• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Fess

Elden Ring - Maliketh, the Black Blade, now here's finally a boss which destroyed me beyond belief 19 damn times. Every single boss up until this point took a max of 5 tries, but here comes Maliketh with some real tight bullshit like cutting your max HP, a debuff burning your HP and also jumping around like a monkey. And non-stop attacking as well obviously haha. Fantastic boss battle, i know a said i'd use a mimic tear wen my boss death count exceeds 15, but i couldn't just use it yet. Just wanted to push a little more and BAM. Allright, got a few zones left - the Ashen Capitals, Consecrated Snowfields and the Haligtree.

Time for Malenia.
Love reading about your journey through this game! I can relate to so much you talk about, definitely Maliketh difficulty spike too heh. Cool boss though!

I’m taking baby steps through the game in my 4th play-through, using Bloodhound’s Fang, low weight to keep the speed, lots of pots crafting, decided to skip the mimic to make it more challenging. It’s such an amazing game 🤗

Been trying a bunch of games lately just to see what sticks: Tactics Ogre Reborn, Crysis Core FFVII Reunion, Steelrising, Dragon Quest Treasures.

Of those I really like Tactics Ogre Reborn and Crysis Core. DQT is ok but too simplistic and I strongly dislike Steelrising.

God of War Ragnarok. It's good but it's nowhere near as good as GOW 2018. It feels far too linear and there's waaaay to much talky talky. Sony games can't seem to resist that lately.

That one section too...very boring. Not sure how this managed to review so well.

Vyse

Gold Member
Been trying a bunch of games lately just to see what sticks: Tactics Ogre Reborn, Crysis Core FFVII Reunion, Steelrising, Dragon Quest Treasures.

Of those I really like Tactics Ogre Reborn and Crysis Core. DQT is ok but too simplistic and I strongly dislike Steelrising.
How do you like Dragon Quest Treasures?

How do you like Dragon Quest Treasures?
It's super cute and looks/runs well, but the only thing to do is look for treasure and expand your base. One thing that really annoys me is the monster teammates' silly utterances that are way too frequent. Clearly geared towards small children, but I'm just a big kid at heart still. 🎉

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
Whoo, boy!

Just wrapped up Chapter 2 of Stella Glow, and this is kinda how Chapter 3 begins...

WVW69jU-HgQoeADJn9.jpg

There's a lot to like about this game, but whoof...plenty that's making me feel a tad uncomfortable. Not gonna use spoiler tags, since I'm still quite early in the game and the game released about eight years ago. The final boss of the last chapter was the mayor of a small town just outside the main kingdom. Evidently, he was farming narcotics (I shitchu not) called Mopium, a highly addictive drug (as described by one of your allies). :D So, toward the end of the battle, I learn a skill called "Conduct," which allows me to conduct a witch I'm standing next two. The animation consists of me stabbing the witch just below the neck.

TkFaI2J.jpg

Keep in mind, she's an ally. Anyway, in the top pic, this is the "Tuning Hall," where you...tune the chicks. Got a feeling folks who are into certain fetishes would likely dig the premise more than I do (I keep my finger firmly on the right shoulder button to skip through dialogue). But it's a fairly decent SRPG, nonetheless. Camera control on the battlefield pretty much sucks the big wafer.

Well I'm interested now 😏 😏

EruditeHobo

Started up TLOU part 1 remake, finally... will finish before the show debuts this coming weekend.

Still need to finish off Elden Ring as well... but it's a daunting task to jump back in toward the end.
Maybe I'll move on to Ragnarok instead...

Love reading about your journey through this game! I can relate to so much you talk about, definitely Maliketh difficulty spike too heh. Cool boss though!

I’m taking baby steps through the game in my 4th play-through, using Bloodhound’s Fang, low weight to keep the speed, lots of pots crafting, decided to skip the mimic to make it more challenging. It’s such an amazing game 🤗

Amazingly cool, yeah. This game is easily one of the greatest game ever made, and they don't come often for me because the only other modern game (2015 - ) i'd consider a GOAT is The Witcher 3. So i'm gonna cherish every moment of this first playthrough because i know it's not gonna be the same on subsequent playthroughs.

Thinking about switching from Bloodhound's Fang to a Blasphemous blade build. Shit would be 100 times easier with its skill because how much opportunity you have to cheese your way through. But damn Bloodhound's Fang is so incredibly fun, it's like a dance every time i engage in combat.

Folks, my playthrough of Breath of the Wild has finally begun!

Its Happening The Office GIF by NBC

So far so good. I'm still trying to get used to the weapon durability system, which is a big departure from previous zelda games. My first 5-10 hours have been simply learning the ins and outs of the game. I've been less concerned with progressing through the story and just exploring the world and figuring everything out. The open world is fantastic and the ability to go anywhere and climb anything (once out of the starting section), has been fantastic. I'd see a tower off in the distance and try and reach it and get to the top. The shrines are definitely a new thing for zelda instead of traditional dungeons. They've been enjoyabe thus far, but the sensor beeping whenever I get in range of a shrine is a bit obnoxious.

I've been really impressed with the lack of any gating in the game. I've gone all over the place with just 4 hearts. Currently I'm in my first divine beast (dungeon) in the zora area. I wasn't expecting anything dungeon-like outside of the shrines, so that was a nice surprise. I have felt uber squishy everywhere I have gone, which wasn't really a problem until I got to the modest and major test of strength shrines. It's not that I couldn't survive, but more that I just wasn't doing enough damage before weapons all broke. Buying armor made a huge difference, but that's a complete change from previous zelda games where buying weapons and armor was largely a waste of rupees. I finally bought the soldier's set from the armor shop, and then upgraded stats from the first fairy outside of kakariko village. I found a second fairy that wanted 500 rupees to come out, and I don't have that money laying around yet. After collecting some better weapons over time and finally getting some armor, I went back and beat the shit out of the two tests of strength shrines lol.

The visuals are so nice though. I appreciated the cell shading in wind waker, but didn't care so much for toon link and open ocean world. I liked the visuals in skyward sword, but hated the game for having what i thought was a crappy overworld, linear levels, and repetitive boss fights. Breath of the Wild graphics knock it out of the park though. I feel like I'm playing through the old 80's arcade game Dragon's Lair, but in true open world and 3d fashion. So Breath of the Wild nails that fantasy setting and feeling. I'm surprised the game can run on the Wii U to be honest. There is still a lot of pop-in on the Switch, is the Wii U even worse?

The biggest question in the back of my mind while playing is whether breath of the wild is the best zelda game I've ever played/the best of all time. Not having gotten really far into the game, I can't really say and I don't want those questions and expectations to ruin my current experience. But I will say i'm enjoying Breath of the Wild thus far, especially now that I'm understanding the basics (cooking, getting a horse, weapons, increasing hearts/stamina, etc). With that out of the way I'm just gonna progress through the story at a casual pace while exploring and doing other things. I used to wonder how people had put so many hours into Breath of the Wild, but now I understand. It seems even once the game is finish there will still be hours and hours of other things to go and do.

Last edited:
Amazingly cool, yeah. This game is easily one of the greatest game ever made, and they don't come often for me because the only other modern game (2015 - ) i'd consider a GOAT is The Witcher 3. So i'm gonna cherish every moment of this first playthrough because i know it's not gonna be the same on subsequent playthroughs.

Thinking about switching from Bloodhound's Fang to a Blasphemous blade build. Shit would be 100 times easier with its skill because how much opportunity you have to cheese your way through. But damn Bloodhound's Fang is so incredibly fun, it's like a dance every time i engage in combat.
I used Bloodhound’s Fang for most of the game, my favorite weapon easily. I had to respec for other weapon to beat the late-game bosses though. Maliketh was so damn hard, I defeated him more by sheer luck than skill. The Blasphemous Blade is incredibly broken, I wouldn’t have beaten the final boss without it.

Enjoy your playthrough! Elden Ring is really something special.

I used Bloodhound’s Fang for most of the game, my favorite weapon easily. I had to respec for other weapon to beat the late-game bosses though. Maliketh was so damn hard, I defeated him more by sheer luck than skill. The Blasphemous Blade is incredibly broken, I wouldn’t have beaten the final boss without it.

Enjoy your playthrough! Elden Ring is really something special.

Yeah, i'm switching, fuck it. Already poured more than 100 hours with Bloodhound, and i'm 85% done with the game. Time to pour the rest with Blasphemous and have some insane fun.

Either way, on NG+ i'm doing a pure Strength Guts (Berserk) build.

I can't seem to get into anything at the moment. I've played games from my backlog yesterday and today but I didn't really enjoy any of them. Divinity: Original Sin 2, Dragon's Dogma, Kingcome Come: Deliverance and Mortal Shell. I've started FFXII just now. I got about halfway through it back when I had the PS2 version but never got around to finishing it.
For me they are all games I ‘should’ enjoy but they all lack something that makes them compulsive.

Currently playing Gloomhaven Digital, TTS and Tabletop!

Crimson's Scales and Frosthaven are about to come out, so can't wait to have one goliath campaign combining them all together 🤯.

Still Ragnarok. Fucking game is way too long and I just want it to end so I can wipe it from my ssd and never think about it again. This game is so much worse than its predecessor. I have no patience for these overlong padded out games anymore. Not everything needs to be a derivative of Assassin's Creed. I didn't finish HFW because of this and Forspoken looks to be exactly the same boring ass open world bullshit that sony loves to shit out nowadays.

Gandih42

Finished Astral Chain but I'm planning to replay it quite a bit, possibly beat it on Pt Ultimate. The combat is so good and getting better at Legion switching is so satisfying. Might even try and complete the Orders... But that's probably too tall an order.

Still playing Spiritfarer, game opened up quite a bit more after getting the third traversal ability and I'm quite enjoying it. Although I'm spending too much time farming and spoiling the spirits with food.

Returned to my second Elden Ring playthrough, been a while and wish I had more time for that too. But it's time will come.

Duchess

Coming towards the end of Ghost of Tsushima's DLC. Been loving it, well worth playing if you enjoyed the main game.

One thing that's a bit frustrating is how I find Medium a bit too easy, with me seemingly always have tons of resolve, while on Hard I get beaten around the head and shoulders, and have to heal myself after just 1 or 2 hits (even with the toughest armour and charms).

Cramoss

Currently playing FFVIII for the first time and the FFVII Remake.

I don't like some of the changes of the story in the Remake but no big deal.

i just got to that scene in FFVII :messenger_loudly_crying: i knew that it was going to happen as i read a spoiler before i started the game but this is me actually experiencing it. even having spoiled it for myself it hit hard and i'm so sad. i'm dreading seeing it happen in Rebirth or "Reunion".

so now i'm at some icy part of the map and it seems i'm on "disc 2" now.

should i be focused on picking a permanent party or am i ok to keep switching them out? i don't have vincent. i don't like cait sith. cid seems cool though. yuffie is probably my favourite along with tifa and barrett.

stn

I was playing some NFS Heat (XSX), but decided to take a break and return to Greedfall (XSX). It is full of jank but there's a very solid RPG underneath it all. If you're a fan of RPG's similar to Dragon Age, its worth getting. Going to stick with it until I beat it.

oji-san

Banned
Watch Dogs Legion, bought it with AC Valhalla bundle 2 years ago, gave it 2-3 tries since then but couldn't click with it, but now i'm 5 hours in and kinda enjoy it, it's not as good as the first two WD games but still roaming London is cool for now, sadly one thing really annoys me is that when riding a drone you can't turn on the radio, so ok that makes sense i guess but there's also no ambient music at all, and i'm using the drone a lot with the game being silent is no fun, i hate moments like that in games, Fallout games are great when radio is off.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Coming towards the end of Ghost of Tsushima's DLC. Been loving it, well worth playing if you enjoyed the main game.

One thing that's a bit frustrating is how I find Medium a bit too easy, with me seemingly always have tons of resolve, while on Hard I get beaten around the head and shoulders, and have to heal myself after just 1 or 2 hits (even with the toughest armour and charms).
Lethal is the way to play -- a true Samurai experience.

When you're cutting down hordes of enemies in a camp without having to attack each enemy 7-10 times, that sequence of fluid movement just feels great.

Beat Midnight Suns, overall pretty fantastic game. Only real complaint is I wished there was more enemy variety. Surprised the whole game is either a couple types of Hydra military soldiers, then a couple different types of demon looking dudes. Wished they had pulled from the catalog further for some more interesting encounters.

About to head back into a couple I haven’t played in a while.

Am going to finish up GT7, I’ve only got a couple races left then pickup where I left off in Tales of Arise.

I’ll get around to Ghostwire here soon as well.

Last edited:

RAIDEN1

Outside of Monkey Island (the latest one which is up there with the best of them I'd say) I have been "playing" (in terms of movie playback that is :messenger_grinning_smiling:) The Last of Us Part 1 to see what all the fuss is about these past 9 years...it hasn't ever been a game on my "radar" compared to the Uncharted series...must say the ending caught me by surprise....and I've just started earlier The Last of Us Part 2 the movie....(On Youtube..) quite entertaining so far....

Just finished TLOU Pt II and got the Platinum. First I've played it since release.

Not much to add beyond what's already been said. Gameplay is incredible--I went Survivor+ for all difficulty settings except Resources and Companion AI, which I bumped way down. I'm a habitual re-loader when things go imperfectly during encounters. Playing this way, I could improvise when things went south instead of restarting due to lack of resources. And having AI partners pull their weight felt more realistic, imo.

Had a blast. No other game evokes the feeling of being realistically hunted, imo, outside of playing against real humans in a multiplayer game.

More games need difficulty settings with multiple sliders like this. Really got to tailor it to the experience I wanted.

The story and setup can be pretentious and in-your-face with themes, sure, but you have to be emotionally blunted not to be impacted by that ending.

Really curious how the TV show will present Part 2's story, if they end up making it.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Batman Arkham Origins

Love the Arkham trilogy so was curious to see how this game fit in the mould, since it was not developed by Rocksteady. So far it's pretty good. Familiar gameplay as to expect but it doesn't matter. Don't fix if it ain't broke so to say. Zipping around Gotham pummeling bad guys feels great. The Christmas setting is a nice too. I hope the story deliver and so far the game has been setting up an interesting roster of villains. Excited to see what's next in store for the Dark Knight.

Last edited:
i just got to that scene in FFVII :messenger_loudly_crying: i knew that it was going to happen as i read a spoiler before i started the game but this is me actually experiencing it. even having spoiled it for myself it hit hard and i'm so sad. i'm dreading seeing it happen in Rebirth or "Reunion".

so now i'm at some icy part of the map and it seems i'm on "disc 2" now.

should i be focused on picking a permanent party or am i ok to keep switching them out? i don't have vincent. i don't like cait sith. cid seems cool though. yuffie is probably my favourite along with tifa and barrett.
They level up alongside you at a slightly slower pace so it’s okay to chop and change.

Every time I played it I planned to use a different set of characters.

And every time I’d end up sticking with Tifa and Barrett pretty much the whole time. I have a thing for default characters and loadouts.

Hurahn7

Banned
Guardian Heroes. I may have heard about it in this thread, not sure. Old school Treasure game, but for some reason I find it fun. Also want to say I love this thread. I check it out every few weeks and research some of the games yall are playing to find games I wouldn't normally play.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Guardian Heroes. I may have heard about it in this thread, not sure. Old school Treasure game, but for some reason I find it fun. Also want to say I love this thread. I check it out every few weeks and research some of the games yall are playing to find games I wouldn't normally play.
Everyone finds that game fun.

They level up alongside you at a slightly slower pace so it’s okay to chop and change.

Every time I played it I planned to use a different set of characters.

And every time I’d end up sticking with Tifa and Barrett pretty much the whole time. I have a thing for default characters and loadouts.
i just noticed that they scale. ive been sticking with Tifa and Barrett too. i feel the same lol i wish i could kick cait. cid is not bad but i dont use him much. i didnt even want yuffie at first but i got her to see what she was like because i know she is in remake. she became one my favourites. i definetly will be reinstalling remake to play the yuffie dlc.

im now at the glacier area after the snowboard mini game and getting to some dudes cabin. i climbed up the mountain trying to keep Cloud warm but now im stuck at boss dragon with 2 heads. i keep dying :( i checked a guide and it's saying use these materia and these skills but i dont have them. i havent really been paying too much attention to collecting everything.

i got a dragon armlet off another dragon which apparently helps. maybe i need to grind and level up a bit for a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
1) SCORN
- The game does justice to the H.R. Giger inspired art style and designs.
- The atmosphere and ambience are on point. Dark, eerie, desolate, and slimy.

2) Bayonetta 3
- Over the top action.
- Kaiju battles.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Finished Grime, which I loved.

Started messing around with Gran Turismo 7. Not sure how long I'll play it. I plan to jump back and forth between that and Crisis Core.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Soul Calibur V

I actually never played this one back in the day (I had SCIV) and so I just bought it on the PS store for my PS3.

lachesis

Almost (?) wrapping up Gravity Rush 2.
I'm on the epilogue (?) part. Few new side quests to complete and 1 new challenge quest came up. After that, I guess I'll try out the Raven's story part.

So far, very very mixed feeling about it. lack of any meaningful "lock-on" is real issue for me, and camera/collision detect, and so many new abilities thrown at you so late in the game. (Shifting is one thing, and that Panther ability too)

Actually I didn't like any of side characters, especially the citizens who were always mean, distant and constantly berate Kat, and underlying common humor theme of making a fool out of Kat with almost no reward - so when the villain was trying to destroy the city - I felt like "let it burn!" I just couldn't figure out why Kat would be so fond of the city, after she's been thru - perhaps she has heart of gold, or she's just so foolish and naive to the point of not being able to relate myself.

Anyway, hoping to finish the game and get done with it.

And why or why not would you recommend someone else to play it?

Please do not post unmarked spoilers.

I am currently playing Wolfenstein 2 on Xbox One X.

I would recommend playing it. It has surprised me with great storytelling and a mature but coherent plot. The visuals are stunning to me, and it is loaded with interesting personalities. Off the wall but good.

I do not recommend it if younger. The game is very mature in its themes and plots. This is definitely not a game for younger, not matured kids.
Just beat Ratchet and Clank going commando. Playing Days Gone and yall sleeping hard asf on this game especially with the 3D audio! I gotta say it but im having more fun on days gone than TLOU2! im playing alot of other shit to

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Nobody Saves the World - it's fun, and it's surprising how big the game is. But I'm getting a little burned out at this point. Sometimes it's not completely clear where to progress, between new areas on the map, new skills you need to grind from your various jobs, or new quests and objectives that you have to do.

Sonic Frontiers - finally getting into it for real. The game is great, and I expected it to be good. It's truly a winning formula: explore open world and every few seconds there's a small puzzle or platforming section. Then do the race levels and go for coins and S rank times, legitimately decent large scale bosses and decent combat as well. Been very easy to keep going so far. You're rewarded with something to do every few seconds.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Finally beat Kero Blaster. That hard mode has been one of the coolest I've seen so far, felt like it actually was the second half of the game.

I recommend this one, it's challening, fun and has a ton of charm. It's also not very long, I beat it in around 7 hours.

Last edited:
After finishing Last of Us Part 1 remake and digging it quite a lot I decided to give Part 2 another go.

Instantly get reminded of what originally bothered me about it. The storytelling is just…. Come on man, I don’t even care about the woke crap but within the first 3-4 hours we go Ellie tied up but for some reason awefully sure that the bad guys are not going to kill her and she can continue her quest. I mean…

Tied up Ellie: I’m going to kill you mate. Random bad bloke: Let’s let her live.

What?

Last edited:
Top Bottom