• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why Do The Highest Rated Games Sacrifice Women

I just find it so exhausting that women get sacrificed for the sake of the plot.

I deleted my save file on Elden Ring because the woman gets sacrificed to give you power.

YAWN!

Now I lose my partner in life and have EVEN MORE work thrust on my shoulders.

The game just loses any sense of connection to me at the point of sacrifice.

That's not how the real world works.

When a woman goes down, you can easily find a new partner, so the workload isnt utterly daunting.

I feel like that should be reflected more in a game's story.

I'm looking forward to the Zelda led Game as a breath of fresh air in the industry.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
When a woman goes down, you can easily find a new partner
Man Body GIF

feynoob

Banned

When a woman goes down, you can easily find a new partner, so the workload isnt utterly daunting.
I guess you dont live in the real world.
What you describe is loose love.

People who are in real love usually dont get married and will be a single until they die. The loss of their loved one is heavy on their heart.

And as to why its high rated? Its because of the emotion. Love bonding is much stronger than anything. And losing loved ones elevates certain media. For example, spiderman is great because of uncle ben, batman with his parents.

Madflavor

I just find it so exhausting that women get sacrificed for the sake of the plot.

I deleted my save file on Elden Ring because the woman gets sacrificed to give you power.

YAWN!

I'm looking forward to the Zelda led Game as a breath of fresh air in the industry.

Well my friend, let me tell you about a game called The Last of Us Part 2.

Edit: Thanks for the gold!

Last edited:

Lions Gate

YAWN!

cyLun8W.gif

Humdinger

Funny, I notice the opposite - that men are usually the ones who get sacrificed, or who sacrifice themselves, usually for the sake of women, children, or others. When a woman is sacrificed, it's usually in the beginning of the game, and it's to provide a motive (revenge) that fuels the action.

That's very much a case by case basis thing...

I'm not even going in the direction of "Not every man is as attractive to women as you".
I'm saying that loosing a partner can lead to different reactions out of people. And not everyone just seeks a new one. Some just don't. For reasons that should be obvious.

Either way, I don’t disagree with anything you said, but it's more general to me. Not just a woman thing.

I really disliked the fact that The Last Guardian ended exactly how 99% of people thought it would (Not gonna spoil it, if you know, you know)

Death is very overrated in games, honestly. I understand why it's used, and it's usually supposed to be an emotionally impactful moment, or is meant to raise the stakes of the plot.

But it does get overused. Very much.

Last edited:

Sgt.Asher

Stop it, get some help

Top Bottom