• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which system do you play the least but own a huge collection on?

Which system do you play the least but own a huge collection on?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DryvBy

I have a ton of freaking games. Way too many. And I was thinking how often I play on the platform vs how many games I actually own. Yes, I and other nerds waste money. And NO, don't include rental services like geForce Now, Game Pass, PS++, Nintendo stuff, etc.

I have 3000 Steam games and I probably have only touched a few hundred of them so I'm going with PC. If I didn't have a PC, PS4 for sure. I bought a lot of things I wanted to play and then never got around to them.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
PS5 solely because of the big PS4 content library from beforehand.

Multi-platform stuff I play on SX these days 90% of the time unless it's an egregiously bad version (like Callisto Protocol was at launch), so it gets a lot more active usage. PS5 mostly only for exclusives.

Last edited:

LordOfChaos

Wildcard answer: Wii U

Bought a 360 for 60 bucks, played it a few years, traded it for a Wii U with someone with kids that had a huge bundle with it, haven't played a fraction of it

Damigos

Epic store i ve spent 0 hours and have aroud 350 games.

Most time i spend on Bnet app cause of WoW
2nd most time i spend on PS5

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Steam, and it’s not close.

Bought a decent gaming PC a decade ago.
Played a bunch of games on it.
Bought a gazillion games during Steam sales.
Barely touched them.

Last time I did a OS clean reinstall and reinstalled Steam, I seriously wondered who the hell bought all those games with my account. I don’t remember buying half of them.

El Muerto

Gold Member
Definitely Steam. I always bought bundles since Humble Bundle first started, and also buy from Fanatical and IndieGala. Steam sales were great up until maybe 5 years ago so I loaded up before then. I'm at 1700 games and probably played 30% of them.

T4keD0wN

I keep on claiming games (i am also one of the 12 people who bought a game there) on Epic, i dont think ive played any aside from Alan Wake 2.

If i feel like playing any of the games in my Epic library i buy them on Steam/GoG and play them there for some reason, i dont even dislike the launcher and i am glad someone is stepping up to Valve.
Its dumb, but it feels right, 15 years of being conditioned to launch a game through a specific app messed with my brain.

Last edited:

DryvBy

Ok, I agree with Epic. I claim the games but I haven't play a game on it yet.

I have a ton of PC games, but with a few exceptions I've stopped playing on PC. Console gaming has been a better value and my home theater setup is nicer than my desk.

This is where my switch came from years ago. I've been on PC since the late 80s, I still love it because there's a library of games that won't ever hit modern systems or anything that I can still play on PC (Outlaws, Dune, Shogo MAD) but I have an OLED and Dolby Atmos 7.1 system for my living room now, so why would I sit with headphones on with some jank 1080p Samsung monitors?

Last edited:
My Epic Store free collection is ginormous. I've only played a few. Most recent was the Tomb Raider series.
I've been using my Steamdeck to play my Steam backlog, at least most games released last gen have played really well, current stuff is making the Deck struggle.

keraj37

Contacted PSN to add his card back to his account
I have a ton of PC games, but with a few exceptions I've stopped playing on PC. Console gaming has been a better value and my home theater setup is nicer than my desk.
Same here. I have 100s games across pc platforms, mostly steam, but went into console gaming, and never looked back.

BlackTron

When I first read the title my mind immediately raced to physical games. If we count digital libraries the answer is always gonna be the same boring one.

Digital, it's Epic. Physical, it's PS4 and N64.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Whoever doesn’t say PC has clearly not participated in the Steam summer sales of the 2010s.

But if we remove the game collection part of the question, my least played platform has probably been PS5 this generation. There’s no particular reason; I love my PS5. I just haven’t played much of it at all. Most played is definitely Switch by a mile, then Analogue Pocket, then MiSTer, and Xbox Series X after that. Then PC, then PS5.

I still need to pick up some PS5 games like Ragnarok and Spidey 2 (I guess…) Plus, Astro Bot is my most anticipated game of the year by far.

Gamerguy84

I play every game I buy but I do have a massive PSPLUS log, and I mean massive, that I'd at least like to try out that haven't even bothered loading yet and I'm not playing anything new right now.

For me it is the PS2. I use it more as a DVD player now despite having several dozen games on it. My biggest collection is probably on the Xbox Series S, but it is largely a compilation of definitive versions of broken/outdated games I already own on other systems. I play it a lot though.

Last edited:

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Well.. the one I have the biggest collection of games from is the Dreamcast, and I don't play it anymore. It has been several years in storage. I must have about 30 Dreamcast games.

LectureMaster

Gold Member
Most played PC game this year so far.

8yIDfd9.png

Zannegan

I have a huge library of old favorites on Steam, but I don't have a gaming capable laptop anymore, and I gave my Steam Deck away. Even so, if there's a crazy sale on something I want, I'll pick it up. It's kind of a problem.

MayauMiao

Steam but mainly due to my decade old PC couldn't keep up with the latest games. Hoping to full PC upgrade this year.

Rival

Gold Member
Not counting Epic I have almost 100 switch games and most I have kept sealed. I buy a lot digital.

Steam. I have over 1,000 games yet no way to play them.

My library was built over the years with humble bundles and what not. Stopped pc gaming due to BSOD. So no longer have a working gaming pc.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Toss up between Switch and PC but own more PC games that I never play than Switch despite never using the Switch either.

Last edited:
Xbox.

Through GamePass I have access to a massive library of games I have hardly any interest in booting up.

I would never buy a game on Xbox due to GP and all third party games not on GP means I won’t buy them on Xbox since I’d prefer to play on PS5.

So it’s exclusives and GP only

Bond007

Will just stick to newer stuff- since anything retro is really a whole different topic.
Switch is the answer for me.

I know in the future as a typical nintendo console for me- i will want a good collection of games that represent the switch. Nintendo game prices are always steady and its best to buy em during the era and hold on to em. For me anyway.

Aion002

Gold Member
PC (Steam). I buy games on it and then when I decide to play them, I just end up playing Civilization V....

Last edited:

Sojiro

Steam (I don't have have anywhere as much in GoG). I used to be bad about just buying bundles or tons of games during sales, just because of how cheap they are. I rarely played any of them since whenever I play on the PC it's always with friends.

Top Bottom