• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What would you pay for a next gen system with real time graphics like this ?

Hellraizah

6255.jpg

6238.jpg

6267.jpg

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
You can keep it. The resources needed would make dev cycles way too long and expensive.

Plus those are all close-up. Show me some environments! Fuk faces and close ups.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
My soul, whatever that old thing is worth.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Midas said:
I guess you wont buy another console then!
I have high doubts that any future console will ever debut at more than $300.

Unless you were talking about the hypothetical console from this thread, which would probably cost several GAZILLION dollars.

Midas

I really dont think PS3, XBX2 and Revolution (or whatever it's called) will cost less than $300 at launch. But I sure hope I'm wrong. :)

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Midas said:
I really dont think PS3, XBX2 and Revolution (or whatever it's called) will cost less than $300 at launch. But I sure hope I'm wrong. :)
Why? None of their predecessors did, and console history (i.e., Panasonic 3DO) has shown that a pricepoint higher than $300 is difficult for people to swallow.

I wouldn't pay a fucking dime. Why the fuck you want ultra real? Go live life then. Give me fantasy and exaggerated anyday - versus 'realistic'. Some things should not be meddled with. And that's my videogames. Sewer Shark rules!! 2D and exaggeration forever!!

MattCoz

Midas said:
Nintendo has never released a console for more than $200, why would they release one for over $300?

Studs Ramrod said:
I wouldn't pay a fucking dime. Why the fuck you want ultra real? Go live life then. Give me fantasy and exaggerated anyday - versus 'realistic'. Some things should not be meddled with. And that's my videogames. Sewer Shark rules!! 2D and exaggeration forever!!

DenisDuckFat?

DCX

DCX
Studs Ramrod said:
Ultra Realistic would work in some games not all, especially in sports games.

DCX

FightyF

Banned
I think that next gen will do graphics akin to that.

Remember that everything will be faked rather than rendered in real-time. Textures will be used...the lighting will be more basic...but the end result can look very close to all of these pictures.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
evil solrac v3.0 said:
if they cant come out with consoles at reasonable prices, then they shouldnt bother to release them at all.

I love you.

Jumpman

The girl in the first picture looks exactly like my friend Kathy. Eerie stuff. I think I'm going to have to ask her if she did any modeling for a CG render. She is an actress, so not to much of a stretch.

Oh and $299.99.

belgurdo

Banned
Justin Bailey said:
This one isn't helping the "realistic VG characters don't look like corpses" argument.

Like I said in the topic concerning that article, chalk that up to bad art rather than a latent fear of artificial humanity

Pimpbaa

Dreamfixx said:
What's the point of games being that realistic? Who cares for that sort of detail?

The point is it looks a hell of a lot better. I really don't understand this anti-progressive attitude some gamers have. Even if you don't like a realistic look, think of what this kind of power will do for more stylised graphics.

Gattsu25

Banned
the power of wiping out smaller developers due to production costs required to keep up with the bigger devs?

I'd pay $300 for a console...give me a video card that can do that in a PC @ 60 FPS and i'll pay much more, however :b

hobbitx

Is that girl in the first pic anyone in particular? Like another made up character like Eve Solal, or is that just a one shot rendering? Damn she's hot, if she looks like a corpse, you can call me the biggest necrophiliac around! :)

I wouldn't pay a fucking dime. Why the fuck you want ultra real? Go live life then. Give me fantasy and exaggerated anyday

Uhh, that's the point, we want exaggerated sci-fi and fantasy fiction that looks ultra real.

Pimpbaa

hobbitx said:
Uhh, that's the point, we want exaggerated sci-fi and fantasy fiction that looks ultra real.

Exactly! Realistic graphics doesn't necessarily have to mean realistic themes. It just helps you become more immersed in a fictional world.

pcostabel said:
I'll pay $1,000 for a console with graphics like these:
moebius_futuristic.jpg

bilal2.jpg

frazetta.jpg

segrel06.jpg

HellboyArt.jpg

Yep!

I was going to say the same thing, but the only Shirow pic I have on my friends server is this one, and I was reluctant to post it. Context of image may well be NSFW. :X

Gimme a game that looks like that = SOLD! :p

dorio

Banned
Problem is that game hardware would have to render dozens of that girl model in realtime so this hardware would be pretty worthless.

Top Bottom