• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

welcome to the carnival of stupid

kenta

Has no PEINS
Just posting this for posterity:

i = iPhone or DSi, maaaaaaaybe Wii
! = Metal Gear
power button = symbolic of the start of a new spinoff franchise

The "mgst" reaffirms by belief that this is a new spinoff

Slavik81 said:
Yeah, but what does that have to do with the 'i'?

New Acid for 360/Wii?

208d1r9.jpg

LCfiner

this thread keeps going and going and going...

discussing the minutiae of power button symbols. incredible.

I hope this thread keeps going till next year. with no new info propelling it. just egg-nog fueled fanboy rage.

Link said:
Wtf?! 38 goddamn pages? What the hell were you guys talking about all this time? Screw trying to catch up with this thread!

Recap

Poster 1 - LOL sony fans will get owned
Poster 2 - Yep 360!!!
Poster 3 - hahaha, sdf am cry?
Poster 4 - It will be for the Iphone
Poster 5 - Maybe DSi
Poster 6 - Damnit I bought a ps3 for nothing
Poster 7 - I can't wait for the ps3 fan bitter tears
Poster 8 - we do it for the lulz
Poster 9 - Where is Private Hoffman
Poster 10 - look at delusional ps3 fans trying to say its for the iPHONE or DSi, lol.. it's green fools!

so on and so on...

Lightning said:
What makes anyone think the next metal gear will be exclusive to anyone? I am certain that future metal gear games will be on as many platforms as possible.

This isn't the next Metal Gear. It's A next Metal Gear

fin

nerdy1one said:
That good? That GOOD? did we play the same game? Oh, you mean the part where you listen to some whiny bitch complain about her life for 30 minutes before you get a chance to kill her? Or that part about frying eggs sunny side up? Let me know where the good part is so I can go back and play it.

If Fallout 3 didn't make it out this year MGS4 would be my GOTY. It's THAT good!

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
I'm wondering which hypothetical MGS4 port announcement would cause the biggest meltdowns around here. Mobile phones? iPod/iPhone?

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Come on people, at the end of the day why would they prominently use the color green for a teaser and not have it be an Xbox announcement? I'm glad that MGS4 was able to give my fav console a bump in sales upon release, but people with just a 360 should be able to experience this epic game too.

Pojo

Banned
What if it's a downloadable title for all consoles?

Green, power button (PS3?), "wii font", etc. Maybe we're supposed to be paying attention to the text. He usually morphs it into something even more incomprehensible. The next Metal Gear is ds! dsi.

Think like Kojima. *blows mind*

Loudninja

sykoex said:
Come on people, at the end of the day why would they prominently use the color green for a teaser and not have it be an Xbox announcement? I'm glad that MGS4 was able to give my fav console a bump in sales upon release, but people with just a 360 should be able to experience this epic game too.

:lol its just green,its green because the new MGS is go.

Jtyettis said:
Uh, what PS3 power button glows green like that? Special edition? Both mine are metallic. Or are those the photoshop skills, heh.

What color is it when it's turned on?

The speculation in here is out of control.

sykoex said:

No doubt. Though, if they do port it, I hope they end up fixing those damn MGO sign-up issues.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Byakuya769 said:
Recap

Poster 1 - LOL sony fans will get owned
Poster 2 - Yep 360!!!
Poster 3 - hahaha, sdf am cry?
Poster 4 - It will be for the Iphone
Poster 5 - Maybe DSi
Poster 6 - Damnit I bought a ps3 for nothing
Poster 7 - I can't wait for the ps3 fan bitter tears
Poster 8 - we do it for the lulz
Poster 9 - Where is Private Hoffman
Poster 10 - look at delusional ps3 fans trying to say its for the iPHONE or DSi, lol.. it's green fools!

so on and so on...

You missed the popular joke about the light being green, and not redROD.

Edit: Haha... mentioned three more times in the last two minutes. :lol

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Jocchan said:
I'm wondering which hypothetical MGS4 port announcement would cause the biggest meltdowns around here. Mobile phones? iPod/iPhone?

Wii. No contest.

h_a_t

Just posting to be part of this silly thread.
yeah....

Damn near 40 pages over what may be nothing, I can't wait to see how big this thread will get once they announce what actually is going on.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
h_a_t said:
yeah....

Damn near 40 pages over what may be nothing, I can't wait to see how big this thread will get once they announce what actually is going on.
Its a great thread tough... its ON fire . (Got it? ON?...):lol

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
ZealousD said:
Wii. No contest.
At least you'd have Wii owners happy.
I think all "factions" need to be disappointed in order to get the biggest meltdowns.

recklessmind said:
You missed the popular joke about the light being green, and not redROD.
It would break his one-sided recap.

DogWelder

h_a_t said:
yeah....

I didn't read the entire thread, but duckroll said it was significant.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
rezuth said:
It does not.

Look at the power button on the PS3 it goes all the way up to the l and is sharp. The 360 power button on the other hand ends a bit before l and is smooth just like the one in the picture.

Oh my goodness. Please don't start this shit. Hell, the power button on my Dell 2208WFPT monitor looks close to it. When you turn it on it lights up green. Doesn't mean the game's coming to it.

J-Rzez

On rails MGS shooter for the Wii? That would be funny.

"Now there's no reason to buy a PS3 if it's on the 360!"

Love those quotes. "IF" MGS was that important to you, you would've bought a PS3 and it by now.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
MisterHero said:
if there is platform change that is not Wii-related this will be the final straw, capcom

i'm warning you!!!
Take it easy, at least Capcom released Castlevania on Wii recently.

Dibbz

Vilix said:
Oh my goodness. Please don't start this shit. Hell, the power button on my Dell 2208WFPT monitor looks close to it. When you turn it on it lights up green. Doesn't mean the game's coming to it.
MGS5 confirmed for Dell 2208WFPT monitor. You heard it here first.

Top Bottom