• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who has seen Napoleon Dynamite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kip and "LaFawnduh's" wedding. The old country guy that hired Napoleon to move the chickens is in charge of the ceremony, although you can understand him somewhat this time. Then Kip sings a horrible song and you see "LaFawnduh's" family who is stunned that she would actually marry a guy like him. They get married and then Napoleon comes riding into the wedding (the wedding is outside in the middle of nowhere) on a horse.

It is a pretty funny scene. Some pretty good lines liek Napoleon saying he has been busy "taming a honeymoon steed for you" and just the way that Napoleon rides in on the horse is funny. And the song really is horrible, but pathetically funny at the same time

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I just saw it a little while ago, and I stayed the whole time, all the way to the end and there was no wedding scene.

Then again, my theater's print was kind of crappy and it was clear that the film wasn't centered on screen (the top was clearly running off a little..wasn't a big deal but it just wasn't quite right), so maybe the theater was just incompetent.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Saw it last night, thought it was very ok. I felt like I'd seen the jokes 10 times before only in this they were forced and not as subtle as they should have been. I can't really describe it, maybe its all the anecdotal jobs of his brother/uncle, but the movie really felt like a sitcom. Anyone who compares this to Wes Anderson humor is a moron and deserves a kick to the face.

With that said, it wasn't bad, I'm just trying to slow down the hype train.

Trevelyon

Hah!

I saw it a few hours ago, it was really off beat & quirky, I loved it. Kip is absolutely the funniest thing about this movie, the whole chat meeting & time machine thing were too funny. Also it was awesome to see Diedrich Bader in this too, with his Rex-kwando. :p

Four rock on smilies out of five!

headbanger.gif
headbanger.gif
headbanger.gif
headbanger.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom