• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

White TX girls blame society for their racist rap about lynching black boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
.....*sigh*

Raw Story said:
Two white girls sent letters of apology after classmates shared a racist rap song they recorded about lynching black boys who found them sexually attractive.

The girls, whose names were not released, said they recorded the improvised rap two years ago as freshmen at Grapevine High School and did not fully understand the implications of their actions, reported Daily Kos.

“At this time in our lives, racism was not the talk of the country nor had we ever witnessed the true power of social media, twitter was still fresh and we had never heard of anyone getting in trouble for posting anything on social media, it was the beginning of this social era,” said one of the girls in a letter written to classmates and teachers.

“N*ggas n*ggas n*ggas they always look at me, I want to kill them now, I want to hang them from a tree,” one girl raps at the start of the three-minute, 17-second recording.

The girls repeatedly threaten to kill black boys who look at them sexually and make stereotypical references to black penis size, in addition to homophobic comments and offensive remarks about Latino and Asian-American students.

The girls, however, insist they are not bigoted.

jenniferlawrenceokaythumbup.gif

Link - Song recording also at the link

Interfectum

“At this time in our lives, racism was not the talk of the country nor had we ever witnessed the true power of social media, twitter was still fresh and we had never heard of anyone getting in trouble for posting anything on social media, it was the beginning of this social era,” said one of the girls in a letter written to classmates and teachers.

lolwut

Dang. My high school raps that destroyed my chances at political office were about sexually depraved stuff. Glad I'm not super racist

Wynnebeck

Banned
Freedom of speech. Black people shouldn't be infringing on their rights just because they are salty about stereotypes based in truth said some bigot in Texas.

thebeeks

Banned
Please don't be Flower Mound High School again, please don't be Flower Mound High School again...

...phew!

...Oh, son of a bitch, Grapevine! Can't this part of DFW not look like an utter shithole for like fifteen minutes?

"2013, the beginning of this thing we called internet."

What?

This sounds like the kind of excuse that an idiot in HS would make. That's all they are, idiots. Hopefully they learn from this.

Makonero

Racists! Terrible people! They should pay! Lynch them!

Am I doing it right? Yes they are stupid and dumb and racist, but they're also young and not deserving of internet mob justice.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
I mean... at the very least they -were- bigoted 2 years ago, when they recorded that song. If they want to convince people that after that song that two years was all they needed to learn the err of their ways and no longer be racist?... Well good luck.

PSqueak

Banned
“At this time in our lives, racism was not the talk of the country nor had we ever witnessed the true power of social media, twitter was still fresh and we had never heard of anyone getting in trouble for posting anything on social media, it was the beginning of this social era,”

"We made it at a time when we didn't know there could be concequences for bieng racist in social media!!"

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
This is like play number #3 in the "Caught being racist" playbook. "Feign ignorance / blame society"

Into

“N*ggas n*ggas n*ggas they always look at me, I want to kill them now, I want to hang them from a tree,”

These lyrics suck, they arent just racist idiots they are bad rappers too.

I suppose you can get them to work with the Hypnotize beat

tumblr_mjgwooAS2G1qdlfp4o1_500.gif

I feel like these kind of attitudes are disgusting and need to be wiped off the face of the Earth, and that the best way to do that is to try to educate people, and shame those who have the racists beliefs.

I also feel like these girls were maybe 13 or 14 when they made it, and that that should be factored into how they are treated. These girls deserved to be punished. These girls need to learn that this sort of behavior will not be tolerated in the civilized society. Maybe they would get more pity, though, if their apology amounted to more than "We're sorry you all saw this." I hope that this story ends with these girls realizing the errors of their ways and becoming more well-adjusted people. I really, really hope so.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
These lyrics suck, they arent just idiots they are bad rappers too.

I can't believe you managed to have me recite that in my head like 6 times before realizing how ridiculous it is.

I think a bigger discussion (and one that we've had here on GAF before) is that there are a lot of internet trolls who honestly believe that nothing you post on the internet matters, or is real. The people you offend aren't real, the people who support you aren't real, the people who insult you aren't real. So it's carte blanche to just act like a complete cock bite at all times and live #YOLO posting whatever. Parents need to do a better job pointing out to their children that this shit will follow you for years, so it's okay to practice some discretion.

These lyrics suck, they arent just idiots they are bad rappers too.

Now I can't get it out of my head, damn you.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

Am I doing it right? Yes they are stupid and dumb and racist, but they're also young and not deserving of internet mob justice.

There we go.

The use of lynching imagery is a particularly nice touch of irony.

Siegcram

Nah, you're doing it wrong and look not much better than these 2 brain amputees.

Takuan

The "I didn't know we couldn't do that" response, hahaha.

I'll give 'em a pass. People that young can certainly change and I don't see how exposing their names and terrorizing them will help.

besada

Banned
I am shocked to discover there are racist teenagers at Grapevine High School. Astonished, even. My friends that went are also stunned. We may never recover from the surprise. Next we'll hear that Azle High, Flower Mound, Keller, and Carroll also have racists within their hallowed halls.

fuzzyset

The other girl said they were only mirroring the society they grew up in.

“As kids, we hear racist jokes all times of the day,” she said. “It’s what we’re around, it’s the jokes we heard.”

But, the girl said, she learned all of those racial slurs and offensive jokes outside her parents’ home.

“In my own home, my entire life I have never heard a foul or judgemental (sic) word for another race ever leave my parents’ mouths,” she claimed. “I myself have witnessed others spit racial slurs or comments and have been completely dumbfounded to the point of tears.”

Ooooooo man

aeolist

Banned
Please don't be Flower Mound High School again, please don't be Flower Mound High School again...

...phew!

...Oh, son of a bitch, Grapevine! Can't this part of DFW not look like an utter shithole for like fifteen minutes?

gotta make sure all the blacks stay in south dallas where they belong

until we decide to gentrify it anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom