• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which Coca-cola container do you prefer the taste of?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dhx

McDonalds Coke is the correct answer, theirs taste better than any other fountain coke for some reason.

Can otherwise. Glass bottle Mexican Coke is good but costs way too much.

This is the answer. We had a thread on this once. I recall the consensus being the only different variable was the supplied water for mixing and apparently McDonald's uses a water superior to most.

Would love to hear if anyone had more info to confirm or deny. This has always been a mystery I wanted to understand. It's important, dammit.

Minus_Me

This is the answer. We had a thread on this once. I recall the consensus being the only different variable was the supplied water for mixing and apparently McDonald's uses a water superior to most.

Would love to hear if anyone had more info to confirm or deny. This has always been a mystery I wanted to understand. It's important, dammit.

Wasn't there something also with the freshness of their syrup since they use so much on a daily basis? Could be thinking of something else.

Dhx

Wasn't there something also with the freshness of their syrup since they use so much on a daily basis? Could be thinking of something else.

Could be. The thread was many years ago so my recollection could be missing a few pieces. I do distinctly remember the water quality being key.

It's the syrup ratio. They say they adjust their syrup ratio to account for the watering down that happens when ice melts. So when you're starting to drink it and either have no ice or the ice hasn't melted yet, you're getting a stronger mix than normal.

I think you guys are burying the lead here, so to speak.

Think about this... if a plastic container tastes different from a metal container... that means we're all drinking plastic!

Dhx

It's the syrup ratio. They say they adjust their syrup ratio to account for the watering down that happens when ice melts. So when you're starting to drink it and either have no ice or the ice hasn't melted yet, you're getting a stronger mix than normal.

This makes a ton of sense, thank you. The first sip is something else and that would explain it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom