demoted" to a side mission.

Portugeezer

Dat 5/10 thread.

Noticed the license plate N3X US last night. I know there is a reason for it but my work filters wont let me see the sites that show the explanation. Can anyone elaborate on what this is referencing?

krae_man

Man that fixer contract where you have to escape a police chase in a stolen cop car is bullshit. I think the game just fucks with you for an hour and a dozen tries then goes "okay we'll let you escape now".

When it finally let me escape what I had done was nothing compared to the previous hour I'd been trying. Game just automatically knew where I was no matter what.

SJRB

Gold Member
Man that fixer contract where you have to escape a police chase in a stolen cop car is bullshit. I think the game just fucks with you for an hour and a dozen tries then goes "okay we'll let you escape now".

When it finally let me escape what I had done was nothing compared to the previous hour I'd been trying. Game just automatically knew where I was no matter what.

I agree it feels scripted at times where the AI just automatically knows where you are no matter what you try. I guess their point was to make it a hectic adrenalin-rush experience but in the end it kind of betrays its own "hide" mechanics.

Kinda weird indeed.

Setsuna

I noticed that when i was doing a fixer contract in pawnee

I pulled into a construction site and hid beside a container and then one of the following cars pulled in on the other side. We then spent the next 5 minutes in a little dance. I would go forward and he would reverse. i would reverse and he would go forward.

Ubisoft really need to fix some of these weird issues in the next watch dogs

krae_man

I think the game glitched out on me. There were several occasions where I tried to hide somewhere and everybody stopped right where I was and waited. After several minutes I said "Fuck this" and left and as I left the alertness triangle thing popped up and filled. Really?

Are their ctos towers in the main game? I unlocked 13 already and I can't see the 6th of the 7 dead bodies on the map. I found 5 of them and I want to finish this investigation. I guess I could just use a FAQ.

SJRB

Gold Member
I think the game glitched out on me. There were several occasions where I tried to hide somewhere and everybody stopped right where I was and waited. After several minutes I said "Fuck this" and left and as I left the alertness triangle thing popped up and filled. Really?

Are their ctos towers in the main game? I unlocked 13 already and I can't see the 6th of the 7 dead bodies on the map. I found 5 of them and I want to finish this investigation. I guess I could just use a FAQ.

Those unlock as you progress through the main campaign, they're not all available from the start. Which makes kinda sense if you think about it.

Yeah, i thought the same thing. But the campaign unlocks the ending missions and they are fun as some bring a cool bang to the end of looking for them

krae_man

Man the final serial killer investigation was a huge letdown.

Just a regular crime prevention thing? All I did was knock him down with by baton. He's not dead. Is he really going to stop killing people because I hit him with a stick a few times?

Part way through act 3 and have completed every side mission there is. Just main story and the mini games now. Wow up to 34 hours.

Montresor

Trials Fusion and Watch Dogs season passes have been absolutely horrible. Where is any of the meaningful content? I'm glad I did not buy either of them.

leng jai

Man the final serial killer investigation was a huge letdown.

Just a regular crime prevention thing? All I did was knock him down with by baton. He's not dead. Is he really going to stop killing people because I hit him with a stick a few times?

Part way through act 3 and have completed every side mission there is. Just main story and the mini games now. Wow up to 34 hours.

Yeah, massively underwhelming. The payoff at the end should have been a 30 minute fleshed out side mission.

MAX PAYMENT

Is it just me or this game no really that good?
It's just not doing I for me.

It just feels really underwhelming as an open world game.

I feel like I've had better car chases and shoot outs elsewhere.

And hacking doesn't really add anything to the game. Open bridges, barriers, and an occasional wall explosion? It's uninteresting.

And the characters/story feel meaningless. I don't even care to remember anyone's names and I do not understand anyone's motivations.

krae_man

The heavy duty Michelin men guards sound like Evil Mistress Helga's final form in Revolution X when they do their death scream when you kill them with explosions. I keep expecting them to say "It's only a flesh wound!"

What was the point of the hacking in the human trafficking side quest? If you're not even going to include any puzzle, why do it at all?

Calmine

Wow just finished it on PC what a great ending. Nice touch at end there Ubisoft, I really liked how the game literally crashes during the
deadsec speech.

Overall though kinda meh.

RyudBoy

After a 2 week break from playing and getting a new controller, I finally beat the last drinking game in Pawnee just now, thus earning the last achievement that I needed. It's the first game that I bothered to get 1000/1000 points on XB1.

I had a lot of fun with WD but please, no more drinking games in WD 2.

DodgerSan

Just started this on PS4 and have an issue.

Every car I get into just takes off by itself, as if I have RT held down. RT works perfectly fine in all other games, so I don't think its faulty.

Anyone else have this? Is it a setting somewhere?

krae_man

Took me over an hour to clear a poker table. I went all in on pocket aces and lost, split 3 pots in a row going all in because the cpu had the exact same hand, got the last guy to barely over the big blind in chips and he won 4 all in hands in a row. Finally managed to get a straight and a flush in consecutive hands and get called going all in.

Top Bottom