• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Having fun playing After the Fall, a VR left-4-dead type shooter. Kind of neat that it's cross-play between steam, psvr & oculus and sort of necessary since VR is somewhat niche.
great game, aside from the fact that there is no host migration causing the session to end if they drop (the last i was aware)

Still in the middle of my first run of Baldur's Gate 2: EE. I'm progressing pretty quickly since I know at least the Shadows of Amn part of the game by heart by now, but I'm still doing things I haven't done in ages or using NPCs I had almost never recruited, for the sake of achievements, so the game actually feels somewhat fresh.

Just as an example: I'm going to do the entire quests chain in Ust Nasha (and will have to do it again in another playthrough, since there are two outcomes with an achievement each), instead of just killing Adalon for her scroll. Which I probably haven't done in years. I'll probably end up killing her (and every single Drow in the city) anyway...

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
  • Strange Horticulture: I think I'm half-way through. Game is very pleasant. I'm enjoying it a lot actually. Cataloging plants, solving mysteries and light puzzles.
  • Splatoon 3: Splatfest coming up, but I still play this game regularly.
  • Tinykin: Downloaded and starting tonight. Heard great things and I'm knocking out all the smaller games I've had building up in the backlog.
  • Iris Fall: I'm on chapter 3 out of 8. Seems like a very short game but I'm enjoying it. Like Lost in Shadow, with some nice puzzles and shadow platforming.
  • Hardspace Shipbreaker: Getting a little repetitive, but I still enjoy it. Doing maybe 2 ships a week.

Last edited:
The Last of Us Part 1 (PS5 Remake): it dropped to $50 over the holidays and I was in the mood for another early 2010s classic after wrapping up the Mass Effect trilogy.

It's great, and I don't quite get the criticism that the "encounter design" aged like milk. Sure, it has if you stay under one point of cover and pop-and-shoot your way through. But if you're chucking bottles, moving cover-to-cover, choking guys out, I still think it plays great.

What's weird is that the graphics are great, too, but since it's been so long since I played the PS4 version, as I'm playing I'm like, "Yep, this is how it's always looked." So I suppose they did a good job of keeping the essence of the original.

AndrewRyan

great game, aside from the fact that there is no host migration causing the session to end if they drop (the last i was aware)
Yeah it's still a major issue unfortunately. Was hosting a match last night and right as we're about to finish a fantastic run that we failed previously my headset timed out for 5sec, basically a reset, which dropped the connection and everyone lost out on the loot. Felt terrible.

Just started Crash N. Sane Trilogy PS4

Along with games I've played every day for months: Tokyo 2020 and Ms. Pac-Man Lynx

I want that Atari 50 Collection to drop to 20 already.

sedg87

Witcher 3
All done. Blood and Wine was perfection. 10/10

Right, let's have a look at the backlog and decide what to play next. I think I might go for Dragon's Dogma. I've only ever played an hour or so of that and everyone always raves about it. Also got Mortal Shell and Cyberpunk still in their plastic wrappers.

AndrewRyan

Tried a few little inexpensive VR games/experiences (some free) that's been in the library a while:
Blueshift: Supposed to be multiplayer flying combat but no one plays anymore so it's just flying. It's fun how you stretch out your arms like wings to steer with individually controlled thrusters on each wing.
theBlue: Neat little VR experience where you sit under the ocean watching fish swim around. Might try listening to an audio book in there.
Siegecraft: Interesting RTS game where you stand above the play field directing the action. Easy to learn and will play it again.
Stride: A VR multiplayer parkour game. Looks like a lot of fun but my Index controller batteries died and wasn't really playable with wands. Will try again.
Propagation VR: A short little horror game you can finish in 20 min. Neat use of darkness and sound to detect enemies. There are little specs of light around the paremiter of the subway station and some blinking signs so you find enemies by looking in the direction you hear and move your position around a little to try to see their outlines- some crawling. Reloading is hard and timing when to reload and switch weapons is key to playing.
Surge: Short little music video.

Mr Hyde

Continuing with Shin Megami Tensei 5. It plays very much like Persona, fusing demons instead of cards, making them ally's and gathering their strength. It's nice with a turn based combat system, the last game I played with turn based was Dragon Quest 11 (which was a fucking great game). I love action -rpg, but once in a while it's nice going back to the old school Jrpg formula. However, the game is pretty rough and has kicked my ass quite a few times and I'm only in the first area (beaten two red stuff bosses, forgot their names). Feels like a grindy game so I'm taking it slow.

Last edited:

engstra

Finally finished on GOW: Ragnarök and wow what a game. Absolutely loved how they finished the story. GOW 2018 while good did not have that much of an impact on me but Kratos' story arc in this game really hit me. Think they wrapped it up perfectly.
In terms of the actual game I think it's a massive improvement on the first one. Much greater variety in enemies and quests. Absolutely love the exploration. The crater in Vanaheim is probably the best area and is totally optional. Guess my only gripe with it is that the game allows you to fight some of the berserkers quite early on even though XP level-wise you're really not meant to. Wasted quite a few hours trying to defeat that berserker with the 2 elemental sidekicks, only to return upon completing the main story and brush them off quite easily.
Also the fights against the berserkers and Gna were so good. Really enjoyed the strategy to them, learning when to block, parry and dodge etc. I think those fights are done better than Elden Ring in many instances tbh.
In terms of the bad there's not much but I had an initial reaction to how American all the character sounds which threw me off although went away for the most part except for Lunda who feels like something straight out of Borderlands. Also the puzzles with the purple arrow spheres absolutely SUCK. I know what I'm supposed to do and where I have to shoot the arrows, the spheres overlap but then the chain reaction doesn't work. ALso didn't really enjoy the new weapon you get further on in the game.

All in all, absolutely loved it and thought big improvements to the first game with great writing and a heartfelt way to wrap up Kratos' story. Elden Ring is still GOTY though.

Gonna do a few pallet cleanser games now and started with the Pedestrian and really good little puzzle game.

Witcher 3

Right, let's have a look at the backlog and decide what to play next. I think I might go for Dragon's Dogma. I've only ever played an hour or so of that and everyone always raves about it. Also got Mortal Shell and Cyberpunk still in their plastic wrappers.
Jfc that was quick!!

I’m on Skillege after 72 hours. I’m yet to begin any of the mainline line quests there.

I wanted to be finished by the 20th of January but that isn’t looking likely.

Last edited:

Kenpachii

Witcher 3

Yea blood and wine was so good.

They are billions atm for me.

9xNipqK.jpg

Last edited:

DeathWish

Neo Member
The Division 1 & 2

hopping back between the two and honestly I can't get enough of these games. the atmosphere and gameplay are so fun that I don't even care that it's a grindfest. I find myself not even sprinting about the map and just running and taking it all in. enjoying the first division a bit more than two, think that's due to it being set in winter and it being cold as balls outside.

sedg87

Jfc that was quick!!

I’m on Skillege after 72 hours. I’m yet to begin any of the mainline line quests there.

I wanted to be finished by the 20th of January but that isn’t looking likely.

I missed a fair bit of side stuff; Gwent, racing and those fist-fighting quests. Think I was at ninety-something hours overall.

Dragon's Dogma
Not sure if it's because I've just finished The Witcher 3, but...this isn't very good after three hours. I'll give it more time though I'm not even remotely enjoying it.

Edit: Yeah this game isn't for me. I've moved onto Divinity Original Sin 2. Never really played an RPG like this before and apparently it's fantastic. Looks a little complex though.

Last edited:

marcincz

Started Irem Arcade 1 on Evercade, yesterday. Firstly Moon Patrol from 1982, which I played on Atari 65XE over 30 years ago. Finished 2 courses (beginner and champion).
Next, I am going to start R-Type and In the Hunt.
Besides, since half of December, still fighting with Elden Ring.

bender

What time is it?
I put a few hours into Axiom Verge 2 thanks to PS+. I'm currently at 38% items and 59% map. I was pretty quickly reminded of my feelings on the original. I love this style of game so but I have a hard time putting a finger on why I'm not enjoying myself more and Axiom Verge 2 even less so than the original, thanks in large part to how much drone usage there is. Even still, the entire package is just so unsatisfying which is a bummer, considering these are largely the passion project of a single person.

I'm also diving into Final Fantasy XIII today on the Series X. The presentation and visuals hold up really well. Love the dude with the Chocobo in his hair.

Roberts

Daughter really wanted to play Rainbow Billy so I'm helping her out, because even for a kids game it's a bit too hard for a 6 year old. I guess it's what people call a woke game, with they/them pronouns and it's all about compassion and empathy. That said, it is kind of well made, there are some fun puzzles and the turn based combat (it's not really combat in the traditional sense of the word) is fun. Considering you befriend all kinds of animals during the story, daughter loves the shit out of it.

anthony2690

I am currently 8 hours or so into final fantasy 7 Crises Core Reunion, I'm enjoying it, but I had realistic expectations going in, knowing it is a remake of a 16 year old psp game.

It's a bit on the easy side though, I've done 28% off the fairly repetitive side missions & feel fairly overpowered after combining materia etc.

I played a bit of this originally on the psp, but never finished it back in the day.

Last edited:

Certinty

5 chapters into A Plague Tale Requiem and it’s good. Not sure what to expect but so far as a lover of the first game it’s meeting my expectations.

Been hooked on Atomicrops. $5 on the e shop and its the most fun I've had with a game all year. It's a harvesting/survival game where you scavenge and plant crops during the day and protect them at night then use the money earned from your yield to buy upgrades. It's a rogue lite so it jas synergies and upgrades and is a twin stick shooter. It's got beautiful pixel art and is really well designed. I usually don't like these types of games bit I can spend hours playing this. Highly addictive game.

reektann

Normally I try to stick to one game at a time but I've gone wild this year and am playing 3 at a time - but as theyre all so different its actually working quite well as I am really enjoying each one and I mix them up a bit on different days.

God of War : Ragnarok on PS5. The first hour was really great then I was a bit middle of the road for a couple of hours thinking "oh so its just this again" but once you get to the 5th/6th hour it mixes the gameplay up a bit and I'm now quite excited playing it again as they introduce more little additions to the 2018 entry.

Ghostwire Tokyo on PC. Been waiting for my 4090 to play this as it ran poorly before on my ultrawide monitor. I spent a few hours on this today and I am really into it. I havent played an open world game for ages but as I have played all the Yakuzas etc over the past couple of years it's a great time learning bits and bobs about Japanese myths and such whilst floating about in the city as it just looks so great. The RTX reflections are some of the best I have seen too. The story just took a nice little turn too - very moreish but quite simple.

I keep just standing around looking at the crazy reflections in the rain - couple of examples below :

Eastward on Steamdeck. I bought this when it actually came out but never got around to playing it. I'm a few hours in, its certainly quite a slow/restrained burn but easily some of the best animation I have seen with a top down style Zelda esque game. The story is actually getting really curious and I love the music. Perfect Deck game for sure. I also really like the CRT filter!

Last edited:

Bloobs

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Ghostwire Protocol? lol

Im playing In Sound Mind. Only 5 bucks on Xbox. Fun so far, never heard about it but it got some good reviews. Also playing Little Nightmares 2 which was on sale too. Nice little horror games.

reektann

Ghostwire Protocol? lol

Im playing In Sound Mind. Only 5 bucks on Xbox. Fun so far, never heard about it but it got some good reviews. Also playing Little Nightmares 2 which was on sale too. Nice little horror games.
Hah I've called it Protocol like 3 times today - I think I keep thiking Ghost Protocol as in the Mission Impossible movie.

Last edited:

Ogbert

Gold Member
Guardians of the Galaxy.

It’s ok. Interminable amount of cutscenes though. I’ve played about six hours so far and at least half of that was cutscenes.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Kero Blaster can be really hard at times. Think I am at the final stretch of the game and right now this seems almost impossible.

Loving the game btw, it's simple fun.

Lunarorbit

Ff7 remake. Damn is good.

Years ago I bought the ffx HD remaster for ps4. How is the experience nowadays with this game?

I'm going back and playing classics I missed;beat RE4 last year and loved it.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE

Gorgeous. Pistol melee animation *chef's kiss*

Man I was into diablo 2, Nioh 2 and The Witcher 3. And I want take the opportunity to thank those who helped me how to approach said games. Didn't go unnoticed.

With that said. I can't help myself playing Demon's Souls and GT7 on PS5 and there's so much more.

TuFaN

Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade. Finished a full playthrough on Normal difficulty yesterday, working on getting my Platinum trophy right now. Once I get it I'll play the DLC called Intermission :)

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Man I loved this game lol. Also play Signalis and Tinykin soon.
I'll play those, they are all on my list. Same as Pentiment, and Chained Echoes, and Norco, and... fuck, probably shouldn't have gotten GP yet. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Do games get removed often from GP? Now I'm kinda scared about missing on some of those. Also, sorry for the offtopic.

Top Bottom