• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wheelchair operator coming to Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege

This dude is on a deadman profile and they throw him into a firefight lol, this guy would’ve been Med Boarded out…

That’s not the silhouette of an M4A1 Ubisoft…

MayauMiao

Behold, Ubisoft's next Assassin's Creed hero:
IPPUTpn.jpeg

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
It's been years since Siege lost its appeal.
It was the best shooter with good balistics and characters and now its full of meaningless characters with pink skins that create unrealistic situations that break immersion.
This is just another addition to the nonsensical updates they've been pushing.
Good ballistics? It's all hitscan. Pink skins is unrealistic how? IRL people can have pink skins easily.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
Haven't loaded up the game in a while, but anytime I have loaded it up and made fun of whatever latest woke bullshit they pushed into the game, everyone in the chat agreed with me, and nobody tried to defend it. There's two type of Siege player, hell, maybe just two types of gamer... the one who wants the operators to be idealistic badasses, and the ones who want chick operators with slutty skins to buy. Nobody wants a fucking wheelchair operator or they/them pronouns.

april6e

There are alot of people getting mad in this thread that never cared about Rainbow Six nor actively play it yet have strong opinions about this. If you think the character is silly, then don't play them. A wheelchair bound Operator is your breaking point but you casually missed the fact that 2B from Nier Automata is in the game, an anime hacker chick and a character who can remotely control 1:1 moveable holograms? Get over yourselves with your crappy "Ubisoft woke" takes.

I didn't know you guys thought Rainbow Six was an Arma clone.

Last edited:

jcorb

This literally feels like parody at this point.

I guess Siege jumped the shark quite a while ago, but still; funny that the game has gone from being a relatively grounded shooter, to a playground of forced representation and "diversity".

I genuinely wonder where this kind of stuff gets shoved into "modern" games. Is it the devs themselves are just super into this stuff, and are willing to include it at the cost of their audience? Is someone in marketing tone-deaf and thinks these tactics lead to increased sales? Or is it just pandering to a vocal minority in order to win brownie points?

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
I feel like the wheelchair guy would be like trying to shoot oddjob in goldeneye.
Thats why he was the best in that game lol

I still remember my friends and I racing to try to select him first lol

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
There are alot of people getting mad in this thread that never cared about Rainbow Six nor actively play it yet have strong opinions about this. If you think the character is silly, then don't play them. A wheelchair bound Operator is your breaking point but you casually missed the fact that 2B from Nier Automata is in the game, an anime hacker chick and a character who can remotely control 1:1 moveable holograms? Get over yourselves with your crappy "Ubisoft woke" takes.

I didn't know you guys thought Rainbow Six was an Arma clone.
You sound like you're too scared to plug in your mic, but report everyone else as 'toxic'

Iana is also stupid what's your point? Like the title screen was her hologram ON THE MOOOOOON, we were making fun of that shit too. Or when WAKANDA FOREVA showed up and the splash screen turned into a Marvel poster?

The aesthetics completely changed over the years, the launch product was much more grounded and pretty light on the sci-fi elements. It's not even a question.

Launch trailer:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I wonder if you're team mate can push you 🤔
Definitely won't hear footsteps 😳
Wonder if the chair rolls back with each shot 🤣
Leaked boss design

FyF3Ogy.jpeg
You can get up steps on a wheelchair, a ladder though.....

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa
Remember when Rainbow Six was called "the thinking man's first person shooter" and it was meant to be way more realistic, almost like a sim?

Now look at the state of it, what's the point of the Tom Clancy branding?

We've just gotten legit stupider as a society and it's very troubling, somehow it's considered mean to point out that in real life a person is not going to be going into combat situations in a wheelchair, so all reality ignore has to be ignored and everything has to get dumbed down since we can no longer face the simple fact that life isn't fair.

Lethal01

Remember when Rainbow Six was called "the thinking man's first person shooter" and it was meant to be way more realistic, almost like a sim?

We've just gotten legit stupider as a society and it's very troubling, somehow it's considered mean to point out that in real life a person is not going to be going into combat situations in a wheelchair, so all reality ignore has to be ignored and everything has to get dumbed down since we can no longer face the simple fact that life isn't fair.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member

Despite it looking like a Pride Month parade these days, playing Siege at a decent level requires far more tactical thinking than the games from the 90s.

That's a cool robot/switch mechanic.

Wait, is the OP and everyone else stupid or maybe blind? Because I just checked the videos and it looks like it's a tag team of human operator and a robot she controls? Then the gimmick is to switch between them or something? Either way it's not the wheelchair person that is moving.
Don't trust any OP's headline here, always click on the links first.

Braag

What political pandering? Disabled people are one of the most kind and patient people, they are used to having thick skin and being treated like shit.
This is kinda off topic but I gotta do a correction here. I used to work retail and there I learned generalizing any group of people as being all "good" is pure naivety. We had a regular who was a really fat guy in a wheelchair. He would pretty much every time on purpose knock stuff over and then yell someone to come pick the stuff up, he would then scold you for making the lanes too hard to navigate with a wheelchair as you were fixing the mess he made. He literally refused to go through the main lane and would try to squeeze from areas which he was too fat to fit from. He was overall a nasty person and everyone was super anxious whenever he was in the store.

Also another dude in a wheelchair stole an electric toothbrush once when I was there. Our guard said he is a regular thief that is known in most stores in that area and he is known to sell the stolen stuff online.

So yeah, disabled people are people, they can be assholes too.

Mownoc

Was a mistake to make this new character have robots. They could have been the new oddjob. Too low to shoot.

The chaos and screaming as this new character flies around on their wheeled contraption with an Uzi. The wheelchair armoured so you can only shoot them in the front. I am become death.

Top Bottom