• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wendy's Close to Being No. 2 Restaurant in US

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmniGamer

I've been getting Wendy's a lot more often thanks to their Spinach Chicken Salad. McD's for me is only good for their Breakfast, but that shit is WAY too fattening for me these days...I was never big on their burgers, and i'm not a big fry guy either(though their's is pretty good tasting/smelling). I haven't had a Frosty in AGES....maybe one of these day's i'll treat myself to one.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
trippingmartian said:
Mustard rocks! Is no mustard an American thing? I know when I used to go to Tiger Stadium back in the day they'd put mustard on everything. Pretzels, hot dogs, sausage, the works!
Mustard is the bane of my existence.

Dead

well not really...yet
Wendys is way to greasy, Each time I went there id pick up a hamburger and it would literally slip out of my hands like a bar of soap.

Give me whataburger over wendys anyday. Chick Fil A too. :d

Guzim

Go Wendy's! Sure you sometimes put 5 chicken nuggets instead of 10 at drive-thru, but I still love you.

xsarien

daedsiluap
Gattsu25 said:
IMO:

1) Chick Fil A
2) Wendys
3) Subway

oh...and C-F-A's ice cream is the best fast food ice cream ever made

Chick-Fil-A's food is Godly, and that's the only chain where that can be taken literally as well as figuratively. Ranch 1 also does a pretty good job with their stuff, and, of course, Wendy's.

But eating that shit everyday will kill you. If I'm out and hungry, I really try to hit a Quiznos. Their chicken subs rock my world.

xsarien

daedsiluap
Teh Hamburglar said:
What do Chik-fila do to their chicken? It tastes really sweet and has so much gristle in it.

Gristle? I've never encountered that. About all I do know is that they use peanut oil to fry everything and claim to have invented the chicken sandwich.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
I'm sorry, but Wendy's fucking sucks (imho). Every single time that I've been to a Wendy's my food has been ice cold (and I've been to mulitple locations).

To make matter worse, one night my ex-girlfriend and I went there late at night after going out b/c they are open late and when we got back to her place and she unwrapped her food a huge roach/waterbug type thing crawled out.

I'll never eat at Wendy's again.

Chick Fil A is good though.

MIMIC

Banned
Yay for Wendy's! :)

Chick-Fil-A? Never heard of it. I'll have to check it out (if one is around here).

Here's how I rank my top 4 burger places:

1. Wendy's
2. McDonald's
3. Burger King
4. Rally's

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Winged Creature said:
BK microwaves there stuff, i dont eat there

They only microwave their cheese burgers. All they do is stick the meat patty and slice of cheese in the microwave for like 20 seconds to melt the cheese a little. That's it.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
CHECKERS FRIES >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>BURGER KING FRIES >>>MC'd Fries> WENDYS FRIES

Dead

well not really...yet
Malleymal said:
CHECKERS FRIES >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>BURGER KING FRIES >>>MC'd Fries> WENDYS FRIES
youve obviously never tasted Portillos fries.

Insertia

Uh, why does no one give Sonic any credit? They make the best burgers and fries, and screw Wendy's frostys, you can buy a fucking banana spit and Sonic's! They're food is always freshly cooked and doesn't seem microwaved like other burger joints.
They have the highest prices, but they still rock.

I also find it funny that Hardees is still around. They closed all of their chains in my area about 5 years ago. I assumed they shut down everywhere, but now I'm hearing they popped up in other areas as "Carl Jr.". lol

1. Sonic’s
2. Wendy’s
3. Mc Donalds/Burger King
4. Taco Bell
5. Rally's

Mumbles

Insertia said:
Uh, why does no one give Sonic any credit?

I've never even seen one of those before, so they get nothing.

Wendy's is not quite my favorite fast food (Baja Fresh and Subway come first - subs and decent fake mexican), but they're the best of the burger makers.

LakeEarth

Quick question. I know there are differences between American and Canadian fast food restaurants (ie. chicken nuggets aren't in our value meal at Wendy's, dammit!)... but a friend told me that Taco Bell didn't have fries in the US. Is this true, or is he just mistaken?

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
Diablos said:
Finally, people are realizing that Wendy's is the only chain that has fast food that actually tastes good.

Times like these are when I wish In-N-Out could be had by all =(

Exis

It's funny, I mostly eat at Chipole for lunch and they are owned by mcdonalds, and oftern Baja Fresh who are owned by Wendys... but never the actual owners shops.

only devent burgers around here would be fudruckers or a local chain called five guys.

God DC sucks

-Exis

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
I used to eat at Chipotle a lot, but it made me really sick one day (chronicled in a post on the old OT last November) and since then it hasn't sat well with me. I think pretty much any local burrito joint is better.

Baja Fresh, on the other hand, is the home of the shittiest, most overpriced burritos I have ever had the misfortune to pay for.

Wendy's is tops, however. I used to work at Wendy's, and nobody ever frowns in a Wendy's! I also don't understand how Burger King is still #2 because I have never lived anyplace (Philadelphia, Illinois, San Francisco) where they are at all popular.

cvxfreak

The one In 'N Out that opened in my town two years ago STILL gets long drive thru lines to this day. Probably 20 people work there at 11PM (probably 40 total throughout the days and week). They get paid $12.50 an hour which is fantastic for fastfood. Bottom line is, that's one of my favorite fast food joints since they offer basic, but delicious foods made from natural stuff - you know, potatoes that actually becomes fries and such.

I always hit Wendy's cause they are the only place open late at night. Spicey Chicken sandwhich or the chicken fingers are pretty good. Arby's is probably my favorite of the fast food chains. Not really down with the King. Chic-Fil-A is really good, but they don't give you enough food even for me (I'm a skinny fuck), and are way over priced. Sonic sucks fucking balls.

LakeEarth

Wolfy said:
Taco bell doesn't not have fries.

Ahh... well they do in Canada. Got a nice Fries Supreme thing too, real good.

And I went to a Wendy's in Ohio. Nice place, but the fries were a lot more tasteless compared to the ones in Canada... could've just been the store though.

Dead

well not really...yet
Exis said:
It's funny, I mostly eat at Chipole for lunch and they are owned by mcdonalds, and oftern Baja Fresh who are owned by Wendys... but never the actual owners shops.

only devent burgers around here would be fudruckers or a local chain called five guys.

God DC sucks

-Exis
Chipotle is pretty good. Enjoy it a lot.

LakeEarth said:
Ahh... well they do in Canada. Got a nice Fries Supreme thing too, real good.

And I went to a Wendy's in Ohio. Nice place, but the fries were a lot more tasteless compared to the ones in Canada... could've just been the store though.

Yeah, Wendy's never puts enough salt on their fries. The ones here give you little salt packets though. Besides that the fries rock.

I work at Wendys.

Since I've pretty much been stuck as grill boy for the past few weeks, I've gotten down right sick of hamburger patties. So I started trying other stuff at Wendys, and yes, the Spicy Chicken ROCKS. For the guy complaining about the sauce on it, well a) you could ask for no sauce and b) it's only mayo on the Spicy (the grilled and homestyle chicken get special sauce).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom