• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weekend HaloGaf Thread of Spartans and Dinosaurs (All Welcome To Join)

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Excellent stuff last night everyone. The EuroHaloGAF Customs seems to have expanded slightly from the last time, which is great!

The regular customs, despite starting an hour later than scheduled turned out a blast too!

I do apologise for crashing out relatively early, well it was after 5am here. I was struck down with the sudden and urgent need to sleep.

Some of the maps tonight were awesome, especially the Forge hub Halloween competition winner.

cave.jpg

Download here.

I do think we broke the spawns by having three teams rather than the expected two. :lol

Other maps featured: (Found on Forgehub)

Warfare 1918 + Trench Wars
Artichoktual
The Dock + Fun With Cones
Friedhof

Gui_PT

You guys played for 1 more hour after I left? Geez! Bet that was awesome.
Sorry for leaving but sleep was taking over mah bodey.

I think I made a new friend yesterday. I miss you Total Sacrifice!

HaloEuroGaf was probably the best one so far, but regular customs definitely wins. It's hard to play when you're constantly laughing. :lol

All the maps were awesome, especially that one with the broken spawns.
Can't wait for next week :D

big ander

I was only on for seven custom games. But it was a good night. That Valhalla game was fun, Vh BRs on Oh-my-god-my-eyes-they-burn (Whiteout) was interesting. Heretic and Pit and those two crypt maps were also really competitive and fun. I'd say the only game I hated was Assembly, because I've never understood that map, and I always get owned.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
NOKYARD said:
You guys should consider assembling a team or two for Cody Miller's 4v4 double elimination tournament based on the Mythic 2 maps. Should be fun.

I have that bookmarked and was going to throw around some suggestions during customs for a team or two. :D

We're open to suggestions tonight folks, but here's currently what we have

- Takeshi Fun Hil
- Jenga
- Blast Off!
- Leapfrog
- Duck Hunt
- Challenge map specials

In addition to the regular Slayer/Team Slayer shenanigans.

I wish we could have found more mini games for this week but I guess the quality of what we have makes up for it. :)

I'm trying to find more stuff right now but to no avail. Still got a few hours so I thought I'd give it a try.

Gui_PT

Dani said:
We're open to suggestions tonight folks, but here's currently what we have

- Takeshi Fun Hil
- Jenga
- Blast Off!
- Leapfrog
- Duck Hunt
- Challenge map specials
- Cone Fucking Punching

Fixed

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
DiabolicalBagel said:
I wish we could have found more mini games for this week but I guess the quality of what we have makes up for it. :)

I'm trying to find more stuff right now but to no avail. Still got a few hours so I thought I'd give it a try.

Ditto! >_<

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Good stuff guys, normal non Euro GAF Customs in under an hour's time.

Maybe we should merge the Euro/Non Euro customs from now on? If we choose a time that sits in the middle all should be fine.

vhfive

Dani said:
Good stuff guys, normal non Euro GAF Customs in under an hour's time.

Maybe we should merge the Euro/Non Euro customs from now on? If we choose a time that sits in the middle all should be fine.
i guess you can start it earlier but i dont think it would change much. most people aren't available until a bit later (us time). we usually see the most amount of players about an hour or 2 after regular customs start anyways. imo changing the starting time wont change the time where the most people are playing

zumphry

Banned
NOKYARD said:
Oh come on, they can be quite fun. You were talking about girls, right? :D

:lol

No. But fat chicks? Yes.

EDIT: Here's a cool picture I just took in Theater from the Mongoose games:

101313568-Full-1.jpg

So... customs starting... now. Everybody get on.

Edit: What the? This timestamp is wrong! I didn't forget to post here at 9pm and then only post now... this thing lies.

Curses. Now I know why the player count was so low.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
You mean EuroHaloGAF, amirite? Pity there was no one around for the Euro games this week. I'm sure the proper customs will make up for it. =)

In about hour and a half from now.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Customs Challenge Contest

win.jpg

I've decided to run a mini competition to promote the HaloGAF Customs night. Come have fun with us on Saturday evenings!

The Competition

Simply complete the level in the fastest possible time.

How?

Go to my fileshare and download the Dalo Cha gametype (King of the Hill variant) and Dalo Cha map (Sanbox variant).

Link:D

Show off your uber Chopper skills, reach the Hill at the end of the course, beat the clock, chalk up the fastest time and you win.

You must;

Use the chopper to navigate the course
Pick up the Overshield power-up near the end of the course
Win the match by standing in the hill (Hill time will be deducted for your final time)

Ain't no point in cheating, I'll spot it and it's lame.

Prize

The winner will recieve a copy of Star Wars : Knights of the Old Republic for the PC downloadable from Filefront (US only). Alternatively, an Xbox live prize (points, time, something. etc) may be offered. The real prize is bragging rights. ;)

Submission

Reply to the HaloGAF Custom thread with a link to a saved film in your fileshare or Bungie Pro render. Only open to register Neogaf users (worldwide).

Competition is open from NOW until 6AM GMT Monday morning.

No bitching please. Remember this is fun, happiness, shits and giggles, have fun. =)

I automatically win because I completed it while Dani was, intermittently, trying to kill me. :p

Oh, as for cheating... how can you cheat on that level? Did you not fix that shortcut we found?

Edit: Oh yeah, I can see the fix in one of the pictures now.

Hmmm how am I supposed to fix the overpowered hammer on my map? Lower zombie damage modifier?

edit: guess there is no way. I'll just need to move the area farther away.

big ander

I hate sharing an xbox. With 4 people wanting to play at my house, the wait can get pretty freaking long.
Hopefully I'll be on soon. Is anybody still on? I'll play even if it's just the screwing-around games. I just want to play some Halo.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
FYI, HaloGAF Customs won't start tonight until after the Reach footage goes live. Sucks, I know, but hey, least you all have some place to share your excitement whilst having some fun. =)

Also, tomorrow the latest HaloGAF Project will be revealed.

RTR.png

Custom HaloGAF medals, leaderboards, oh my! :D

WJD

Didn't see this until just now. I'm definitely up for both EuroGAF and normal GAF customs, I've only played one night before, but it was pretty fun!

Top Bottom