• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wheelchair operator coming to Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege

MDSLKTR

Splinter Cell remake to cast Sam Fisher as a double amputee

7270ca8f0742459e9e2f7ac424c1784b.gif

Embearded

It's been years since Siege lost its appeal.
It was the best shooter with good balistics and characters and now its full of meaningless characters with pink skins that create unrealistic situations that break immersion.
This is just another addition to the nonsensical updates they've been pushing.

hlm666

Doesn't look like whoever thought this was "cool" does much with wheelchairs, they would have their emotion wheels connected to the the big ass computer/screens sitting on the front of the chair. The good news is they could roll around the map backwards when firing because it's a manual chair without brakes. May aswell have used a hover chair at this point the thing even strafes...........

StueyDuck

Why does ubisoft want me to shoot disabled people?

There is no way that this doesn't end up looking comical.

Majority of siege maps are heavily stairwell oriented. And if they are an attacker does that mean they'll rappel too 🤣

Fucking ubisoft

Last edited:
Please let this be real. I'm thinking this is a 7d chess strategy to give the game some virality for a couple weeks. Man I've stopped playing after the release of the Italians, what has happened with the game 🤣

TVexperto

I was ready to shit on it .. but they actually made the character cool? I think its a good addition and much better than other shit operators they put out the last few years

nani17

are in a big trouble
We have a guy in a wheelchair and we still don't have the Irish Defense Force what the fuck.

Cyberpunkd

Ubisoft does so much political pandering.
What political pandering? Disabled people are one of the most kind and patient people, they are used to having thick skin and being treated like shit. You probably need to try multiple times more to piss of a disabled person than a member of the alphabet rainbow brigade.
This is really the case of someone at Ubisoft being braindead and seeing no difference between woke and physical disability. You cannot "feel like you have legs" the same way you "feel like you are in the wrong body".

Cyberpunkd

Wait, is the OP and everyone else stupid or maybe blind? Because I just checked the videos and it looks like it's a tag team of human operator and a robot she controls? Then the gimmick is to switch between them or something? Either way it's not the wheelchair person that is moving.

John Bilbo

Wait, is the OP and everyone else stupid or maybe blind? Because I just checked the videos and it looks like it's a tag team of human operator and a robot she controls? Then the gimmick is to switch between them or something? Either way it's not the wheelchair person that is moving.
Yeah I really should have watched the clips before commenting.

Based on the clips it seems you don't really control the wheelchair guy but the robots. So it doesn't matter if the game has a jump button. The guy in the wheelchair won't be jumping anyway.

winjer

Gold Member
What political pandering? Disabled people are one of the most kind and patient people, they are used to having thick skin and being treated like shit. You probably need to try multiple times more to piss of a disabled person than a member of the alphabet rainbow brigade.
This is really the case of someone at Ubisoft being braindead and seeing no difference between woke and physical disability. You cannot "feel like you have legs" the same way you "feel like you are in the wrong body".

First off, I was talking about Ubisoft. Not disabled people. What Ubisoft is doing does not come from a place of goodness and compassion, it's comes from political pandering, just like everything they have done in recent times.
Second, disabled people are just like everyone else. Some are good people, some are bad. And even the way they act varies with each day, just like everyone else.
Let's not pretend they are worse or better than any one else. They might have some challenges, but they contribute for our society.

Wheelchair in a fight isn't realistic but neither is respawning. There's room for some fun - that's the whole point of video games, and I'd bet people who are disabled including vets injured in wars might enjoy this.

Chupanibre

This place is becoming so anti-woke that it feels like I'm on Truth Social sometimes. It's like the kids I teach that join in with the hazing because everyone else is doing it.

Also, it looks like it'll work fine to me.

acidagfc

NVM, this one is actually decently implemented. Not sure if it was needed, but certainly not as bad as it sounds from the title.
I should stop failing for the clickbaity titles.

Last edited:

StereoVsn

I was hoping for armored and weaponized hover chair. It would have been kind of interesting, lol.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Be interesting to see the fit for duty test video 🤔

Top Bottom