• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What the hell is happening to society?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the point the video was taken, MTA workers were already on the way to help the woman by unlocking the door with a key. There was nothing bystanders could do but try to break the door, counterproductive and more dangerous than waiting a few minutes. I guess someone could have stopped to talk to her, but it's not like she was left to die. Let's not fall for tabloid sensationalism or grandpa's email chains.

norm9

Meanwhile, in Australia, when a man falls in the platform gap.

image.jpg

Leg stretches are always important.

daviyoung

Banned
There is no passenger accessible release for the doors

Those are some shitty trains then. Never seen one that has electric doors that don't open automatically when they hit something. Just a massive oversight that it can literally trap stuff in its jaws.

And would it not have been possible for one or two people to manually pry the doors enough for the woman to get her head out? That seems like the issue here, that no one tried.

Those are some shitty trains then. Never seen one that has electric doors that doesn't open automatically when it hits something. Just a massive oversight that it can literally trap stuff in its jaws.

And would it not have been possible for one or two people to manually pry the doors enough for the woman to get her head out? That seems like the issue here, that no one tried.
Maybe, but if the door is electronic, that might risk you opening it a bit and then slamming in her face again. If help is on the way and she isn't actively being hurt, better to wait.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Our trains are out of date yes. And those are some of the more modern ones.

milkham

Those are some shitty trains then. Never seen one that has electric doors that don't open automatically when they hit something. Just a massive oversight that it can literally trap stuff in its jaws.

that's how they usually work, I've never seen anyone get stuck like this before

There is no passenger accessible release for the doors

I live in new york and see people help other new yorkers and tourists all the fucking time.

I had a good experience there as a tourist. One lady led my family all over the subway to help us find our train. The only person that was really a rude dick to me was a cop on the Staten Island Ferry.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
That is barely thread-worthy, I I would've probably let it go, but you had to go with a clickbait title...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom