• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

welcome to the carnival of stupid

neo2046

hrsk8a603fcs5apldim3.gif
hrsk8a603fcs5apldim3.gif
hrsk8a603fcs5apldim3.gif

Loudninja

Amir0x said:
No I said MGS4 would go to 360 waaaay before the FFXIII announcement. Of course, this might not be that - don't want to jump ahead of myself - but IF it is, again, Sony has only themselves to blame.

They led two generations, got a bit arrogant and thought consumers would buy their overpriced system blindfolded, and (putting this announcement aside) have been paying for it this entire gen.

Hopefully everything as a whole teaches them a lesson. Nintendo had to learn a lesson too, and they've certainly become more successful as a result...whatever you think of their direction.

Looks like my post keeps being more and more prescient. Cry cry.

You already did. :p

Autofokus

I´m only running a PS3/PC Combo, but more people should be able to experience the masterpiece MGS4 is.

Port teh shit out of it, Kojima.

Puck

Banned
Amir0x said:
Looks like my post keeps being more and more prescient. Cry cry.
I played the game 6 months ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. I think you need to play and enjoy some games.

Amir0x

Banned
Loudninja said:
You already did. :p

Well the entire thread is about speculating that MGS4 is coming to 360, so my entire post is framed around that speculation. IF it happens, that is what I think.

Puck said:
I played the game 6 months ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. I think you need to play and enjoy some games.

I play and enjoy more games than you, almost without doubt. That said, nobody is saying MGS4 was somehow less fun six months ago. I wish I had a PS3 at the time to play it, one of the few times that has happened (Wipeout and LittleBigPlanet being the other two), but it is not my fault the PS3 does not seem like a good value proposition to me yet. That's Sony's fault.

Anyway, going to work.

fanboi

Banned
Puck said:

You have a "junior" in you tag... somehow I find it hard for you to ever loose it :|

If this turns out to be Metal Gear Solid 4, (which I hope it isn't and is more something among the lines of a MGS3 remake) I refuse to buy it unless it's a director's cut that fixes the shitty story.

AmMortal

Banned
mgs4 owners, do you want it to be an additional act / DLC?

or do you want it to be on the 360 too, so that this awesome game can sell even more??

If you don't, does that make you a fanboy?

fanboi

Banned
AmMortal said:

or do you want it to be on the 360 too, so that this awesome game can sell even more??

Since I'm a ego, and only have PS3, I go with DLC.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
AmMortal said:

Eh

Eh

Eh

I own 3 copies of MGS4, i did my part :)

Haunted

To be fair, I think this is about a spin-off a la Acid or Portable Ops. Or the announcement that Kojima will be returning for MGS5.

Amir0x said:
No I said MGS4 would go to 360 waaaay before the FFXIII announcement. Of course, this might not be that - don't want to jump ahead of myself - but IF it is, again, Sony has only themselves to blame.
Well, you could only say that because everyone else got banned for saying it. :(

Agreed with everything, though. What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Sony will come out strengthened from this generation's beating. Three generation rule holds, they'll have the chance to be on top again with the PS5.

Negaiido

AmMortal said:

Nope

Amir0x

Banned
Haunted said:
Well, you could only say that because everyone else got banned for saying it. :(

No i had to stop saying it too, but before that rule went into effect I said it a lot :lol

Again this is all pre-emptive backpatting though, it might be something really stupid and we'll all feel stupid afterwards :p

jakncoke

Banned
AmMortal said:

I can't see why any PS3 owner would get butthurt after all these months of being able to play the game, but ya know there will be many and ps3forums will flooded with tears...buy a fucking boat and a umbrella because so many tears will be flowing that they'll shoot into the sky and fall as bitter rain..heard it here first if you drown from the bitter tears/rain it's only your faults

Haunted

HUELEN10 said:
Are you serious? I have been here less than a year, so I might have missed it.
Of course not. :p Bannable to talk about the possibility of a 360 MGS4 port because there were too many speculation threads made. Kinda like Kotaku cake threads.

Amir0x said:
No i had to stop saying it too, but before that rule went into effect I said it a lot :lol

Again this is all pre-emptive backpatting though, it might be something really stupid and we'll all feel stupid afterwards :p
Very true! As I said, I don't even think this is about MGS4. Doesn't change the industry analysis as a whole, though. :)

HUELEN10

Do you know what I want it to be? A spin-off that looks like a scribbly drawing on Wii, kinda like Valkyria Chronicle's canvas engine, but more Kirby's Dreamland 3.

I would really really like that.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Is my list of "[3rd party] Reasons to buy a PS3" list from 2 years ago finally complete? :eek:

Or is Konami doing this on purpose? :lol

Negaiido

jakncoke said:
I can't see why any PS3 owner would get butthurt after all these months of being able to play the game, but ya know there will be many and ps3forums will flooded with tears...buy a fucking boat and a umbrella because so many tears will be flowing that they'll shoot into the sky and fall as bitter rain..heard it here first if you drown from the bitter tears/rain it's only your faults

I don't get why the PS3 should suffer every time? Won't 360 owners also cry over their loss if some franchise goes to the PS3? Oh wait.... that is impossible

FFChris

Ninja Kn1ght said:
I'm pretty sure this is going to be a new Ac!d game on iPhone

That seems most likely.

Once again, the whole of Gaf is getting worked up about something that probably isn't going to happen.

eznark

Banned
HUELEN10 said:
Do you know what I want it to be? A spin-off that looks like a scribbly drawing on Wii, kinda like Valkyria Chronicle's canvas engine, but more Kirby's Dreamland 3.

I would really really like that.

I think Silicon Knights may sadly have some free time

kbear

GenericPseudonym said:
Really if MGS4 does come to the 360 (still a massive if), does it really matter? I mean, just like the year old Oblivion and Bioshock ports, everyone who really wanted MGS4 already has played it or bought a PS3 for it. What's the point?
Normally I would agree but this is a monster exclusive. It's on another level compared to Oblivion and Bioshock (not saying it's a better game than those two). It would be akin to a blockbuster like Gears of War 2 being ported to the PS3.

Haunted

FFChris said:
That seems most likely.

Once again, the whole of Gaf is getting worked up about something that probably isn't going to happen.
It would be fucking boring otherwise.

Shadow780

AmMortal said:

Both sounds good, or just release the expansion on both platforms.

after that make ZOE3 damnit!

FFChris

Haunted said:
It would be fucking boring otherwise.

Good point, OMG it's coming to the 360, I fucking called it! Plus expansion missions making it better than the PS3 version!

Better?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Ninja Kn1ght said:
I'm pretty sure this is going to be a new Ac!d game on iPhone

Sounds good.
You are probably right.

HUELEN10

eznark said:
It wasn't a joke. They have a history with MGS and Nintendo...and also I don't think they are working on TH2 for me.
But SK working with Kojima Pro?

And on a Ninty system? Didn't they say they did not care for Ninty's new direction and that they were artists?

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
The Bookerman said:
Every power symbols' like this. You fail.

PS3 is white
Wii's on the wiimote is blue iirc (been a long ass time since i played with mine <_<; )
360 we all know is green

holmes1.jpg

Everyone but sony fans know it'll come sooner or later on 360

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
This is gonna become a console warz thread? One of those were tonz of users are banned?
bye bye then :D

Top Bottom