• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the oldest game you own as a physical version?

This was a gift from Julian Gollop when I did some work for him (still sealed). I used to be a big Spectrum fan but sold that and all the games ages ago. This is the oldest in my collection now (shame its C64).

laser-squad.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe NES golf with the converter inside.

There may be 2600 cartridges in this house somewhere but it's been a long time since I've seen one.

Muffdraul

Somewhere in my boxes of old shit I still have all of my Microvision games. The Microvision itself is long gone, but I kept the games. I must have at least 10. The copy of Blockbuster that came with the device would be the oldest. Got it for my birthday in April 1981.

2Dds8PQ.jpeg

(lol, "BALLS" XD)

bad guy

as bad as Danny Zuko in gym knickers
Risiko (board game) from before consoles existed.

Mechwarrior 2 (DOS Version)

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
I have a lot of 2600 carts in a box somewhere. I have a few NIB silver box 2600 carts but I honestly can't remember what they are.

Last edited:

Dr. Suchong

Got a lot of Nes/2600/C64 games but couldn't remember for the life of me which is oldest.
In the middle of compiling my physical collection as an aid to memory as to what I own, and to make a tight list of "must plays before I die" across multiple formats.
Probably Frogger on 2600 or Laser zone on C64

MacReady13

From memory, we have Ladybug, The Smurfs, Cosmic Avenger, Carnival on ColecoVision and Pacman on the Atari 2600 attachment for the ColecoVision.

Some of those Coleco games we still actually have boxed as well.

BlackTron

I have 33 Atari 2600 carts, with the oldest being Combat from 1977

sryLt2r.jpeg

I like how you have the games standing upright at the top of stacks. Zelda and Mario 1/2/3 is 👌 but my OCD fired when Sonic 1 is placed after Sonic 2 lol. What is the Sonic cart sitting next to the game genie? Never seen that art. My first reaction was fan game but different territory maybe 🤷‍♂️

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
Here's the collection of Atari 8-bit games I have. Most are not the first editions so they range 1982 - 1986 even if the games themselves are often older.

Collecting them as I love the cover art on these.

FGj3xwb.jpeg

I hate how they did two different sizes of the small black boxes.

Laptop1991

Still got all my boxed PC games from the 90's and early 2000's in a cupboard, i don't want to bin them, you can't really use them now, some going back to MSDos 6.2 and Windows 3.1, all bought and paid for lol.

The oldest stuff I still have lying around is from 1993

- Simon the Sorceror
- Lands of Lore

Got rid of my NES/Gameboy stuff long ago.

Might still have something older lying back at my parents house in Germany (live already 15 years in Japan), but I remember I have there a lot of NES, Commodore 64 games. But the earliest might be Rampage on the Amstrad CPC from 87.

I like how you have the games standing upright at the top of stacks. Zelda and Mario 1/2/3 is 👌 but my OCD fired when Sonic 1 is placed after Sonic 2 lol. What is the Sonic cart sitting next to the game genie? Never seen that art. My first reaction was fan game but different territory maybe 🤷‍♂️

Its from the Sonic Mania collector's edition, its a fake cart with a gold ring inside

Leviathicus

Some real relics on this thread. I don't own anything that old, I think my oldest physical game is Kings Bounty Armored Princess for PC. I bought it on Walmart in one of those sales bins.

Top Bottom