• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are you working on (if you're at work now).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
Just got done making a script to make these. Automatically updates every 5 minutes... and no....I don't know what BZ and KP are.

BZplot.png

KPplot.png

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
switching 2 netware 5 servers from old hardware to new hardware.

Stryder

Getting this stupid person's internet connection working for them. God I hate this job.

P.S. ^^^ nice alias 6.8

Chony

I am a bum living at home over the summer until I go back to college in the fall. I sleep in until noon, stay up until 4 am, ahh good times.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Chony said:
I am a bum living at home over the summer until I go back to college in the fall. I sleep in until noon, stay up until 4 am, ahh good times.

there's really nothing quite like waking up to check the mail.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
European CB processing
Agency Agency crosses
Street side trade booking enhancements
SOX enhancements

Welcome to Hell.

pollo

Banned
nothing now, but in a few minutes im gonna defragging hard drives, installing nortons system works 1.9, running virus scan to about 10 comps. And its gonna take me roughly 7 hours because my employer doesnt know what the hell job to give me since our new computers havent come in yet.

CaptainABAB

Developing a back-end system for ColumbiaHouse.com (my current client) that utilizes WebLogic on Solaris, MQ Series, DB2 and a shit load of custom java programming.

Tuvoc

trying to fine some stupid asshole trucks that didn't show up for a paving job. Sons of bitches...all of them.

calder

dem said:
Project: Read GA All Day

Haha, close.

But if I can't commit 100% to the GAF project I will likely:
- finish throwing together some evaluator comment reports in Access
- make a nice archival hard copy
- try one more time to figure out if I can make a query that will take the hundreds of scores, sort by either the evaluator dept or job title, then give me an ordinal ranking based on the vendor scores. I just don't know how to do that at all... I didn't make the DB and the different tables are all a mess. And even if I can figure out a way to get ordinals what'll I do with the ties?
- oh then I have to do a recount for some of the scoring because the vendor's lawyers and our lawyers decided halfway through the first demo that some of the scenarios shouldn't count towards their score because it's not in the RFP.

Wish I was better at this math shit - this scoring and decision support stuff is one of those "dammit my math teachers were *right*! I should have payed attention!" moments. :\

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Pfft, it's Friday, and I'm doing what every other red-blooded American is doing - sitting behind his computer pretending to work and thinking about meeking out of here as early as possible. This primarily consists of browsing this forum while occasionally ALT+TABing to Outlook or my service request que whenever a surperior happens to walk by. Well, I did setup a networked printer this morning, which took all of 15 minutes or so, so I'd like to think I've earned my wage for the day...

dem

tedtropy said:
Pfft, it's Friday, and I'm doing what every other red-blooded American is doing - sitting behind his computer pretending to work and thinking about meeking out of here as early as possible. This primarily consists of browsing this forum while occasionally ALT+TABing to Outlook or my service request que whenever a surperior happens to walk by. Well, I did setup a networked printer this morning, which took all of 15 minutes or so, so I'd like to think I've earned my wage for the day...

Holy crap...
LONG LOST TWIN BROTHER.. IVE FOUND YOU!

bionic77

Filling out a Green Card application and writing some letters requesting some Meds. Later on I am gonna finish my research memo. Oh yeah, and posting a lot at GA at the same time.

AirBrian

tedtropy said:
Pfft, it's Friday, and I'm doing what every other red-blooded American is doing - sitting behind his computer pretending to work and thinking about meeking out of here as early as possible. This primarily consists of browsing this forum while occasionally ALT+TABing to Outlook or my service request que whenever a surperior happens to walk by. Well, I did [do some work], which took all of 15 minutes or so, so I'd like to think I've earned my wage for the day...
That about sums it up. :)

xsarien

daedsiluap
Right now?
It's me vs. the extra biscuit Popeye's gave me for no apparent reason. Let's hope I can finish it.

Chittagong

Gold Member
July is the holiday month here. Sleep until noon, then 45 min jogging, followed with breakfast, on for an hour or so of GAF, alternating with some Xbox playing, then to the gym or spinning for an hour or two, a proper meal, some wine and a good DVD, then back to GAF for the rest of the night. Good times indeed.

If July was a working month I would be either preparing plans, budgets and presentations or presenting them, or going through two hundred new e-mails. Or even more likely, I would be sitting in an airplane, taxi or airport.

Iceman

Washing my PVDF blots again to see if they will actually develop for me today. Frikken HRP-conjugated stupidheads. If it doesn't work again today then I'll have to run another 3-4 western blots all over again from scratch: 2 days of work, i.e. there goes my weekend.

Also, writing up the background section for my thesis proposal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom