• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where were YOU the day you heard VIN DIESEL MIGHT BE LEX LUTHOR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willco

Hollywood Square
... Me? I was eating a sandwhich, but am now cleaning up the mess after I gagged while reading this news item.

Vin Diesel Up for Lex Luthor in Superman?
Source: CHUD
Friday, June 18, 2004

CHUD reports that, with the hiring of producer Neal Moritz ("The Fast and the Furious," "XXX"), Warner Bros. might be looking at Vin Diesel...

Warner Bros. has obviously decided they want to make their megabudget Supes movie cool for "the kids", and with Moritz's involvement comes the desire to place Vin Diesel in the role of criminal mastermind Lex Luthor (a role previously linked to everyone from Kevin Spacey to Johnny Depp). With the Chronicles of Riddick franchise turning out to not actually be one (hey, I liked it), getting into another high-profile gig with a built-in recognition factor may not be such a bad idea for the Vin-man.

Hit the link above for more on Tom Welling as well.

what part of "Lex Luthor is supposed to be an OLDER guy" don't these douchebags understand? Goddamn lameass teenybopper WB tv show ruined EVERYTHING!

death_supes.jpg

Che

Banned
Ninja Scooter said:
how do you know i wasn't talking about 7th Heaven? Oh, thats right, because 7th Heaven ROCKS!

7th Heaven makes want to put my head into a blender and turn it on.

Odoul

Luthor in the animated series looked, was built, and sounded just like Diesel. As a matter of fact that Luthor was an EXACTLY what Vin Diesel would be like animated.

Bob White

The producer of The Fast and the Furious and XXX is producing superman?!

This shit will suck big time.

So, what rapper is going to guest star in the movie. Hold it, fuck the rapper, that will no doubt be in this movie, being cast as quick guest star, they'll probably make him Jimmy Olsen.

Bob White said:
So, what rapper is going to guest star in the movie. Hold it, fuck the rapper, that will no doubt be in this movie, being cast as quick guest star, they'll probably make him Jimmy Olsen.

well, you're close. Beyonce was supposed to be in the running for Lois Lane. This shit is gonna be a trainwreck. Thank god Batman Begins is looking like it'll kickass.

Iceman

Ninja Scooter said:
what part of "Lex Luthor is supposed to be an OLDER guy" don't these douchebags understand? Goddamn lameass teenybopper WB tv show ruined EVERYTHING!

Vin Diesel's almost 37 years old. Tom Welling is 27. Is that not enough of an age difference?

fart

Savant
NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU'RE DEAD TO ME, HOLLYWOOD
DEAD
I SHAKE MY FIST AT YOUR CORPSE

karasu

Lex Luthor has cloned bodies that make him younga nd shit anyway. It doesnt really matter. Spiderman is already fighting the senior citizens.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Despite the news item, Tom Welling is not the front runner for the Man of Steel. Henry Cavill, the fan favorite, is currently the front runner. But Warner Bros. is thinking about tinkering with Smallville and have Welling play the Man of Steel on the big screen. It's a very real option. For my money, I hope they go with Cavill and distance themselves from Smallville.

fart

Savant
if they're going to use any part of smallville, i hope they use the lex + clark romance. the rest of it is trash anyways

karasu said:
Lex Luthor has cloned bodies that make him younga nd shit anyway. It doesnt really matter. Spiderman is already fighting the senior citizens.

that storyline is from a while back karasu, and besides, it was one cloned body. i dont know if it would work well in this movie.

AeroGod

Vin Diesel is a damn good choice for Lex IMO.

Also, Vin Diesel/XXX/ Fast and the Furious haters are a fucking hilarious bunch. I salute you, as your relentless whining and moaning provide hours upon hours of reading enjoyment. You bring a great service to your country, keep it up.

Willco

Hollywood Square
whitechocolatespaceegg said:
Vin Diesel is a damn good choice for Lex IMO.

Also, Vin Diesel/XXX/ Fast and the Furious haters are a fucking hilarious bunch. I salute you, as your relentless whining and moaning provide hours upon hours of reading enjoyment. You bring a great service to your country, keep it up.

I don't hate Vin Diesel, but xXx and The Fast and The Furious really are pieces of trash. Really, they're just bad.

Willco

Hollywood Square
BuddyChrist83 said:
the gay Jimmy? Is he still gay in this script?

I've been told that the script that everybody hated has been radically changed and that gay Jimmy is out, along with alien Lex Luthor.

BuddyC

Willco said:
I've been told that the script that everybody hated has been radically changed and that gay Jimmy is out, along with alien Lex Luthor.

out as in out of the closet and openly gay, or out as in gone? (You're a master of trickery.)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Henry Cavill aka Superboy
henry%20cavill.jpg

Desperado

Where were YOU the day you heard VIN DIESEL MIGHT BE LEX LUTHOR?

I was somewhere not giving a shit about the new Superman movie.

EDIT: yeah yeah yeah, "why did you come into the thread if you dont care??" So I care a little. Not much, but a little. =P

evil ways

Che said:
I thought Lex Luthor was supposed to be kinda... elegant. Vin Diesel is a mule.

Not only that, he's supoosed to be the world's greatest criminal mastermind. You can barely make out what Vin Diesel says in his movies or interviews 80% of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom