• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watermelon Appreciation Thread - King Kunta(loupe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've had oranges, with their citrus-y, pedestrian flavor. Bananas taste bland and cake your mouth with their mush. Pineapples are great, with their cactus like exteriors that punish you for trying to eat them.
But have you thought to call, upon the grandest fruit of all?
That's right, the watermelon!
d3fOHSP.jpg

Did you know? Watermelons can grow to weigh in excess of 200 pounds!
Watermelon taste sweet, even better they are rich in lycopene, an important mineral for cardiovascular health, and best of all, they have no external protuberances with which to prick you!
GOJsd7x.jpg

Did you know? In japan there are square ones!
Their seeds are a handy and easy to use projectile when someone is annoying you, but you can always go seedless, I'm not telling you how to live your life. It's not like a melon will start to grow in your belly ;)
6Svsn2P.jpg

Did you know? Minute Maid watermelon juice isn't all it's cracked up to be. If you read the list of ingredients on the side of the carton, it mentions that apple and grape juice concentrate, of all things, is included! These fraudsters at minute maid corp thing they can fool the enterprising watermelon connoisseur and include inferior fruits into their product and no one will be able to tell the difference! Say no to these deceptive business practices and say no minute maid juice.
IT3SFc2.jpg

Did you know? Some watermelon fruit is yellow.
So here we are, near to the end of this journey. No one can dispute that watermelons are wonferful, refreshing and versatile foodstuffs that far and away blow every other produce out of the water. They are healthy, tasty, and don't suck like oranges do. Whether you eat it with seeds or without, red or yellow, square or round, know that you partake of the undisputed king of fruit. As long as it doesn't come in a carton ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-eitsutpOc
No hate. Petey teaches us to be proud and the correct way of eating watermelon.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Good fruit.

The closer to the "rind" the better. Fuck all that bubbly / fuzzy feeling fleshy shit in the centre.

My favorite fruit. I'll sometimes eat it a little salt or if I feel like going all out I'll cut it into little cubes and add some salt, lemon and tapatío or Pico de gallo chili powder.

Good fruit.

The closer to the "rind" the better. Fuck all that bubbly / fuzzy feeling fleshy shit in the centre.

You obviously haven't had a good one, what you described is an overripe watermelon.

A 10lb (4.5kg) watermelon is like 1300 calories. If I get stranded on an island I hope it is full of watermelon because I could probably easily live off it and never get sick of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom