• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

kriskrosbbk

To the folks that are going digital.Which one are you getting lads?Regular or Deluxe?
No Gold for EU unfortunately.

Is this worth the extra £5?I took the below info from the Amazon site.Can anyone confirm this is indeed included in the Deluxe one.

Watch_Dogs Deluxe Edition includes the following bonus items:

WHITE HAT Pack:
o 60 minutes additional gameplay
o Rewards:
- White Hat Hacker Outfit
- HACK BOOST: Add 1 battery slot
THE PALACE Pack:
o 20 minutes additional gameplay
o Rewards:
- INVESTIGATION BONUS: Unlock more investigation opportunities inside the network databanks.
- ATM HACK BOOST: Boost your cash rewards when hacking bank accounts.
SIGNATURE SHOT Mission:
o Rewards:
- VICEROYS OUTFIT
- BIOMETRIC RIFLE
BREATHROUGH Pack:
o 15 minutes additional gameplay
o Reward: VEHICLE EXPERT PERK: Get free vehicles from your Underground Car Contact and earn discounts on select cars.
CLUB JUSTICE PACK
o Rewards: Chicago South Club Outfit
o Perk: Driving Master Perk: More Hit Points to Vehicles

dex3108

To the folks that are going digital.Which one are you getting lads?Regular or Deluxe?
No Gold for EU unfortunately.

Is this worth the extra £5?I took the below info from the Amazon site.Can anyone confirm this is indeed included in the Deluxe one.

Watch_Dogs Deluxe Edition includes the following bonus items:

WHITE HAT Pack:
o 60 minutes additional gameplay
o Rewards:
- White Hat Hacker Outfit
- HACK BOOST: Add 1 battery slot
THE PALACE Pack:
o Rewards:
- INVESTIGATION BONUS: Unlock more investigation opportunities inside the network databanks.
- ATM HACK BOOST: Boost your cash rewards when hacking bank accounts.
SIGNATURE SHOT Mission:
o Rewards:
- VICEROYS OUTFIT
- BIOMETRIC RIFLE
BREATHROUGH Pack:
o 15 minutes additional gameplay
o Reward: VEHICLE EXPERT PERK: Get free vehicles from your Underground Car Contact and earn discounts on select cars.
CLUB JUSTICE PACK
o Rewards: Chicago South Club Outfit
o Perk: Driving Master Perk: More Hit Points to Vehicles

Generally additional pre-order missions for Ubisoft games are short and nothing special. You can skip it in my opinion. You can buy Season Pass if you want them all.

Also guys/girls it seams that Ask for Help option from last year E3 demo is gone. Ubisoft guys are avoiding to answer my question about that option.

kriskrosbbk

Wait.What?

Despite both Sony and Ubisoft stating that Watch Dogs would not be available for pre-download, it seems that with the game is indeed available for pre-download over in Europe.

Reports are coming in saying that those who pre-ordered in Europe are able to download the game now.

Reddit user ControllerMartin posted images and a video showing that the game is indeed available for pre-download.

http://mp1st.com/2014/05/21/watch-d...gs-available-pre-download-europe#.U33adPmSxG0

Tc91

The way I see it is that there's no need to buy it before the reviews. I have PSN cards so if I do get it I'll be downloading the PS4 version (Got some points cards waiting to be redeemed) and you can't pre-load PS4 games anyway so I won't be able to buy it until the reviews go live even if I wanted to. I am quite liking what I'm seeing but I'm not sure if I'm liking it enough.

Yeah once the reviews hit and it's all calmed down, more streams pop up I might be tempted.

Farks!

I'm on the fence about this game. The concept of an open world hacker game is interesting enough, but is that really what it is? Judging by the gameplay I've seen it looks more like a GTA-clone with hacking as a sideshow that consists mostly of "press X to change traffic lights". Not to mention the "story". Why 'o why do devs and publishers keep pushing cutscenes with contrived character mellodrama that has little to nothing to do with the gameplay experience?

jiiikoo

Banned
Is there a Deluxe edition in the US SEN store? I couldn't find it. I live in the EU but I'd much rather buy it from the US store and save money.

cackhyena

Watching that 360 stream a bit before it got take down. I liked that the guy was genuinely trying to infiltrate as sneaky as possible. Silenced weapon, slinking around, using the cameras wherever possible to gain an advantage. Nice difference from just guns blazing. If you can treat a lot of scenarios with that kind of care...well,I'll still get it on the cheap, but I'd look a little more forward to it.

kriskrosbbk

I just preordered the Deluxe edition and can confirm that preload is N/A.I have a timer to 27th instead and an automatic download set for then.

mrtoaster

Neo Member

QXD4ShF.gif

Definitely will get WD later on when it is cheaper. I was really excited for it, but I recently finished AC IV and while it is a very good game, for me as a completionist it was just horrific to finish it 100%. Afterwards there is the multiplayer which IMHO is just mediocre and crammed full of stuff, too. Characters, perks, styles, stuff to read etc. I mean all this collectibles, sidequests and stuff to do in the world is just over-the-top. While I basically praise additional content in this case it didn't add any worthy to the game. It got just longer and bored the crap out of me. Freedom Cry was just awesome, had the right play time and felt like a real addition to the game. In fact I loved it more than the main game.

Same goes for Rayman Legends with the achievement which requires you to get from awesome level 10 to 11, which takes over 11 weeks if you manage to get a gold trophy in the everyday challenges.

Ubi said WD's story will take ~30hrs and all the additional stuff up to 70hrs. No way I'm gonna play this anytime soon.

IMHO it seems that Ubi tries to force players to play their games as long as possible to avoid that players will sell their games after finishing the story. I'm basically fine with this, but not if it is just for content's sake, but no fun at all or at best mediocre.

Man you're crazy if you're upset an open world game is 30-70hrs long. It just took me 100hrs just for dark souls 2. I'm sure gta 5 is longer... For open world games the longer the better... If its not repetitive and stays fresh

cackhyena

Man you're crazy if you're upset an open world game is 30-70hrs long. It just took me 100hrs just for dark souls 2. I'm sure gta 5 is longer... For open world games the longer the better... If its not repetitive and stays fresh

Without something like Euphoria, I can't even picture that being a thing. I don't know how someone can spend that long with a single game that isn't named SF4 don't judge me just let me judge you.

Smash88

Banned
Watch Dogs Stream:

Quote to see. He is near the end of the game - obvious spoilers. Ubisoft won't be able to take this one down, I promise you that.

He finished the game as of 11am EST - spoilers should be done.

I'm on the fence about this game. The concept of an open world hacker game is interesting enough, but is that really what it is? Judging by the gameplay I've seen it looks more like a GTA-clone with hacking as a sideshow that consists mostly of "press X to change traffic lights". Not to mention the "story". Why 'o why do devs and publishers keep pushing cutscenes with contrived character mellodrama that has little to nothing to do with the gameplay experience?

Because it's easy :/

As open world games go, I would compare it more to Sleeping Dogs than GTA. The game is very ground level. For example you just can't jack a helicopter or a plane and take off into the skies like in GTA. The city just isn't as open.

fritzo

peeps on PS4 have been live streaming this and they are getting banned pretty quickly. I don't see the point of banning the streams. Let people watch and decide for themselves. And there are people who just want to watch the game. That's why TWITCH is so popular. Let the people watch and enjoy. If they are afraid of spoilers they can just block certain scenes like on other PS4 games. I buying it, and I would like to watch also.

peeps on PS4 have been live streaming this and they are getting banned pretty quickly. I don't see the point of banning the streams. Let people watch and decide for themselves. And there are people who just want to watch the game. That's why TWITCH is so popular. Let the people watch and enjoy. If they are afraid of spoilers they can just block certain scenes like on other PS4 games. I buying it, and I would like to watch also.

indeed, when the only streams/footage people can find are 360 version on bad capture cards, that clearly doesn't do your game any good.

Top Bottom