• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wendy's blames slow sales on election, while Papa John's rises on "civil unrest"

Status
Not open for further replies.

bman94

Didn't know so much people hated Papa John's. It's my current favorite pizza place.

Wendy's screwed themseleves over on the fries honestly. Once they changed to that sea salt crap I barely ever wanted to go there. The old fries were better then Mcdonalds, I have no idea why they changed.

Wut. Wendy's old fries were passable AT BEST.

Ponn

Banned
Didn't know so much people hated Papa John's. It's my current favorite pizza place.

Dudes a dick that fights against giving his employee's insurance yet blowing his wad on personal golf courses and shitty ass old camaro's. Pizza is expensive cardboard with dinky amounts of toppings. The only good thing people can talk about is garlic sauce which everyone has available now and soggy limp pepperoncinis which are better if you get a 2 dollar jar next time your at the store.

Takuan

Wendy's doesn't get enough respect. They make a damned fine fast-food burger.

Their fries are definitely a weak link.

Wendy's, at least near me, doesn't have any special promotion burgers at the moment. It's a bit boring, but I still love em. Just ate there yesterday.

Slacker

I live in Dallas. I can't imagine a situation where I'd want to go to Wendy's for anything except a frosty. You can't throw a rock without hitting a way better burger joint around here.

It's not bad, but it's certainly not worthy of being anyone's fav. Are there no local pizza joints where you live?

bman94

Dudes a dick that fights against giving his employee's insurance yet blowing his wad on personal golf courses and shitty ass old camaro's. Pizza is expensive cardboard with dinky amounts of toppings. The only good thing people can talk about is garlic sauce which everyone has available now and soggy limp pepperoncinis which are better if you get a 2 dollar jar next time your at the store.

The owner of the franchise's personal attributes don't matter to me. And the Papa John's I go to give me ample amount of topping. My family doesn't even use the pepperonconis and they always get thrown out and I don't know any other pizza chain that has anything similar to the garlic sauce that's included with no extra charge.

I'll give you that the pizza is expensive but they have deals all the time so most of the time you spend around $20-25 for large pizzas. Better quality than Dominoes and better pricing than Pizza Hut. And my family eats Papa John's pretty much every two-three weeks. I personally prefer Pizza Hut but location, value, and the long delivery times makes Papa John's the better offer.

It's not bad, but it's certainly not worthy of being anyone's fav. Are there no local pizza joints where you live?

>Broward County, Florida
>Good local food
Pick one.

Okay that's being a little harsh but good local stuff here is hard to find. I can drive a miles distance and see three McDonald's and Subway's in that range. If there are some local Pizza places around they're probably close to the beach or around richer neighborhoods.

When I went to college in Daytona Beach, there were a ton of local pizza places but they either sucked in quality or sucked in costumer service (we once paid by phone for a local pizza place, took them two hours to get to my dorm, and when they did the pizza was cold and tasted like shit. We asked for a refund and they gave us the runaround for another hour or so before we asked one of our friends to take us to the place personally to get our money back. By the end of this whole ordeal it was 3 AM and we went to bed hungry. So franchise chains were quicker and more reliable).

Magwik

Banned
Wendys slow sales surely has nothing to do with the massive security breach in 1/3 of their locations this year

Aselith

Nah, my stomach is fine. The food is just shit

Yeah, that's why 99.5%, the vast majority of people eat their food and have no trouble but you have stomach trouble when you eat it. You're stomach is fantastic, world's best stomach! Absolutely fantastic stomach but only you get stomach-disrupting terrible food. Sad!

Fat4all

Banned
EGjKcreRVRMMFOMTBgL0XkY4b1azDRykGoJVh1c7enR5UshaqkfZDzwHDWdH2C00urOjRcx1OwjEmxY6mcG4zDugYg=w426-h240-n

bo's in the house

Yeah, that's why 99.5%, the vast majority of people eat their food and have no trouble but you have stomach trouble when you eat it. You're stomach is fantastic, world's best stomach! Absolutely fantastic stomach but only you get stomach-disrupting terrible food. Sad!

Papa John GAF account found?

Eh, I don't have fast food very often but if I'm forced to choose between something like Burger King, McDonalds or Wendy's, I'll take Wendy's anytime. The Spicy Chicken is pretty tasty.

Wendy's lost me when they jacked up all the prices. Spicy chicken combos is bomb but it use to be 5.25 now it costs me like 8$. Same with the jr bacon they charge like 1.79 for that tiny burger here no thanks.

Papa johns pizza is probably my last favorite the garlic butter is bomb though.

Yeah, he's a Republican, right?

I assume so, but I'm speaking more about his cut back of hours for employees because he didn't want to pay for any health insurance when Obamacare mandated it. This was in the same year his profits rose 20 some odd percent or so.

Phu

Banned
I live in Dallas. I can't imagine a situation where I'd want to go to Wendy's for anything except a frosty. You can't throw a rock without hitting a way better burger joint around here.

Hey, look, it's this thing that gets brought up anytime anyone ever brings up chain restaurants or food.

Hazmat

I had to give up on the Wendy's near me because whoever owns the franchise or manages it now has everything sitting under a heat lamp for-fucking-ever. If I'm taking the calorie hit (and $7-8 wallet hit) of a double cheeseburger and fries, I want that shit fresh. It's a shame, because when Wendy's is done well it's pretty damn great.

I think many of the "<X fast food place> is garbage" posts on GAF are due to visiting a shitty location. It matters.

Neverwas

Maybe it's because Wendy's burger menu went from one of the best in fast food to a boring wasteland of soggy undercooked bacon slapped on the least amount of effort needed to make a sandwich?

Their chicken's alright, though.

SaviourMK2

or maybe people just don't wanna go and get Wendys, maybe people wanna sit at home and eat pizza.

Jeez.

Maybe it's a sign that Jesus is returning, I don't fucking know

My beef with Papa Johns started with them not opening one within 50 miles of my residence, so even if I wanted one, I would need to drive two towns over to pick it up, when I'd rather say "screw that, I can order Dominos, Checkers, Wooster St, Edi's Pizzeria, People's Choice, Pizza Hut, Giovannis, Husky Pizza, Sorrentos, etc".

The 2nd incident was extremely petty on my part. When I visited Boston and had Papa Johns for the first time, I'm a Coca-Cola guy and they only serve Pepsi, I also thought their wings where horrible, but their Pizza was not bad.

My final gripe was when they decided to throw their two cents into the whole affordable healthcare act debate and argued against it saying they would need to charge... I think it was 20-something cents per pizza just to afford the health insurance and I was like ".....OK??????"

It's just me, to have an opinion is perfectly fine, but when you run a business that strives off making ALL your customers happy, your political opinion should be under lock and key when it comes to public statements.
Now I refuse to order their pizza because now I feel the owner is a grade A douchebag

Ponn

Banned
little caesars pizza is better than papa johns

and little caesar's is fucking garbage.

Their Deep dish isn't bad. About the same amount of toppings, I think somebody had an article on GAF and Little Caesars was like one of the few ones to use real cheese or something like that. At least the deep dish is crispy. Papa Johns is just a tasteless soggy slice of cardboard. My work used to order from them all the time and it was so annoying.

People saying papa johns is expensive are crazy. I have never paid more than 5.99 for a large on topping pizza. Then on days where it's 50% off your order I can order a hoggie and bread sticks for 5 bucks. That is a lot of food for the cheap.

Varna

I haven't gone to Wendy's much until fairly recently. Certainly a few steps up from the low tier fast food places. But those nuggets... that's some truly vile stuff. Straight up Tyson chicken nuggets.

olympia

I feel like Wendy's needs to alter it's identity, it's kind of boring, and doesn't really have anything going for it.

back when i still ate red meat they had the spicy baconator which was a fucking amazing spicy hamburger. the sauce was fucking amazing. more restaurants need to have spicy hamburgers

since i stopped eating beef chicken and pork, they got rid of their one and only fish sandwich so fuck em

SRTtoZ

Or because you got rid of the Ghost pepper chicken sandwich assholes! I've moved to Taco Bell. Every time Wendys gets something tasty its gone in a week.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Wendy's screwed themseleves over on the fries honestly. Once they changed to that sea salt crap I barely ever wanted to go there. The old fries were better then Mcdonalds, I have no idea why they changed.

The old fries were much better than the new ones. The only problem with them is consistency which McDonalds seems to have locked down. Sometimes Wendys fries would be extra crispy and other times soggy. The crazy thing is that even when on either end of the extreme there was a threshold where each was still great.

SRTtoZ

The old fries were much better than the new ones. The only problem with them is consistency which McDonalds seems to have locked down. Sometimes Wendys fries would be extra crispy and other times soggy. The crazy thing is that even when on either end of the extreme there was a threshold where each was still great.

Same goes for BK and their stupid nuggets. I loved the old ones that had that spicy taste to them. Now the new(er) ones are McDonalds ripoffs and not nearly as good. Old Wendys fries were so good, I don't know whos making these decisions.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Same goes for BK and their stupid nuggets. I loved the old ones that had that spicy taste to them. Now the new(er) ones are McDonalds ripoffs and not nearly as good. Old Wendys fries were so good, I don't know whos making these decisions.

Yeah the old BK nuggets after they got rid of the crown shaped ones were good. They were seasoned properly unlike most nuggets.

Wendys aerated nuggets have been a joke for so long i cant even remember. Its like someone in the nugget factory is injecting each one with an air compressor.

The guy who owns Papa Johns is an asshole. That's all I have to contribute.

My friend was a store manager for PJs back when we worked there. He got to meet him a couple of times in Chicago. This was around the time "Obama Care" was happening, and he said that was a major focus of the meetings. Said ol' Papa John was going nuts about how there would be massive layoffs 'cause they were going to lose so much money. I want to say he was strongly telling everyone they'd better not vote Obama to a second term or we were all doomed.

wrong opinions are wrong. i'd shove wendy's fries up my ass before i'd eat some other fast food chain fries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom