• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game will you play for spooky October?

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
I'm trying to finish Emio: The Smiling Man, but other than that, the entire spooky month will be dedicated to playing Metaphor and LiS: Double Exposure (it releases later in the month).

81cVlcCwQBL._SL1500_.jpg

I'm playing zoochosis. In the list of maybe there's sh2 original, signalis, dead space remake, callisto protocol and maybe fear 1 if the mods don't crash this time

Last edited:

TheStam

I would also like to get into horror games but the sense of dread often becomes overpowering. I love story games and also horror movies, but it often gets overwhelming when you are the player in control. I quite enjoyed Alan Wake 2 though, so maybe there is hope. But games like RE2 Remake, SOMA, Callisto Protocol and Alien Isolation made me nope out. Not to mention the Dead Space Remake. Game looks stunning, but the first alien contact made me ALT+F4 > Uninstall > Hide this game :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

Pimpollo818

Playing the Silent Hill 2 Enhanced Edition. Made it to the apartments last night. Forgot how confusing the layout is. Monster design, atmosphere, and sound is as stellar as I remember.

RCX

Going to give Amnesia Dark Descent a try. Its been sitting in my steam library for years and I've seen it come up a lot recently. Seems very well regarded so I'm going to give it a go.

Radical_3d

Crow Country, probably. I can’t play anything demanding until the Pro arrives.

Also spooky month where I live:
oasis-Kerzaz-Wadi-Saoura-Algeria-western-Sahara.jpg

Last edited:

noobdoomguy8658

Neo Member
Curious, by the way, how many of you play horror games at night, lights out, all alone? I'm too easily scared, so when that does happen, it never lasts and then I have to distract myself with something nice and have some lights on for a while.

Kinda wish it was different, but I'm also a little fond of my sensitivity in that matter because the horror games become really intense that way.

Deerock71

I...I think I finally found my way through the robots in Alien: Isolation. The Steam Deck OLED is making me stay up late into the night to keep on playing. I hate what it's doing to me during the day, but I LOVE my late-night gaming sessions!

Ceadeus

Gold Member
I don't plan on playing horror games but I religiously watch Dan's Gaming horror month every year. Lot of laughter to be had lol, most of the time the game are so cheesy.

Top Bottom