• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What games are you buying day one for the rest of the year?

Magic Carpet

Gold Member
Steam wish list has several I got lined up.
Cygni: All Guns Blazing
No Rest for the Wicked
Eriksholm: The Stolen Dream
Beyond Good & Evil 20th Anniversary Edition

Also buying a PS5 PRO with new Astrobot

Everything else is on Gamepass.

Bernardougf

Dont buy games day one anymore ... havent for two years ... but I thanks all beta testers that do this sacrifice so I can play a better optimized, cheaper and more complete game in about 6 to 12 months.

Topher

Gold Member
Then I don’t understand why people acting it’s already announced with release date, they are even who are selling their PS5 as if Pro is around the corner……I’m confused.

Yeah....I sold mine in anticipation of Pro. Value of the base model is only going to go down. But yes, it is a gamble since nothing is official yet. It's fine. The games will still be there when I have PS5 again. Until then, I have plenty to play on PC and Xbox.

bender

What time is it?
Yeah....I sold mine in anticipation of Pro. Value of the base model is only going to go down. But yes, it is a gamble since nothing is official yet. It's fine. The games will still be there when I have PS5 again. Until then, I have plenty to play on PC and Xbox.

Want to play some NCAA on PSN tonight?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I see, for me I have no interest in “Pro” if there is one….I rather spend my money on actual new system like next Nintendo system or PS6.

Also this gen majority of Sony first party don’t interest me and currently my PS5 is mostly mutiplatfom machine.
If I was graphic obsess enough to spend money on “Pro” version then I would rather just get a PC which still going outperform Pro version of PS5.

//DEVIL//

Already did for black ops 6 because it’s a tradition at this point with the friend s

And planning to buy wukong as well

Denton

Buying these two below on day 1, collector's editions, and then playing few more in subs (probably SW Outlaws, Indiana Jones, Avowed)

Kingdom Come Deliverance 2

kcdii_announce_05_battlestart_56cea69d-b88b-4498-8648-bf230826b127.jpg

STALKER 2

2212-x02.jpg

Slav games ftw

Last edited:

Blindy

August:
(maybe) Black Myth: Wukong

September:
Astro Bot
Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom

October:
Metaphor: reFantazio
Life is Strange: Double Exposure(Have it on a sale preorder)

Thought there would be more TBH. Some I have interest in but might wait on sales for those.

Topher

Gold Member
I see, for me I have no interest in “Pro” if there is one….I rather spend my money on actual new system like next Nintendo system or PS6.

Also this gen majority of Sony first party don’t interest me and currently my PS5 is mostly mutiplatfom machine.
If I was graphic obsess enough to spend money on “Pro” version then I would rather just get a PC which still going outperform Pro version of PS5.

Makes sense. I want Pro primarily for better frame rates which I expect PSSR to do. I have a fairly good PC, but I still enjoy trophy hunting and such on PS5 so it isn't just about exclusives for me.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
EDF 6 is around the corner, I'll be getting that one for sure even if the price is a bit too steep for a game that released on Japan a few years ago.

Also, it's quite possible that I'll get Metaphor, Dragon Quest III HD2D and KCD2 on day 1 too.

LRKD

Pretty much the only time I buy anything day 1 anymore is preorders from stuff like Strictly Limited, and even those are rare. I don't think there is anything I'll be buying day one the rest of this year. The Physical Editions of Touhou Luna Nights is tempting, but I was a little annoyed at the price for the collector's edition.

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
None. But I will eventually get Link's wand echoes in Zelda some time this year, at least.

Marvel vs. Capcom Fighting Collection
Stalker 2 (depending on reviews)

(I'm cheap, and I almost always wait for a sale these days...)

Muffdraul

Astro Bot
Silent Hill 2
Assassin's Creed Shadows - after how buggy Valhalla was at launch, I swore I wouldn't buy the next AC at launch. But I did... and thankfully AC Mirage was very light on bugs, in fact I don't recall any worth remembering. So, fingers crossed.
MGS3 Delta - is that this year? Forgot to add it to my anal retentive 'upcoming releases' spreadsheet.... =P

clarky

Gold Member
Wukong, Astrobot and Spacemarine. If they turn out as good as they look. Maybe Stalker 2 if its not jank city to support them mad lads over there.

Everything else, Gamepass.

Leviathicus

Age of Mythology Retold unless my friends decides to drop out.

Maybe: Silent Hill 2, DBZ Sparking Zero, The Casting of Frank Stone

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
Star Wars Outlaws
Assassins Creed Shadows
Dragon Quest III 2D-HD
Metaphor (I keep forgetting I got that special edition lol)
MGS3 remake Steebook edition (but that seems to more so be for next year)

6578448_sd.png;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550
6584017_sd.png;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550
6587702_sd.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550
1145564-metaphor-refantazio-ps5-2d.webp
6586815_sd.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550

I wanted to get Visons Of Mana, that new Zelda game and Astro Bot game day 1, but with taking 7 classes this fall, clearly something will have to give lol

I want more RPGs then I have time to actually enjoy, maybe next year I'll pick a few of these up

TwiztidElf

Tomorrow: Kunitsu-Gami: Path of the Goddess
Evo Shadow drop this weekend ;) : Marvel v Capcom collection

September: Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster
October: Metaphor Re Fantazio

Nydius

Literally just Astro Bot. The rest of the games I want to play this year, I can wait for them to go on sale. With exception to Legend of Zelda, of course, since Nintendo sales are few and far between but, in that game's case, I want to wait for some reviews and user impressions.

I don't normally buy games day one, but GameStop offers a lot of store credit right now for trade-ins towards new games. So, I traded in 10 games and fully paid off the following:

Trails Through Daybreak (Jul 5)

Visions of Mana (Aug 29)

Astro Bot (Sep 6)

Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (Sep 26)

Reynatis (Sep 27)

Metaphor Re Fantazio (Oct 11)

Ys X: Nordics (Oct 25)

Dragon Quest 3 (Nov 14)

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
There isn’t a single title that is 100% locked in except D4 DLC expansion.

There’s plenty that looks to be a day one, like:
Silent Hill 2 Remake
Space Marine 2
Metaphor
YsX
War Within expansion
MGS Remake
PoE2

And just about every other major release is a maybe or gamepass or ubipass etc.

Clover904

Silent Hill
Concord
Astrobot
Life is Strange Double Exposure
Neva
The Casting of Frank Stone
Fear the Spotlight
The Plucky Squire

Last edited:

Pejo

Visions of Mana, Astro Bot for sure.

Metaphor, Wukong, Ys possibly. No indication of quality or anything, it's just gonna depend on my backlog and how much gaming time I have available when they release. I'll buy all 3 of them eventually.

Crayon

I don't have anything demanding full price on my radar rn. I just had a fat streak of them, which is great.

After AC6, BG3, Tekken 8, stellar blade, and rebirth, I'm just going to consider myself lucky. I've got plenty of stuff I want to play more than anything on the way.

Top Bottom