• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What album are you ROCKING OUT to tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Guzim said:
What I rocked out to last night:
B000002L7J.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I rock out to that on at least a weekly basis :p

White Man said:
Edition le August 2nd

e63764cbetb.jpg

Well, I'm actually rocking Planet Rock- The Album today, but I can't find the correct cover art, so the cover from the Looking for the Perfect Beat compilation will have to do. Afrika Bambaataa would never ever come close to matching Planet Rock's knee-buckling level of greatness, but I doubt there's a single artist that's ever existed that could follow up a work as epochal and perfect as this. Afrika Bambaataa is effectively the greatest artist of the old school hip hop days, hands down.

Planet Rock is no longer in print. I'd suggest checking out that Looking for the Perfect Beat compilation since it also serves up the salvagable parts of his post-Planet Rock work. Listening to the comp, you can actually pinpoint the exact moment when he discovered Kraftwerk. It's pretty amazing. I wear a beat up AB shirt from time to time and get rather amusing looks. Mighty Zulu Nation, man.

Wow a white guy into Afrikka Bambaataa and Planet Rock? You rock dude! PR was my favorite breakdancing track back in the early 80s. Planet Patrol was supposed to be the sequel but it didn't capture the magic of the original. Lookin is just a killer track though! I love all their stuff. Don't forget Renegades!

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
karasu said:
This guy suppossedly named Tsubakiya Shijusho, but I search and can't find a single site that mentions him or them. The music really rocks though.

Otherwise

B00028U67M.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

You fucking rock!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom