• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who's the most dominant big man in fighters?

XS+

Banned
Who's the most dominant force in the fighting game league? Technically speaking.

vf4_wolf_por.jpg

ssear-8.png

9e20d8e0.gif

zangief01.gif

astaroth_concept.jpg

Shaq%20Fu%20(SS).gif

Well it certainly used to be Zangief, but now I'm tempted to say Asteroth, based upon pure games popularity (over here at least) and the fact that he has the best range of any big guy.

Big A is a terror on low and mid skill Soul Calibur players, you can get around all his shit, but if you make a mistake, it's over.

A big part of it is complexity. Asteroth doesn't need to throw around full-circle motions or multi-input grapple moves to get the job done. Big A just doesn't have to work

XS+

Banned
My top 5 would probably be:

1) Zangief (SFA3)
2) Astaroth (SC2)
3) Hugo (III3rd)
4) Tizoc (MotW)
5) Gaira (SS3)

SaitoH

Wolf gets a big "hell yeah" from me. He has the best array of throws and grapples, coupled with an excellent bank of punches and kicks, make him a fantastic allround fighter.

His new F5, punch combos and combo throws are going to be icing on the cake.

^w^

Wolf all the way. He was teh most powerful grappler I ever used in EVO, and he looks even more juiced up in Final Tuned. He's too good.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Even though he's in a beat 'em up, I'll choose Max anyway. You know, the big guy in Streets of Rage 2. I've finished the game countless times, and used Max 99 % of the times. He rocks!

maxstillmove.gif

XS+

Banned
Kiriku said:
Even though he's in a beat 'em up, I'll choose Max anyway. You know, the big guy in Streets of Rage 2. I've finished the game countless times, and used Max 99 % of the times. He rocks!

maxstillmove.gif
That backbreaker was too damn good. Only character I can beat the game with in Mania.

Neo_ZX

Oh yeah forgot to give props to Earthquake! One of the original 'take up the whole screen' guys. Anyone that predates him in a fighter?

Neo_ZX said:
Oh yeah forgot to give props to Earthquake! One of the original 'take up the whole screen' guys. Anyone that predates him in a fighter?

I wholeheartedly agree!

Earthquake easily wins this entire contest.

earthquake.jpg

robox

Sentinel:
c.hp xx rocket punch xx drone super -> hp xx rocket punch xx drone super
repeat as necessary or as dictated by meter

then you get fly and stomp or the finger....

Top Bottom