• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which Coca-cola container do you prefer the taste of?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damaniel

Banned
glass bottle >>>> plastic bottle > can

I don't drink non-diet soda much, so I don't get the chance to drink out of a lot of glass bottles. Glass bottle Mexican Coke is damn awesome though.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Coke?

Probably glass bottle and then can. Plastic bottle is meh.

Dr Pepper I think tastes best with crushed ice out of a sytrofoam cup

tariniel

For me, Coke brands always tasted best out of a can, especially Dr. Pepper.

Pepsi is the opposite, I prefer it out of the 2 liter bottle.

Containers tend to alter the taste slightly.

Have you ever had canned water? Wanna tell me it tastes the same as bottled water?

Yeah but we're talking about the taste of the container here. It's hard to imagine a glass, plastic, or aluminum container tasting the same. They are radically different materials. I just don't think the flavor of the coke would affect the container that much so really what we're deciding is if glass, plastic, or aluminum tastes better. I'd say aluminum though I don't eat that much of it even after I finish my drink.

Gastone

Glass bottle, then can. Anything in plastic can fuck right off along with dispenser coke from fast food chains.

Raynes

The only proper way to drink coke:

McDs+Coke.png

I am serious

Looks like it'd go well with your meal:

NwqsK.jpg

I wish I could find the glass bottles around my area but I haven't seen any in years. For taste though I choose glass, not sure if its mental or what but Coke seems to taste better in a glass bottle.

RowdyReverb

i generally don't eat the container, does it absorb the flavor?
It has more to do with the metallic odor of the aluminum can that impacts how you perceive the flavor of the beverage. Technically speaking, the can is superior in preserving the beverage from the factory to the end consumer, but you need to pour it into a glass to get the most out of it.

KDR_11k

One-way plastic bottle. Pretty sure the reusable ones taste much harsher. I wonder if that's actually related to the container or just the tap water in the place where they're filled.

Fountain is the worst, especially if it's badly tuned...

A well maintained, pressurized fountain is the best by far. Those fancy Coke touchscreen machines are always calibrated really well. Can't go wrong with those.

Then can.
Then plastic.

A shit flat syrupy fountain is the worst.

Haven't had glass in years, I forget how that tastes.

Yep. I have no idea what they do to screw up the plastic version so badly.
CO2 actually slowly leaks though the polyethylene so it is slightly flatter than glass/aluminium products, and trace amounts of acetaldehyde may leak into the soda if it is left in a warm place and/or on direct sunlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom