• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who would you consider the greatest actor and actress?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
ive gotta add that Nicolas Cage really impressed me in Adaptation.... both of his characters really came off as two separate personalities..

dorio

Banned
Al Pacino is up there along with honorable mentions for any cast member in Glengarry Glenross.

But for my money the guy who did

A Soldier's Story
Hurricane
Glory
Malcolm X
Training Day

Mr. Washington is tops in my book. This guy has made me cry in his bad movies like the one about his boy needing a heart.

For women its between Kidman, that scene with Cruise in Eyes Wide Shut where their smoking pot is amazing, and Helen Bonheme Carter always turns in an interesting performance.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
I just want to throw Michael Caine in, because he f*cking rocks.

He's such a lovable wanker in Get Carter.

Socreges

Banned
Not just favourites, but who I think are the most talented actors:

Daniel Day-Lewis
Al Pacino
Tom Hanks
Mel Gibson
Jim Carrey
Johnny Depp
Liam Neeson
Marlon Brando
Ben Kingsley
Robert De Niro
Philip Seymour Hoffman
Jack Nicholson

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Too hard to name just one...

Jack Nicholson (Here's Johnny!!!)
Gary Oldman (I'm still not convinced that he played that wheelchair guy in Hannibal. I mean I know it's him but he's just so good you don't even get a hint of it).
Al Pacino (Godfather, Scarface, etc)
Robert DeNiro (Godfather, Goodfellas, and a ton of other stuff)
Sean Penn (Has been doing great performances for 20+ years.)
Johnny Depp (All around good actor who plays a lot of offbeat roles.)
Kevin Bacon (He can really play a sleezeball well. His character in Sleepers still gives me chills.)
Marlon Brando (Godfather)
Sean Connery (the real James Bond)
Leonardo DiCaprio (I thought his performance in the Basketball Diaries was amazing. I know he's got talent. I just wish he would start to pick more roles that let him display it.)
Tom Cruise (A guy who has done a lot of really entertaining movies over the years. Not all of them are Oscar worthy but he has done some great performances. I think he was snubbed at this past year's Oscars. The Last Samurai was the best movie that he's ever done. One day I think he'll get his due.)
Robert Duvall (He seems genuine in all of his roles. I especially like him in Colors.)

Meryl Streep (THE best actress of our time.)
Jodie Foster (The second best actress of our time.)
Jennifer Connely (The third best actress of our time.)
Julia Roberts (She's played a lot of different roles and she adds a warmth to them.)
Katherine Zeta Jones (HOT!)
Rachel Weisz (HOT and talented)

karasu said:
I always recognize Oldman when I see him. The make up doesn't hide who he is. He's a great actor though.

Welp he just fooled me again. I had no idea that was him in Harry Potter until I saw the credits. I didn't even realize Gary Oldman was in the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom