• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weekend HaloGaf Thread of Spartans and Dinosaurs (All Welcome To Join)

big ander

ZayneH said:
:lol

If that actually did happen, I want a film clip. If not, the idea is funny enough to laugh at.
I wish it had. I'm betting merguson could do it with how much time he normally spends driving for pink team.

I'm gonna be on within the hour if all goes to plan. Later than I thought.

Kinosen

Neo Member
Great games guys, had a lot of fun. I got Halo 3 with ODST so there were a bunch of gametypes I hadn't seen before. Hopefully I'll have more time next week.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Low turnout, unfortunately. Nothing we could have done about that.

Kinosen said:
Great games guys, had a lot of fun. I got Halo 3 with ODST so there were a bunch of gametypes I hadn't seen before. Hopefully I'll have more time next week.

Thanks for showing up! With custom., We try to play various maps and game types not found in matchmaking and some favorites and vhfive has bunch of redone standard maps so plenty of variety.

You'd be more than welcome back next week.

Gui_PT said:
That was awesome.

We need more players next time though =\

"That's the worst yoda I've ever heard. You sound like a depressed Kermit the Frog" :lol :lol

:D

Yes, will have more players next time. Hopefully. =)

Blueblur1

I would have stuck around but plans came up (and were somewhat deflated once I was already out the door). There's always next week. I'm online now if anyone wants to play though.

Tonight! No way could we run on hallow's eve. The turnout would be worse than last time. I think it'd just be you and I, Dani. :p

Sunday is probably better for more notice/preperation etc. but people will still be having the times of their lives, inebriated and merry while we sit waiting for more players. Got to be tonight. :p

You should probably go sleep right now. Me too; I've been awake for around 3 hours after a 12 hour sleep and I'm knackered. :(
I hate when I sleep right the way through customs.

Gui_PT

DiabolicalBagel said:
Tonight! No way could we run on hallow's eve. The turnout would be worse than last time. I think it'd just be you and I, Dani. :p

Sunday is probably better for more notice/preperation etc. but people will still be having the times of their lives, inebriated and merry while we sit waiting for more players. Got to be tonight. :p

You should probably go sleep right now. Me too; I've been awake for around 3 hours after a 12 hour sleep and I'm knackered. :(

I was going to ask if you celebrate Halloween over there.
But then i thought, wasn't Halloween originally from Scotland or Ireland?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
DiabolicalBagel said:

All fair points. :lol

So no on Halloween?

Considering the unpredictable numbers, might be safe to run on sunday or tonight.

DiabolicalBagel said:

I only got up 14 hours ago! =( I have like 4 hours of awake left, I think. @_@

Gui_PT said:
I was going to ask if you celebrate Halloween over there.
But then i thought, wasn't Halloween originally from Scotland or Ireland?
Lol, yup. It sure is.

You guys should try sleeping at night
Uhhh, I hit the sack at a normal time last night... well, abnormal I suppose considering the subject. :p
The night is just so much better than the day.

Dani said:
So no on Halloween?
Yeah, let us run it tonight.

I only got up 14 hours ago! =( I have like 4 hours of awake left, I think. @_@
You woke up at 0:30am? I like your style. ;)

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
We may have to forego EuroGAF Customs infavour of regular Customs.

So tonight at the regular time? I suppose we could always run again on Sunday if people want.

big ander

Fun customs/matchmaking tonight. Except for those 2 or so games at the end where it felt like everybody was just a little off. I know I was playing like shit. Still, thanks for the good night of Halo.

Where are all the playlists that don't have Valhalla, Longshore, Sandbox, support 6 player teams and are objective only? It's not like I'm picky or anything but jeeez valhalla slayer over and over and over and over and then a bit more. :(

At least it was still a good laugh. GAF can make anything entertaining.

Gui_PT

Sorry for leaving guys. I had unforeseen problems to deal with =\
It's a shame, playing with you guys is always a lot of fun

So what was it like after I left?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
We had two customs games runs last night. Just when I thought everyone had left, along came some more. :lol

Twas fun, all 6+ hours of it, but by the end, I was so tired. @_@

Gui_PT said:
Sorry for leaving guys. I had unforeseen problems to deal with =\
It's a shame, playing with you guys is always a lot of fun

So what was it like after I left?

After everyone left, it was just me, Bagel and Total Sacrifice, we hopped into matchmaking, hopped out and after a while we had another five/six players. So the night continued!

DiabolicalBagel said:
Where are all the playlists that don't have Valhalla, Longshore, Sandbox, support 6 player teams and are objective only? It's not like I'm picky or anything but jeeez valhalla slayer over and over and over and over and then a bit more. :(

At least it was still a good laugh. GAF can make anything entertaining.

Valhalla/Longshore overkill last night, we even swapped out playlists but kept getting the same maps again and again. :lol

NOKYARD said:
i was total crap all night

but it was still great fun

In the last match of the evening, where you got split from the party to be on the other team, you guys slaughtered us on territories. =(

I'll be on tonight if anyone fancies some matchmaking fun or even a run through Halo 3's campaign for some achievements/meta score/skulls.

Gui_PT

I went to bed yesterday at 9 pm, just to rest for a while.

I woke up 13 hours later feeling hungover.

I don't drink.

I have lupus =(

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Just a reminder, EuroHaloGAF Customs starts in about 2 hours from now. We had a rather small showing from the Euro's last week, we need to make a bigger impression this week!

NOKYARD said:
customs tonight would be great!

i still need 4v4 and 5v5 2flag game films for my Atlas submission

Link us up to your map, I'll put it on my HDD so I don't forget. =)

Gui_PT

Dani said:
Just a reminder, EuroHaloGAF Customs starts in about 2 hours from now. We had a rather small showing from the Euro's last week, we need to make a bigger impression this week!

I'll be there if America's Next Top Model isn't on

Didn't we skip out on EuroCustoms entirely last week? Yup, bad turnout. :p

I'm there for Euro and the main event. :D

P.S. Don't worry, I won't be recording. Yesterday did have some gems though.

BB1 (yeah, you'll never figure out who that is!): "OH! I squished him! Squished him like a squishy, squishy, squishy, squishy, squishy, squishy bug! Squished him."

What were you thinking? :p (asides from that you squished him)

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
DiabolicalBagel said:
Didn't we skip out on EuroCustoms entirely last week? Yup, bad turnout. :p

I'm there for Euro and the main event. :D

P.S. Don't worry, I won't be recording. Yesterday did have some gems though.

BB1 (yeah, you'll never figure out who that is!): "OH! I squished him! Squished him like a squishy, squishy, squishy, squishy, squishy, squishy bug! Squished him."

What were you thinking? :p (asides from that you squished him)
:lol Upload it nao.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
ACE 1991 said:
I'm having a little party tonight, so I could bring 7 people playing on two consoles.

:eek:

Warfare 1918 + Trench Wars
FissionMailed Z (spawns need work)
Artichoktual
Corruo Sato
The Dock + Fun With Cones
Friedhof
The Cave + Bat Attack!
Dark Creek
Schism of Light

Oh my!

Popeck

It was nice playing with you guys. So many new gametypes for me. I had only played duck hunt, but Trench Wars and Jenga, DUDE!

Highlight of the night so far is definitely cone punching. :p CONE PUNCH!

That's a lie and everything was pretty great excluding 'Nades!!!!'

Roll on the main event!

Gui_PT

DiabolicalBagel said:
Highlight of the night so far is definitely cone punching. :p CONE PUNCH!

That's a lie and everything was pretty great excluding 'Nades!!!!'

Roll on the main event!

=(

Don't get me wrong, man. Cone punching is fantastic, definitely the most fun gametype, but compared to some of the hilarious games we had?
Jenga went very well tonight, lots of laughs . :)

I'd rate cone punching higher if I could also hit the cones out of the skybox like you. :p

We took a 10-20 minute break while we wait for some more people to get their asses into gear. :p

Gui_PT said:
Jenga's always a blast

Actually, every game with you guys is awesome
True. EuroGafCustoms is far more fun than the main event these days.

big ander

Gah, I really want to play, but I'm going to the football game and by the time I get on my xbox, I'll have less than an hour to play. I'll still get on for a bit.

Top Bottom