• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

welcome to the carnival of stupid

Really if MGS4 does come to the 360 (still a massive if), does it really matter? I mean, just like the year old Oblivion and Bioshock ports, everyone who really wanted MGS4 already has played it or bought a PS3 for it. What's the point?

Ploid 3.0

mr_nothin said:
3dmg428.gif

Omg the 360 rings are in the water!

I didn't want to bring that up :(

Proc

GenericPseudonym said:
Really if MGS4 does come to the 360 (still a massive if), does it really matter? I mean, just like the year old Oblivion and Bioshock ports, everyone who really wanted MGS4 already has played it or bought a PS3 for it. What's the point?

It might be more than a port.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
mj1108 said:
6 month timed exclusive? :D
According to that game.watch.impress article looks that they used the Playstation EDGE toolset... so port it to the 360 would be a major task.
They could do it, i mean Konami is a company and companies like money .:D

EDIT:please someone translate that article.

jts

...hate me...
God i hope in the name of the pure lulz that this ends up being a teaser for an action figure or some shit like that.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
GenericPseudonym said:

HOW DARE YOU!!!!

PS3 list

TEKKEN
FINAL FANTASY

ETCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Ploid 3.0

I just want to see if they can pull MGS4 off on 360. That's all I want. Also if MGO will be in the box. And what they will do about the KonamiID thing with MGO. There's so much good that can come out of a 360 port. It's win win, even if they pull everything off perfectly+.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
mj1108 said:
That would be even funnier and the meltdowns would be far greater.

Nah it wouldnt be half as bad it would just be........."er you wanna play MGS4 on the Wii............ ok then, good luck with that

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Has anyone made a MGST/MFST joke yet?

Really though, it'd be an epic fail on Microsoft's part if MGS4 wasn't ported to 360 at some stage. Even Xbox got MGS ports last gen. I dunno if this is that announcement or not...though I'm kind of surprised it hasn't happened already.

Kafel

Banned
GenericPseudonym said:

MGS4 is a PS3 selling point.

jts

...hate me...
gofreak said:
Has anyone made a MGST/MFST joke yet?

Really though, it'd be an epic fail on Microsoft's part if MGS4 wasn't ported to 360 at some stage. Even Xbox got MGS ports last gen. I dunno if this is that announcement or not...though I'm kind of surprised it hasn't happened already.
My first sex teacher? I'm a fan.

Kafel

Banned
Loudninja said:
It did its job already over 4 million sold and a PS3 boost.

Dont think any steam is left.

So you think every people wanting to play MGS4 already did ? Do you know the price of the PS3 ?

FrankT

mr_nothin said:
3dmg428.gif

Omg the 360 rings are in the water!

What

mj1108 said:
6 month timed exclusive? :D

Well, it would be right at the 6 month mark, but I would have thought the deal was at least a year. Then again, perhaps it simply could be not hitting another console for that long, but marketing before. Then again this could be anything really at this point as it could be a new one altogether or the rumored new ending coming Dec 12th. Whatever it is with what we have here it would seem signs point to something 360 however.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Kafel said:
So you think every people wanting to play MGS4 already did ? Do you know the price of the PS3 ?
I think his point was it wouldn't nearly hurt the sales of the PS3 as much as a simultaenous launch would have.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Shadow780 said:
not expensive, anyone with a normal job can afford it.
I own a PS3, but you're either out of touch or a Sony fanboy.

Shadow780 said:
not expensive, anyone with a normal job can afford it.

Bullshit. After taxes and living expenses video game consoles are a very low priority luxury that few are willing to invest over $250 in at any one time.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
MGS4 probably is gonna be a PS3 exclusive ,MGS5 not so much :D

This teaser site maybe is related to a mobile MGS.
Dudes ,if MGS4 is going to the Microsoft Console do you really think that is gonna be announced trough famitsu ? And not trough a MS PR guy going totally bonkers?!

If this is at all Metal Gear related, it's feeling more like just a port of Metal Gear Online, not MGS4 proper. If so, do you still care? :lol

Don't get me wrong, I actually really like MGO, but I doubt it'd be anything significant to the 360.

Amir0x said:
Just like I said.
Nice and high and far apart
Just like they said
I built this place with broken parts
Just like they said
You chip away the old version of you
You'd be surprised at what you can do
I'm safe in here
Irrelevant
Just like they said

Shadow780

Rez>You said:
I own a PS3, but you're either out of touch or a Sony fanboy.

get a better job.

GenericPseudonym said:
Bullshit. After taxes and living expenses video game consoles are a very low priority luxury that few are willing to invest over $250 in at any one time.

Bullshit, I found staying home and play video games are relatively cheap entertainment, other than watching TV and humping, that is.

Chris R

Sad thing is after I go to bed now and come back and read this thread again in 14 hours or whatever, It will be like at page 24 or 25 :(

Amir0x

Banned
Regulus Tera said:
When did you say it though? When the game was announced, or after FFXIII jumped the pond? Cause if it's the latter then that's cheating.

No I said MGS4 would go to 360 waaaay before the FFXIII announcement. Of course, this might not be that - don't want to jump ahead of myself - but IF it is, again, Sony has only themselves to blame.

They led two generations, got a bit arrogant and thought consumers would buy their overpriced system blindfolded, and (putting this announcement aside) have been paying for it this entire gen.

Hopefully everything as a whole teaches them a lesson. Nintendo had to learn a lesson too, and they've certainly become more successful as a result...whatever you think of their direction.

fanboi said:

Looks like my post keeps being more and more prescient. Cry cry.

DrPirate

Banned
I bought my PS3 at 400 bucks with about 2 weekends salary.

But I got lucky with tips that weekend.........

And had to buy the cheap steak.

Leonsito

Great thread to start the weekend :lol

I hope it's MGS4 for the X360, just for the laughs, I won't be buying it, that's for sure. Anyway, the PS3 got his sales boost, and every MGS fan already has bought the game, I don't think anyone will be very annoyed if the game goes multiplatform.

Top Bottom