• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What, are you listening to?

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
It's an amazing song, actually. But brutally honest and...I don't know, really, how to convey it, but it didn't end up going where I thought it was when I first started listening to it.
I'm honestly baffled she's as popular as she is. Super talented no doubt, but not really like anything else that big. 'Ocean Eyes' and 'my future' are probably the best of her voice just being angelic. I've yet to hear a song of hers I haven't at least liked to some degree.

The new Japanese Breakfast album is killer as well.

I'm honestly baffled she's as popular as she is. Super talented no doubt, but not really like anything else that big. 'Ocean Eyes' and 'my future' are probably the best of her voice just being angelic. I've yet to hear a song of hers I haven't at least liked to some degree.

The new Japanese Breakfast album is killer as well.

She's a good singer, has catchy lyrics, is very eccentric and uniquely beautiful, and you're baffled as to why she's a mega star? What else does she need?

Anyway, it's a good album. It's always strange to me when we see someone that is so popular with a young demographic go really dark with the subject matter. I'm just getting old, I guess.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
She's a good singer, has catchy lyrics, is very eccentric and uniquely beautiful, and you're baffled as to why she's a mega star? What else does she need?

Anyway, it's a good album. It's always strange to me when we see someone that is so popular with a young demographic go really dark with the subject matter. I'm just getting old, I guess.
I'm surprised the music is received well--it's not her as to why I am surprised. The music is dark, not super poppy. She's uber talented. Just strange to me that something like this appeals to the mainstream since the mainstream usually has shit taste.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
78-E566-AF-19-E1-4-F3-C-ADBF-7-E9-C3-B0-A0579.jpg

I’m had this mini album for a while now. This is from the same composer who did the Silent Hill OSTs. I ended up watching the sunset at a cabin in the woods and this song fit the mood perfectly.

Been listening to a lot of Insect Warfare lately. Killer stuff if you're into grindcore and the wider grind/powerviolence/crust punk scene.

Sometimes I'm a boomer when it comes to music, but grindcore has been consistently awesome in the 21st century.

Top Bottom