• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weekend HaloGaf Thread of Spartans and Dinosaurs (All Welcome To Join)

Gui_PT

DiabolicalBagel said:
4 people, 20 cones... 5 CONES EACH!!! YUSS!

Kickin' it oldschool :lol

My nephew just got a sudden interest in hitting me on the balls, just have to tire him out and I'll be there

big ander

Gui_PT said:
Kickin' it oldschool :lol

My nephew just got a sudden interest in hitting me on the balls, just have to tire him out and I'll be there
HIT HIM BACK AND TELL HIM WHOS BOSS
kidding don't abuse kids and stay in school

Gui_PT

big ander said:
HIT HIM BACK AND TELL HIM WHOS BOSS
kidding don't abuse kids and stay in school

I already knocked all of his teeth off. Nobody noticed because he's in that teeth losing age. Can't risk doing anything else to him =(

Gui_PT

We're basically going to spend all night playing on a tetris map/gametype. We tried it on EuroCustoms and everyone seemed to love it

Iseewhatyoudidthere.jpg

Gui_PT said:
We're basically going to spend all night playing on a tetris map/gametype. We tried it on EuroCustoms and everyone seemed to love it
I'm in EST and it's 8:32 pm right now....

How long until custom tonight? And may I join?
GT: Cuban Legend (if you add, msg 'gaf' so i know).

VeRKK

Neo Member
Anyone up for a Halo3 campaign run? had to make a new GT and i dont have my saves etc' if anyone want, send me a friend request: VeRKKlive.

-Mikey-

Picked up a 360 this week with ODST.

I'd love to get into a group of 4 for some Firefight or any other MP.

Gamertag: CanyonBehindHer

Gui_PT

I'll gladly help you guys out if I'm available

Post here whenever you want to play a bit and I'll get on if possible

Havent seen this thread in so long that I thought at one point that it was just a figment of my imagination even having posted in it before and not seeing it resurface or even get talked about in the other OTs for such a long while.

Gald to have found it once again, thanks to Dani. I guess seeing the recent surge in Customs interest and activity, among other things, It seems important that we now can stop mistakenly polluting the Reach OTs, and both collectively find better organization in Customs henceforth.

C'mon people we have the Customs passion, we can make it stronger, I don't want to see this thread die again! :'D

Doodis

How competitive are the HaloGAF custom games? I'd love to join in if it's all in good fun. But if people are worried about having noobs on their team bringing them down, it's probably not the place for me, as my skills aren't quite up to par.

Doodis said:
How competitive are the HaloGAF custom games? I'd love to join in if it's all in good fun. But if people are worried about having noobs on their team bringing them down, it's probably not the place for me, as my skills aren't quite up to par.
pfft, I've played the last two weekends and no one (outwardly) complained. All shapes and sizes, my friend. :D

Mik2121

Yup. I will stay around here.

The problem with this thread, or, this whole sub-forum, is that most of the people never even comes by, so a lot of HaloGAFers are missing on this.

But seeing how Cuban Legend is posting the links on the Reach thread, hopefully we get enough people around.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Mik2121 said:

The problem with this thread, or, this whole sub-forum, is that most of the people never even comes by, so a lot of HaloGAFers are missing on this.

But seeing how Cuban Legend is posting the links on the Reach thread, hopefully we get enough people around.

Well, as long as they come here once and subscribe it will work.

vhfive

oh hey this thread's back.

will try to get back for customs this weekend but there is a good chance I'll be getting super drunk playing poker at my friend's house instead

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Mik2121 said:

The things is, most of HaloGAF already know about Customs as we've been running it for so long. I'm pretty sure all of the regulars of HaloGAF know there's something going down every Saturday evening.

For those don't, or they forget or for new folks, it's been customary to post a single reminder or two in the main Halo thread maybe an hour or so before Customs starts as a heads up and link to this thread.

Like I said, most regulars already know about Customs regardless if they post in here or not but the reminder is usually enough for the folks unaware.

Mik2121

Dani said:
The things is, most of HaloGAF already know about Customs as we've been running it for so long. I'm pretty sure all of the regulars of HaloGAF know there's something going down every Saturday evening.

For those don't, or they forget or for new folks, it's been customary to post a single reminder or two in the main Halo thread maybe an hour or so before Customs starts as a heads up and link to this thread.

Like I said, most regulars already know about Customs regardless if they post in here or not but the reminder is usually enough for the folks unaware.
Ok. I didn't mean to change the way things are done, I've been around HaloGAF for just a bit over a week. I was just trying to help, but if everybody is already used to doing it this way, then that's ok to me too.

I've retracted everything I said before about the goodbye tour, as that was all done without Dani's consent.

If you wish to bring a name to the new influx of possible Remake maps upon your approval to fruition Dani, that's fine with me, I did not mean to unanimously name it something of my own will.

I will redraw a formal proposal(s) to do things right this time from the start. :D Here we go.

---
- I'd like to propose that other members of HaloGAF be able to suggest maps to add to the current rotation of favorites, though a play-testing and tweaking process, as to avoid premature exposure to unfinished or unpolished experiences (ie: my Hang Em High gaffe).
- This way we can play current maps so we can make sure we include old favorites and at the same time don't pass up on new experiences that could become those old favorites.

---
I'd then like to formally propose the following:

- I will redraw plans for a proper proposition of new Maps not currently on the GAF Rotation which consists mainly of Remake maps and throwbacks to Classic maps with a Halo 3 twist.
- If you approve the list, I'd like to ask for approval to formally ask the HaloGAF community for interest in play-testing on weekdays.
- If play-testing is approved for a map, play-testing will be carried out during the weekdays leading to the Customs weekend and will consist of some light play-testing before or after a Light Customs meet up on said day as a warmup/cooldown if desired.
- If anything comes up in play-testing it will be addressed in Forge via tweaking sessions.
- If maps then pass play-testing and tweaking, I will propose them formally and directly to you for final say in the matter of going live with the map on Customs nights.
- If all goes well we can go live with 1 or maybe 2 new maps the community has passed (or maybe just new gametypes within a map) every weekend on Customs Nights.

---
This is a separate proposal:

- I'd like to propose that map selection/hosts be organized in Archival fashion some way.
- I mean for there to be multiple GAFers with all the GAF Rotation Maps in their HDD in case you cannot or would rather not host the Party for any reason on or during GAF Customs Night.
- This way, we don't have to switch host to someone or be dependent on someone just to play a certain map/ gametype when the community desires it. the community doesn't miss out on a specific favorite map just becasue someone else is hosting. And everyone's favorites cane get to be played no matter who is host.
- This way the host is truly just as important a participant in Customs as teh community who selects what to do next and so host is middleman between the community gathered on that Customs Night and what they want to play; Whether Customs specifically or Matchmaking.
-Members who participate should be able to become Archive holders voluntarily, or via proposing to Dani said desire.
-This way we can have multiple people hosting throughout the night so that when one person happens to leave the party can go on without leading to joining the assahts usually found in matchmaking, unless that is desired, lol.

----
Tonight

I'll in Forge Tweaking maps to propose this weekend for next weekend's Customs Night, until about 1 1/2 hours from now @ 9PM EST when I'll join a few lurkers who have added my XBL along with Monolith Gui and anyone interested with me in a "Light Customs Night" (if i can call it that). We might even just do some play-testing of finished proposal Remake maps if they ask. All are invited.

A friend close to me had a medical emergency and is in the hospital.

Sorry folks, this was an unknown that I could not predict, I'm also sad I can't forge more that i thought and I can't participate with you guys... I hope you all understand.

If you want look @ any Remake maps from the playtest yesterday, check you recent maps/gametypes. I'll postpone my Forge/Customs availability until ~11:00PM EST tonight when my shift with my friend is up for the night and I'm home.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Cuban Legend said:
A friend close to me had a medical emergency and is in the hospital.

Sorry folks, this was an unknown that I could not predict, I'm also sad I can't forge more that i thought and I can't participate with you guys... I hope you all understand.

If you want look @ any Remake maps from the playtest yesterday, check you recent maps/gametypes. I'll postpone my Forge/Customs availability until ~11:00PM EST tonight when my shift with my friend is up for the night and I'm home.

Hope all is well bud.

Well good news, among bad news. He's alright. But he passed 3 kidney stones this evening. He's awake I spoke to him before he started resting in the hospital with family near him.

Which means I don't have to go to be with him unless they need me, but I'll be on call until 11:00 PM EST. So, Good news is I can be on until I get called if i do. :D

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Cuban Legend said:
Well good news, among bad news. He's alright. But he passed 3 kidney stones this evening. He's awake I spoke to him before he started resting in the hospital with family near him.

Which means I don't have to go to be with him unless they need me, but I'll be on call until 11:00 PM EST. So, Good news is I can be on until I get called if i do. :D

It's just kidney stones?

Pah, getting on.

Edit: well I was till I saw no one is on.

Not even 20 yet and hes already got more stones in him than he has years of age. Never seen him more scared in his life. I got on at 11, as scheduled, but played a bit with Letters and some RL friend of mine. btw Letters sorry for those games, my friend was terrible but at least we got some good fun out of it.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Cuban Legend said:
Dudes not even 20 yet and hes already got 20 plus stones they found in him. Never seen him more scared in his life.

I got on at 11 but played a bit with Letters and some RL friend of mine. btw Letters sorry for those games, my friend was terrible but at least I got some good fun out of it.

Wonder if he's not drinking enough water, 20 sounds a bit extreme. Luckily I've never had to deal with those.

They going to ultrasound them out of him?

He's a hardcore Mountain Dew Drinker, yeah. He'll listen after he passe that first big stone that's up next.

I'm on now, doing 2 player Forging techniques on my own. For GAF! :[

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Cuban Legend said:
He's a hardcore Mountain Dew Drinker, yeah. He'll listen after he passe that first big stone that's up next.

I'm on now, doing 2 player Forging techniques on my own. For GAF! :[

Uhg, he better hope they smash them with ultrasound before he passes them if it's a big one.

It doesn't take much to put a man in the fetal position.

My brother had them when we were kids, looked painful as hell.

I've had some that were .2's and they hurt more than anything I could ever imagine. His next one on the way is a .4. I once asked a relative who recently gave birth to her first child but also passed stones before in life, and she said stones were worse. Anywasy, enough of that, lurkers must all be WTFBBQing by now.

See you all in Customs tomorrow (technically Today, Saturday) Night, I'll be on Forge all day tomorrow preparing more maps.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Hope everything is well with your buddy Cuban. Nice proposals there. I'm unsure about having multiple hosts all with a complete map list, I don't know about many other folks but I have little to no room on my HDD for more maps (well, I do but you know how Halo 3 limits the content).

Doodis said:
Cuban, are you the man I should be messaging when I get on later? Who's running this show?
Dani is leader of the show but if he's not on when time comes anyone who you see online after zero hour should be fair game to message or even dropping in on the Party.

From now wtill Zero Hour I'll be Forge Tweaking a little Nostalgic Surprise I haven't shown anyone yet in an open party, lets hope I can fix the spawns and weapon sets on this map into shape/for GAF before tonight if GAF is up for it. Anyone wanting to preview/playtest the surprise or even help me replacing weapons/spawns if I'm not through yet is welcome to. If I'm AFK feel free to mess around until I return in less than 25 minutes.

Let me know what you think about those proposals Dani, sooner I may get the ball rolling on the Remake Proposal List the sooner GAF can test their worthiness on weekdays for a possible Customs Night appearance in the future, btw you get my PM response (my net was lagging when i sent it and I didn't save a a copy)?

Quick Update Edit: I missed customs tonight obviously, I'm glad to hear some of OldHaloGAF and NewHaloGaf harmonized well for massive fun! :)

Ironically @ 9PM EST on the dot I was called to the hospital. I witnessed my friend pass the .4 stone and it was not pretty, he was holding my hand and almost broke my little holocaust thin arms with his death grip. Apparently the medicine (think morphine-like pain reviler) they gave to him that's known to knock out pain from passing kidney stones had no effect he's recovering ... I hope he's now developed a phobia of Soda from now on, for my bristle arms sake at least.

Teknoman

From tonights customs:

8yuxc4.jpg

21d54l0.jpg

20z4o5z.jpg

2drx3x5.jpg

Also Neoism(Blue Team) pulls a Neo :lol

From this:

21l1xjb.jpg

to this:

33aywzd.jpg

and i'm still not sure how we ended up here: