• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wee! 4 hour Marvel vs. Capcom 2 versus marathon!

Alucard

Banned
A buddy of mine came over to help me stay up tonight since I'm on nights this week and need to get used to it. We fired up the Dreamcast, played about an hour of Power Stone, and then another 4 of MvC2. Damn that game is great. I got it a while back but never got too serious about it. The versus play makes all the difference. It's just a shame that so many of the characters feel totally useless (I'm looking at Storm and Omega Red here). Anyways, I got smoked repeatedly but still had a ton of fun. It just sucks that I really only know one friend who's remotely into fighting games and is competent at them too. It was the best gaming I'd done in months. And now it's 4:30am and I'm still not tired and am thinking of going back downstairs and unlocking a few more characters before heading off to bed. Thanks Capcom.

Rorschach

Alucard said:
A buddy of mine came over to help me stay up tonight since I'm on nights this week and need to get used to it. We fired up the Dreamcast, played about an hour of Power Stone, and then another 4 of MvC2. Damn that game is great. I got it a while back but never got too serious about it. The versus play makes all the difference. It's just a shame that so many of the characters feel totally useless (I'm looking at Storm and Omega Red here). Anyways, I got smoked repeatedly but still had a ton of fun. It just sucks that I really only know one friend who's remotely into fighting games and is competent at them too. It was the best gaming I'd done in months. And now it's 4:30am and I'm still not tired and am thinking of going back downstairs and unlocking a few more characters before heading off to bed. Thanks Capcom.
Storm is a top tier character. :p A lot of people use Magneto/Storm/Psylocke combo.

Alucard

Banned
I'm a big fan of Marrow myself. But I still suck at the game so what would I know about top tier characters? Haha. I tried Storm a few times and just found her useless. I don't care if she can fly around or not. :p

AniHawk

I got back into this game about 3 weeks ago and have been trying to rack up points to unlock the costumes (15 more to go!).

My beginning team was Cable/Cyclops/Iron Man (or War Machine), and I used them for a good long time. Recently though I've been trying to improve my close range combat and usually use a Charlie/Ryu/Akuma or Ryu/Dan/Akuma or Bonbon/Felicia/Cammy combo.

The computer kicks my ass whenever it has Gambit, Omega Red, or M. Bison at the higher stages.

Alucard

Banned
Holy crap, Magneto is awesome in this game. Just unlocked him today and he's a total powerhouse. I can see experienced players totally owning with him. Silver Samurai seems okay too. Hrm. Still need to try out B.B. Hood. My favourite team at the moment is Magneto, Ryu, and Juggernaut.

AniHawk

Alucard said:
Holy crap, Magneto is awesome in this game. Just unlocked him today and he's a total powerhouse. I can see experienced players totally owning with him. Silver Samurai seems okay too. Hrm. Still need to try out B.B. Hood. My favourite team at the moment is Magneto, Ryu, and Juggernaut.

"Play time is ended." :D

Hero

Cable/Sentinel/CapCom = 0wnage

AHVB is the most broken super in the game. How broken, you ask? So broken it links to itself multiple times!!

And if you want to really piss off some scrubs, have Juggernaut as a dash assist. Juggernaut Punch is his best assist attack, as he takes multiple hits, covers your main character, and does ridiculous damage. Plus you can glitch for more damage.

8bit

Knows the Score
WANNA TAKE YOU FOR A RIDE!

explodet

I piss off my friends by beating them with Servbots. But they are weaksauce when it comes to fighting games. So that makes it okay.

8bit said:
If it wasn't for the mute button I would have put my foot through my Dreamcast a long time ago.

Good game, but I LOATHE the soundtrack.

AniHawk

8bit said:

TIMES ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND MILLION.

Is great. Still not perfect (minor censoring) but better than DC version.

Heh, what'd they censor? I'm considering picking the game up since I like Capcom fighters even though I'm not very good at them.

Ferrio

Banned
AniHawk said:
TIMES ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND MILLION.

Heh, what'd they censor? I'm considering picking the game up since I like Capcom fighters even though I'm not very good at them.

They censored Urien's timeup pose (grabs his arms, and rips his skin till he starts bleeding). It was censored in the DC version too.

Here it is

urientimeloss.gif

LakeEarth

Thanks for the avatar idea.

Anyways, I love the game. If you are expecting well balanced characters, forget it. Just have fun.

Alucard

Banned
Yeah, I'm not terribly good at the game or anything, but I still have fun with it. Actually, I'm pretty weaksauce and play on the lower difficulty levels. Haha.

SF3: 3rd Strike and Garou: Mark of the Wolves are probably two of my favourite technical 2d fighters.

AniHawk

Alucard said:
Yeah, I'm not terribly good at the game or anything, but I still have fun with it. Actually, I'm pretty weaksauce and play on the lower difficulty levels. Haha.

This describes me!

Recently though I could probably do it on normal levels without getting my ass kicked TOO much, if I lowered the damage level (I have it set on MAX).

Top Bottom