• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

welcome to the carnival of stupid

Jocchan said:
At least you'd have Wii owners happy.
I think all "factions" need to be disappointed in order to get the biggest meltdowns.

It would break his one-sided recap.

You can just reread this page and see my recap is pretty accurate, minus the lame rrod jokes.. left those out so they could die.

Kyoufu

The power button is green and symbolizes "go". Go in Japanese means the number 5.

The plus indicates Portable Ops Plus director Yamamoto, who will be directing this? (Kojima has said he won't direct MGS5)

Thats all I got :(

KrawlMan

fin said:
I don't think it's an 'i' more likely an up-side-down !.

i + ! = |

Adding a ! to the 360 light should be taken as alerting 360 users, just like in the game.

I'd pay another $60 for the 360 version of MGS4, it'll give me a good reson to play through it again. It's that good. A Wii version? Not so much.

Why are so many people still insisting that this is the "360 light"?! Have you never seen that symbol before? It's been said so many times before in that thread, but that "power" symbol is pretty universal.

Right now in front of me I've got a Mac and 2 PCs that all have that power symbol. Not to mention that it's also on the Wii and PS3...

Oozer3993

MGS5 exclusive to Dreamcast 2. Believe it.

dfyb

Banned
KrawlMan said:
Why are so many people still insisting that this is the "360 light"?! Have you never seen that symbol before? It's been said so many times before in that thread, but that "power" symbol is pretty universal.

Right now in front of me I've got a Mac and 2 PCs that all have that power symbol. Not to mention that it's also on the Wii and PS3...
bubububut the color green was invented by microsoft as the exclusive color of their console!!!

KrawlMan said:

Don't worry you can sell your ps3 to gamestop, lololololol111!!!!11!!!!

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Byakuya769 said:
Recap

Poster 1 - LOL sony fans will get owned
Poster 2 - Yep 360!!!
Poster 3 - hahaha, sdf am cry?
Poster 4 - It will be for the Iphone
Poster 5 - Maybe DSi
Poster 6 - Damnit I bought a ps3 for nothing
Poster 7 - I can't wait for the ps3 fan bitter tears
Poster 8 - we do it for the lulz
Poster 9 - Where is Private Hoffman
Poster 10 - look at delusional ps3 fans trying to say its for the iPHONE or DSi, lol.. it's green fools!

so on and so on...

wait, saying it's for iPhone or DSi makes me a PS3 fan?

360... GREEN...RAWR !!1!1
angry.gif

Idiocy... smh

Minsc

Gold Member
I just hope they announce something definitive before everyone loses interest from waiting. I imagine by next week, if nothing further is announced, people will have stopped caring quite so much about this.

Unless Kojipro plans on updating over the weekend we're not going to get anywhere leaving this thread open. =/

Okay strike that my ignorelist is going places. Holy shit..

Zeliard

KrawlMan said:

I hate to propagate the "green meme", but seriously, the shit's green. The Wii and PS3 don't have icons that light up green. The PS3's doesn't even light up at all (not sure about Wii). The 360's does light up. Green. My PC has the same power icon and it lights up, but the bitch lights up blue. Regardless, that and all other electronics' power symbols are irrelevant, since Metal Gear is a console game.

I don't think it's a coincidence that so many people who looked at that power icon immediately thought of the 360. I'm not saying this actually has something to do with the 360, but Konami knew exactly what they were doing. And they're definitely enjoying the attention.

Raistlin

If it for 360 ... it will be funny when the xbots go out and buy it at full price without question, since they were the same people mocking PS3 owners for paying full price to play stuff like Bioshock.

lulz

KrawlMan said:
If only I owned a PS3 in the first place :(

Even better now you can say "if this happens there's no reason for me to buy a ps3", otherwise I'm going to have to stick you in the ps3 fanboy slot whether you own one or not. The choice is yours.

You guys are thinking big enough, this isn't MGS4 on X360 or MGSTriology this is MGS Tetris!<insert metal gear sound> You play as Sonny guiding mutated FoxDIE genes to keep Snake alive. Otacon provides you with info on the shape of the next genes and ofcourse moral support as your cheerleader with witty one-liners like "Good job!" "Come on Snake" and "Your Badass!" If you fail your presented with an upbeat remix of every character ever yelling Snake...Snake!.......SSSSNNNAAAAAAAAAAKKKKEEEEEE!!! (Its pretty good) then Otacon cries, alot.
Also between levels your introduced to new characters like a female doctor helping Sonny who just make show some cleavage and more than likely fall in love with Otacon and eventually catch FoxDie on the last level leaving Otacon to cry some more. Word has it the last level includes Liquid Snake Genes which were passed onto Snake when he breathed really close to him before he died, but Snake may be faking it.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
898 said:
You guys are thinking big enough, this isn't MGS4 on X360 or MGSTriology this is MGS Tetris!<insert metal gear sound> You play as Sonny guiding mutated FoxDIE genes to keep Snake alive. Otacon provides you with info on the shape of the next genes and ofcourse moral support as your cheerleader with witty one-liners like "Good job!" "Come on Snake" and "Your Badass!" If you fail your presented with an upbeat remix of every character ever yelling Snake...Snake!.......SSSSNNNAAAAAAAAAAKKKKEEEEEE!!! (Its pretty good) then Otacon cries, alot.
Also between levels your introduced to new characters like a female doctor helping Sonny who just make show some cleavage and more than likely fall in love with Otacon and eventually catch FoxDie on the last level leaving Otacon to cry some more. Word has it the last level includes Liquid Snake Genes which were passed onto Snake when he breathed really close to him before he died, but Snake may be faking it.
You mean SUNNY ?

You guys are thinking big enough, this isn't MGS4 on X360 or MGSTriology this is MGS Tetris!<insert metal gear sound> You play as Sonny guiding mutated FoxDIE genes to keep Snake alive. Otacon provides you with info on the shape of the next genes and of course moral support as your cheerleader with witty one-liners like "Good job!" "Come on Snake" and "Your Badass!" If you fail your presented with an upbeat remix of every character ever yelling Snake...Snake!.......SSSSNNNAAAAAAAAAAKKKKEEEEEE!!! (Its pretty good) then Otacon cries, alot.

shpankey

not an idiot
Zeliard said:
I hate to propagate the "green meme", but seriously, the shit's green. The Wii and PS3 don't have icons that light up green. The PS3's doesn't even light up at all (not sure about Wii). The 360's does light up. Green. My PC has the same power icon and it lights up, but the bitch lights up blue. Regardless, that and all other electronics' power symbols are irrelevant, since Metal Gear is a console game.

I don't think it's a coincidence that so many people who looked at that power icon immediately thought of the 360. I'm not saying this actually has something to do with the 360, but Konami knew exactly what they were doing. And they're definitely enjoying the attention.
I'm really surprised that this actually needed to be said. Then again, gaf. Anyhow, spot on.

Onix said:
If it for 360 ... it will be funny when the xbots go out and buy it at full price without question, since they were the same people mocking PS3 owners for paying full price to play stuff like Bioshock.

lulz

how you know they will go out and buy it at full price without question?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
RuGalz said:
Kojima must be having fun reading this thread.
Kojima is too bussy playing with 50 chicks right now.

Hy_

$h@d0w said:
This is now for PSP as well though

Right. Just pointing out that people are expecting either MGS4 on 360 or Trilogy, which I would love. But it's likely a handheld or cellphone game, which will lead to disappointments for anyone looking for a console experience.

Hope I'm wrong, but the website is so low key. No count down timer and it's not getting a press conference.

Duckroll where does Ac!d 3 fall on your measure of "significant"?

Cause to me Ac!d ain't shit and if this is all it turns out to be I will be quite disappointed.

I think that it's a real math problem (i + ! = ?)

i is an imaginary number (specifically the square root of -1)
AND
! is the sign for factorial

By definition, the factorial of negative numbers (and complex numbers) is undefined. Similarly, the double factorial of negative even integers is undefined.

Lastly, and most importantly, the gamma function is often thought of as a generalization of the factorial function to the domain of complex numbers.

Metal Gear Solid: Gamma CONFIRMED for Super Nintendo. Nailed it.

Top Bottom